onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Advert

There is no doubt Dave that a few cretins are giving Nazi salutes , some as you say are just chanting and waving their arms around. 

The fact that Churchill defeated the Nazis ( his armies ) makes the saluting today absolutely repulsive. 

As someone who had Covid-19 albeit luckily very mildly the protests full stop whichever view you take are a smack in the face for the doctors and nurses and also the general public and folk who haven't seen loved ones in months . 

30 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

i'm not a fan of these people who's statues are being toppled, but why do you or some protester get to decide if it stays or not?

and I haven't seen any news yet, but from whats been said, look at the crowd in the paddock near the police box when they are shouting Vale, Vale, at the away supporters, they have their arms up...

I can understand that argument as I’ve said before, what I can’t understand is defending the actions of some of these people who are celebrated. 
im not sure what you’re saying for the second part. 

What percentage of the BLM protests were idiots causing destruction?

What percentage of today’s protests were there just for a fight... given the statues were all boxed up and didn’t need “defending” I’m just unsure of the point of today?

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

What percentage of the BLM protests were idiots causing destruction?

What percentage of today’s protests were there just for a fight... given the statues were all boxed up and didn’t need “defending” I’m just unsure of the point of today?

Knuckle dragging neanderthals 

1 hour ago, geosname said:

If you allow one group to deface a statue it objects to how do you stop any other group?

The people who attended today to protect the memorials were issued with a Section 14 of the Public Order Act to move on or be arrested?

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Sky and BBC news loving it today.

Police in riot gear and numerous roads blocked off . 

Pity that they didn't take that approach last week before the violence and vandalism. 

Yes, it is the media who we should criticise!

Not the men attacking police officers, throwing Nazi salutes, and urinating on a memorial for a police officer who died in service.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

This is a bad decision and I hope enough people speak out about it to make them realise it. Political symbolism and, not only an acceptence, but a league sponsored endorsement of extreme ideology is a precedent in football that I do not want to be set.

Are you labelling Black Lives Matter as an extreme ideology due to the actions of a minority of idiots?

If so, I hope you are as consistent as ever and brand all those who don't like BLM as people who throw Nazi salutes, who urinate on memorials to police, and attack on-duty policeman.

Only being fair there mate. Glad we could clear that up. 

On 11/06/2020 at 22:02, Davebrad said:

if this is a dig at me? I will answer what I can, if not ignore it...

1, I didn't say it had good bits, I said we were better at it than the others...

2, I said we brought the industrial revolution...

3,statues are a image to look at and learn... have you never seen a statue and not read the inscription?

4, if you've never read a book, how can you say its good or bad...

5, the people are the power,  left or right, it depends on how the they do, then they are re-elected...

6, from the last few weeks, any statue can be removed depending on the crowds leaning.... as far as Roy go's if hes a anything a protest is against, that's it he's going.

as far as missing anything, yes that the lunatics have taken control of the asylum... God nows  what's going be next.

If you've never read a book, how can you say its good or bad.

Davebrad everyone. A book written by Adolf Hitler. Good grief, mate. You've had an absolute howler here.

45 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I can understand that argument as I’ve said before, what I can’t understand is defending the actions of some of these people who are celebrated. 
im not sure what you’re saying for the second part. 

look back to the 18-19th centuries, most but not all, got a eye for the fast buck, wrongly to us now that meant slave trading, when it stopped they looked to other things, politics always looks good so some used money to that ends by giving to schools, hospitals, and to their towns. After they died people to say thank you and show appreciation put up statues, now to us today slavery was bad, but the statues where put up show the peoples thanks for these other things they did not for their slave trading.

Churchills is to recognise his statesmanship 1906 to 1945, and leading us to win the war, but not to recognise his failing at Gallipoli, or his Irish legacy, or ordering Harris to bomb German citys, for which Harris got blamed, and the all volunteer bomber command with 55,573 dead, were not recognised for their part in winning the war until 2012, and that's been  desecrated a few times now.

the 2nd part of my reply was to say just because they DFLA were holding their arms up whilst chanting England, England, it doesn't mean it was a Nazi salute, has Vale do it chanting to the away crowds, but as I said I have not seen any news so I can't say for sure.

I know its a bit long reply but its what I think, and you did ask...

Archived