onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

11 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

My first instinct was what a disgraceful decision to wear shirts branded with the name of a political organisation.

My second instinct is  -  are these leftists stupid? They want to abolish capitalism and of all things...the PREMIER LEAGUE is endorsing them? You really couldn't make that one up.

We have football related anti-racism programs already that could be used. We can show our support for minorities, as a sport and as a community, in other ways, other than pretending to pander to left wing extremism by endorising such policies.

This is a bad decision and I hope enough people speak out about it to make them realise it. Political symbolism and, not only an acceptence, but a league sponsored endorsement of extreme ideology is a precedent in football that I do not want to be set.

Weren't poppys banned?

Advert

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

So the narrative here is that THIS protest has a few idiots... that’s not how the BLM protests were described.

There was a real focus on the troublemakers when they were happening.

I wonder why the focus is different this time?! Hmmmmmmm

I have no idea what the narrative is, just a statement of fact. The larger the group the more idiots are present 

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting that you weren’t doing this for the BLM Protests. 😂😂😂😂😂

you are DEFINITELY coming across as unbiased on this topic Darren

No need to shout , come on then spell it out, what are you suggesting ? 

I know but you darent actually say it as you'd be banned . 

I am biased yes , I already said the murder of Floyd was abhorrent. The way the BLM and Antifa have gone about this is now alienating millions of people who are actually very angry. People like me who wouldn't usually comment on stuff like this but try to get patronised or ridiculed just because they have a different opinion. 

One contributor in particular, not you, think that only their opinion counts and tries to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with his spiel.

Can I also add that people today throwing stuff at the police and vermin doing Nazi salutes are also pathetic as it purely fans the flames of an already biased media. 

Both sides have trouble makers. Both are wrong.

What I don’t understand is the purpose of the trouble.

The BLM side was to destroy statues of slave traders and being down monuments that glorify the persecution of black people.

Anyone able to tell me what the purpose of Nazi salutes and throwing things at the police is today? 

3 hours ago, Davebrad said:

aye, there's the rub, who decides...

Just don’t have murderers, racists and slavery etc. It’s a low freaking bar to be honest. If it’s a choice between no statue and the statue of despicable people, I’d choose no statues.

im not a fan of stoke city, but stans or Gordon banks statue doesn’t  bother me because they arent murdering racists. It’s not difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

My first instinct was what a disgraceful decision to wear shirts branded with the name of a political organisation.

My second instinct is  -  are these leftists stupid? They want to abolish capitalism and of all things...the PREMIER LEAGUE is endorsing them? You really couldn't make that one up.

We have football related anti-racism programs already that could be used. We can show our support for minorities, as a sport and as a community, in other ways, other than pretending to pander to left wing extremism by endorising such policies.

This is a bad decision and I hope enough people speak out about it to make them realise it. Political symbolism and, not only an acceptence, but a league sponsored endorsement of extreme ideology is a precedent in football that I do not want to be set.

for the England v Scotland match which was due to be played on 11th Nov. 2016. the countries were told they could not wear poppies on their shirts, fifa who are in charge of world football said no, the reason "we do not allow any message that is political, religious, or commercial messages on shirts"...  but both countries took a stand and said balls,

so who's made this decision the FA or FIFA, to allow advertising, into the game...

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The BLM side was to destroy statues of slave traders and being down monuments that glorify the persecution of black people.

Anyone able to tell me what the purpose of Nazi salutes and throwing things at the police is today? 

There is no purpose, it's just incitement to cause trouble and attack the Police the same as it was last Saturday.

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Why the edit Andy ? 

I put that Stan and banks are murderers , instead of aren’t, and deleted too much. If I went back and put it all on I would have run out of time to edit and that kind of typo I wouldn’t want staying. 

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

No need to shout , come on then spell it out, what are you suggesting ? 

I know but you darent actually say it as you'd be banned . 

So weird... something is obviously playing on your mind and now you are trying to entice people into saying something abusive! 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Oh fair enough the version I saw contained much more including the tweet I attached .

I know, but it really wasn’t worth the bother to risk leaving a pretty libellous typo. It was barely a point worth making in comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The purpose of trouble is disruption, to get a bigger headline, for the hell of it?

I can't see the purpose of salutes, throwing things or defacing statues.... except for the above.

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

There is no purpose, it's just incitement to cause trouble and attack the Police the same as it was last Saturday.

Attacking police is absolutely ridiculous and as Doha rightly said earlier to be expected. 

The situation is now becoming critical, it's not going to blow over and rightly so. But where does the protests and counter protests lead us ? 

I'm of the opinion that none of these demonstrations should be allowed in the current climate.

Last week I should of seen The Killers in front of 50'000 . Rightly cancelled. Perhaps they should of renamed it as The demonstration tour and I'd of gone along masked up 

10 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Just don’t have murderers, racists and slavery etc. It’s a low freaking bar to be honest. If it’s a choice between no statue and the statue of despicable people, I’d choose no statues.

im not a fan of stoke city, but stans or Gordon banks statue doesn’t  bother me because they arent murdering racists. It’s not difficult. 

i'm not a fan of these people who's statues are being toppled, but why do you or some protester get to decide if it stays or not?

and I haven't seen any news yet, but from whats been said, look at the crowd in the paddock near the police box when they are shouting Vale, Vale, at the away supporters, they have their arms up...

Archived