• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert:

Bolton Preview!

We talk through an alternative view of the Oldham after the 3 of us remained positive. Then go through the main talking points of the Supporters Club meeting, before getting on to a tough test against in-form Bolton. Is this the moment it turns?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Good discussion on the Bolton preview. On the medicals I know for a fact we were signing players without a medical pre dating Askey. I would also point to the fact players who have consistently broken down with injuries aren't Askey signings. 

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Good discussion on the Bolton preview. On the medicals I know for a fact we were signing players without a medical pre dating Askey. I would also point to the fact players who have consistently broken down with injuries aren't Askey signings. 

Yeah I remember Aspin was supposed to have gotten rid of the sports science stuff that Brown brought in. I would imagine the club carried on neglecting sports science until recently.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Yeah I remember Aspin was supposed to have gotten rid of the sports science stuff that Brown brought in. I would imagine the club carried on neglecting sports science until recently.

we land a rover on mars-we cant a decent training shoe!😊

Bradley is the new training facility they've had the lease for a while now but I believe they want to buy it. As for people who keep telling me that we have to many back room staff and we've never needed them before all I say to them is look how well we've done over the last 20 years of being ran with less staff than a non league club and then tell me why it doesn't need to change.
Carol has made a few mistakes but no one can accuse her of not trying to put it right.
Great podcast again gentlemen but I've noticed that the more you've tried to stop swearing the more you swear.

Bolton Review and Newport Preview

We react to another home defeat. We defend well in the main, but still can't score so it's a pretty despondent pod. We talk about where we go from here and whether we can get a win on Tuesday, as we decide to not upset ourselves doing another pod on Sunday! 

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert:

The majority of it was good, but I tune out when people start coming out of the cliches of giving a zero rating and “he isn’t a professional footballer” comments.  Giving Conlon a zero and coming out stuff like he doesn’t care is just knee jerk over reacting fan attention seeking IMO. Then in the next breath say how well we have been doing as a defensive unit. That’s because Joyce and Conlon are being asked to do the side of the game that people like Jonny clearly don’t notice, the stuff off the ball that  protects our back 4 and denies the opposition space, breaking up play and keeping it simple, that’s part of the reason why in the majority of Clarke’s games we’ve looked better as a defensive unit. Then blaming him for the goal saying he should have put a foot out, the ball came at him waist high, not much he can do there. I’ve come to the conclusion that Jonny only notices what players do with the ball and going forward.

Edited by PV1973
  • Thanks 1

I think Conlon is one of the most over rated vale players that I can remember for a long time

I’m sorry he’s not captain material either . Since he has been made captain he’s been immensely poor but he’s no Dave Brammer that’s for sure

Great podcast as usual guys btw

• Like 1

Can I just ask; why is it the odd swear word is such a giant problem, on a podcast about a game driven by passion, hosted by 3 fans driven by passion? It's just like watching footy on TV, where they always excuse in abundance, if a mic has picked up a swear word. It's football for Gods sake, not a church! If you get offended at a football ground, you simply need to stay away!

Edited by Danish Valiant

We have had some feedback on the swearing and in all fairness I think I have been the biggest culprit over the last few months so I am trying tone it down a bit but i agree your going get some swearing when we’re passionate and it’s just after full time, but by my own admission I have been a little OTT in the past 3 months 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, DannyBezza said:

We have had some feedback on the swearing and in all fairness I think I have been the biggest culprit over the last few months so I am trying tone it down a bit but i agree your going get some swearing when we’re passionate and it’s just after full time, but by my own admission I have been a little OTT in the past 3 months 

To be fair, with how it has been going down Vale recently, I admire your restraint. You should hear it down here of a Sat/Tues.

• Haha 1

Performances of late would make a parson swear!

Enjoyed the latest podcast but some of the scoring is outlandish!

Keep up the good work but try to control some of the extremities, it is in danger of curtailing what has been so far, a superb collection.

Passion is running high, I feel it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But very funny with it lol , it’s passion it’s great keep going
  • Like 2