onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

57 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'm a bit confused why the Conservatives have gone with the slogan "Britain Deserves Better". Better than what? The party who have been in government for the past 9 years? 

Head band for Johnson? Very apt.

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'm a bit confused why the Conservatives have gone with the slogan "Britain Deserves Better". Better than what? The party who have been in government for the past 9 years? 

Probably three and a half years of stalemate/stagnation in the house..... only a guess

41 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Yeh that's right.  Nothing whatsoever to do with a world wide economic crash was it?  The crash started in 2007 and gathered pace through 2008.  Borrowing sky rocketed as a result.  Since 2010 a Tory has been in charge of the purse strings and they promised to square it away by 2015 was it?  I will give them the benefit that perhaps the problem was bigger than they first understood but in 2015 they promised to have it squared away by 2017.  After 5 years in the job, they can no longer plead ignorance and 9 years later its frankly dreadfully pathetic to still blame a governemnt from 9 years ago for anything.  If you cant sort stuff out in 9 years then clearly there is a competence issue and it doesnt help that they are habitual liars.

Are any of them any better?  Absolutely not, but after 9 years of Tory <ovf censored> it's time to change the record and have a listen to somebody elses <ovf censored> instead.

Basically, I am advocating what you yourself have already previously done, which is voting for change without actually knowing what that change fully entails.  I am surprised you arent all over it as gambling the country's future is right up your street!

Yeah I do it when the odds of success are well in my favour though.

8 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Well,for a start better than the opposition who haven't been good enough to replace them in that time.

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Hahahha  what a weirdo.

He wasnt elected on any such thing.  During that election Europe wasn't an issue for anyone.  You show me anybody who says they voted for Tory in 2015 because they promised a ref and I will show you a liar.

It doesn't matter why people voted..... it was in the manifesto...... Labour,  or at least some, wanted it..... lib dems demanded it..... are you suggesting politicians shouldn't honour their manifesto promises?.... it's not often they do I know but I think they should.

5 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Probably geo. That'll be the stalemate created by Cameron's recklessness calling the referendum though. 

It was the wrong decision mate but I doubt it was reckless..... the stagnation set in when some members who promised to honour the result dishonoured their pledge..... after that it was a cluster.... thingy.

It's going to be a great Christmas....

People are being offered gazillions of pounds of free money just to put an X in a box..... and as an added bonus carol singers may get disrupted.

Now if they could ban the crap music in supermarkets and stop the sale of Easter eggs on boxing day it could be perfect.

15 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not anything and everything. Just the shambles they left the economy in which we have still not fully recovered from. 

18 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

It is a Government`s responsibility to ensure people are housed safely, we are a rich nation, we have the means, tax accordingly.

No matter what is raised in taxation, it still has to be spent wisely!

15 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

And yet it's ok to still blame the last Labour government for anything and everything all these years later...  imagine.

Yes it is, as the blame fell fairly & squarely on the shoulders of the last 2 Labour governments and it has taken over 10 years to get out of the financial mess that they created and then left for us.

On one hand you complain about austerity, yet on the other you fail to understand that it was Labour's public spending profligacy that made those savings necessary in the first place.  There's a good "teach youself economics" book I could recommend to you!  Once again, I will refer you to my previous posts on this topic, where I spell out just what a mess we were in as a country financially in 2010. 

I don't know how old you are, but I'm (unfortunately) old enough to have been around when, following  the Harold Wilson/ Jim Callaghan years Labour governments (as they always do) once again left us in dire straits and in the financial doo doo!  Don't take my word for it, just do a bit of historical reseach and you'll find out.  Try Dennis Healey/IMF as a starter and you'll start to see what Labour does to the finances of this country when we are foolish enough as an electorate to hand them the keys to the treasury. I promise you, that to have been there and lived through these desperate times --exchange controls on your money, no credit (or mortgages allowed) inflation at almost 19% and borrowing rates at nearly 16%--it ain't pleasant!

If you do the research, you'll no doubt have a better understanding of why I, and many people of my age, do not wish to live under another Labour administration. The conservatives are far from blame-free, but historically (and check me out again) Tory governments tend not to trash the economy, but usually have to sweep up the fianancial mess left behind by successive Labour administrations.  That's why the prospect of a Labour government led by Corbyn & McDonnell promising to take levels of spending to the heights last seen during those terrible 1970's, frightens the s*1t out of me and many of my age.   I'm almost as worried by the promises being made this time around by Sajid Javid who seems hell-bent on matching Labour's unsustainable spending promises. I have no wish to live uner any administration, Labour or Conservative that fails to learn the lessons from what I thought were those far-off dark and financially-troubled years!

Archived