Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Fosse69

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

1 hour ago, Frank Mustard said:

I'd have said paying half a million quid on your striker is splashing it.

Different owners though, and I believe Carol and Kevin are quite close to their chairman so hopefully pick up some tips!

Lets be fair Burton have had a great cup run, a couple of years in the Championship which provides its own huge funding if the club is run within its means.

It would of been interesting to see how the Hugill, Grant, Alnwick and TV Monies, Checkatrade money was spent had it been received during this ownership... dare say we would probably be one of the bigger spenders this season at this level and progressing faster. Sadly our last owner didn't share that sentiment.

• Like 2

Burton and Accrington should be a models for what Carol and Kevin are trying to achieve. What there chairmen have done with non-league outfits in all but league position is frankly astonishing

• Like 1

Burton and Accrington should be a models for what Carol and Kevin are trying to achieve. What there chairmen have done with non-league outfits in all but league position is frankly astonishing

We are a far bigger club than both those teams though , we have over 4000 season tickets sold , both of those teams would kill for that . if we can avoid a relegation fight this season and build then there is no reason that in the next 5 -6 years we could be pushing top half league one

Just a morsel of success at vale park and the fans would go wild as we have been starved for over 4 years now

5 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

I'd have said paying half a million quid on your striker is splashing it.

Investing League Cup Semi-Final monies is sensible, making sure they are in a healthy L1 position.

We are a far bigger club than both those teams though , we have over 4000 season tickets sold , both of those teams would kill for that . if we can avoid a relegation fight this season and build then there is no reason that in the next 5 -6 years we could be pushing top half league one

Just a morsel of success at vale park and the fans would go wild as we have been starved for over 4 years now
I was talking more in terms of how they are run rather than actual comparisons. We are definitely bigger and have the potential to be better, but they have experienced much more success than we have in the past few years because of how they are run.
  • Like 1

I was talking more in terms of how they are run rather than actual comparisons. We are definitely bigger and have the potential to be better, but they have experienced much more success than we have in the past few years because of how they are run.

Yes totally agree perhaps what I was trying to say is we have more potential than them and if run correctly over time we could perhaps be far better than both those teams

Dont disagree at all, had Kevin and Carol been at the helm last season, no doubt we would have been in a position to invest a few quid in the last January window. However, you stated they hadn't splashed the cash, spending half a million pounds on one player for Burton Albion is clearly splashing cash.

Investing League Cup Semi-Final monies is sensible, making sure they are in a healthy L1 position.

On 14/08/2019 at 20:17, Iron Curtain said:

How does that correlate with us having the 6th highest quality goal scoring opportunities created in the league over the two games? That doesn’t sound negative?

Silly me I thought you had to score goals to win games not goal scoring opportunities.

Really in the first 3 games we haven’t bothered their keepers much and still have a problem scoring goals.

The same problem as last season one up front and if the wingers and midfield are pushed back a 30 yard gap between Pope and players supporting him.

15 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Really in the first 3 games we haven’t bothered their keepers much and still have a problem scoring goals.

I thought the Burton keeper made four excellent saves on Tuesday.  YOu must have been in the loo when they happened.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought the Burton keeper made four excellent saves on Tuesday.  YOu must have been in the loo when they happened.

On loan from ManU , Maccs player of the year last season