Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Fosse69

Match Thread: LC1 Port Vale v Burton Albion

An opportunity to play football and build confidence? One thing is sure it will not be a repeat of the Brewers last LC away score, 9-0 at Man City. Always the chance of a Prem team in the next round. As for our team, Manny`s hamstring is  again a concern, maybe explore our forward options and rest Pope for Salford. Not an easy game, their No9 Broadhead bagged 2 goals in their away win at the Gills on Sat, I fancy a penalty shoot-out, any bodies guess then..

Agree, maybe rest Pope otherwise it’s as in previous seasons whereby Pope ends up playing 90 mins of every game and ends up burned out, he’s not getting any younger and needs to be rested a bit.Gives Cullen and Bennett more time to show what they can do.

• Like 1

Im sure Manny will be missing for this one so what do we do? Drop Worrall back, move Amoo to the right and bring Monty in? Personally I’d love to see our combinations down the wings in Gibbons/Worrall and Crooke/Amoo to remain and the someone else come in to centre mid or we go with a similar formation that finished the game yesterday. Will Pope and Legge be rested? I suspect they will. 

Thanks again.
Just out of interest how do you know this as the club website only gives prices for the match, and says f-all about which stands are open.

Purchased my tickets yesterday and the lady asked if I wanted to sit in the Lorne street or paddock.

4 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Purchased my tickets yesterday and the lady asked if I wanted to sit in the Lorne street or paddock.

Maybe they needed a ball boy if the paddock is closed. 

Its certainly an opportunity to make a couple of changes, Burgess/Lloyd for Oyeleke is the obvious one, as I for one would not want to break up partnerships down the flanks just yet, Worrall & Gibbons / Amoo & Crookes are playing well and still developing those partnerships so I'd like to see that continue. Maybe worth giving Mark Cullen a start and rest Tom Pope aswell, managing the amount of games that Tom has to play will be beneficial this year, given he's in the latter stages of his career.

Looking forward to seeing a good tie between one developing exciting team , and one very good, solid League One side.

• Like 4

Not hopeful of us progressing tonight , cant see Burton not being up for it with Clough in charge , think they are a decent league 1 team.

1 hour ago, valeblue said:

Not hopeful of us progressing tonight , cant see Burton not being up for it with Clough in charge , think they are a decent league 1 team.

Already beaten them once this season 

I'd given Cullen a start and rest Pope with Bennett getting half an hour up front later on in his natural position, and Burgess in for Manny.

I'd test Kennedy in a real game by starting him for Legge to see if he's up to it if he's needed in the league, and if he looks off the pace I'd be stepping up my hunt for another CB. I'm also wondering what Crookes would be like in his favoured CB position. If there are no CBs available Askey could have a look for a LB instead of a CB with a view to using Crookes as a covering CB, which would give him some real competition at LB too to aid his development.

Apparently Vale are a "small rundown L2 club" with a squad full of chancers, nobody of note "apart from TP"

Who do these nobodies from the NW counties league or wherever they've come from think they are? The Valiant function suite has a bigger capacity than their entire ground. 

StYu7aU.png