No cash at Colchester

Jacko51

Advert:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, geosname said:

Worldwide losses from card fraud rose to $21 billion in 2015, up from about $8 billion in 2010. By 2020, that number is expected to reach $31 billion

How much losses are incurred through counterfeit cash though? there are ways of getting your money back through credit or debit card fraud. Not so easy when you have counterfeit cash.

Advert:

As a rough guide......... £1,000.

Changed at Barclays = 34,200bht

Cash machine = 36,400bht + £20 bank charge uk

£50 notes = 37,300bht

Cash gives you about £60 extra to spend.

The best rate of exchange is for cash, wherever I've been.

If you want to lose money by using a card..... help yourself..... it's your money.

54 minutes ago, geosname said:

As a rough guide......... £1,000.

Changed at Barclays = 34,200bht

Cash machine = 36,400bht + £20 bank charge uk

£50 notes = 37,300bht

Cash gives you about £60 extra to spend.

The best rate of exchange is for cash, wherever I've been.

If you want to lose money by using a card..... help yourself..... it's your money.

So how do you get the cash to do the exchange?  I have a Halifax Clarity card that acts as a credit card abroad with no charges so is much better than carrying loads of cash around.

Advert:

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So how do you get the cash to do the exchange?  I have a Halifax Clarity card that acts as a credit card abroad with no charges so is much better than carrying loads of cash around.

I have bank accounts here. I get a better rate than drawing it from a UK bank by transfer, sometimes better than cash exchange because banks are slow to respond to fluctuations. If I'm in the UK I will make a withdrawal,  as long as I declare it at the airport it's no problem.

When the pound is low I buy GBP with BHT...... When the pound goes up I buy BHT with GBP...

I have ATM cards here but no other plastic at any Thai bank..... although they have tried on numerous occassions I refuse a credit card. I also have a holding account with my transfer company, which allows me to transfer £s to them to hold as £s or convert to any currency at any time, so as the money market fluctuates I can convert some or all they hold for me into any currency... ie £- €....... € - $ and so on until I want it forwarding in Tub.

48 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Do they charge you for drawing money abroad?..... does the machine or the bank who ownes the machine you are using charge?

2 minutes ago, Valiant1981 said:

I've been under the impression that having cash on the premesis adds a lot to insurance premiums.  I can imagine insurance isnt cheap at the vale.

May not be loads but if its the difference for a quality signing im all for it.

It doesnt seem to affect amazon.

Many years ago banks charged businesses for every line on their statement.

To avoid cash premiums, make deposits daily...... no cash overnight?

Advert:

On 03/08/2019 at 09:00, Wrex said:

The government doesn't like cash as it helps builders and small businesses avoid paying tax. Funnily enough the likes of Google and Amazon are 100% online and therefore cashless but the government is happy for them to pay zero tax. Maybe builders could club together and promise well paying jobs to and spend fat sums on 'hospitality' for politicians and top civil servants. Then suddenly we'd start becoming a cash only society.

Both Amazon and Google pay tax over here - not enough, admittedly, but they do pay it...but don't let mere facts get in the way of a dig at the Government! I will use cash as long as I'm able because a: it's too easy for the system to crash or be hacked, and the banks aren't exactly keen to refund money stolen / lost. b: there will always be someone who cannot use a card reader or similar device - see some very good points, above. And C : if it's what the banks want tht's the best reason for not doing it!

Archived