onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The manager

paulmogan

I like the 3 year deal. Shows the approach the club now works with.

This is a long-term project. This isn't trying a new fad every season and then aborting it once things go awry. It gives Askey stability, and the security to know he can build his squad looking at two seasons down the line.

Of course we all want to go up next year; whats nice is that our owners are willing to give Askey time to sort it out and build us up slowly.

I've been banging the drum that patience is key, but a 3 year deal for a manager (which we never saw under the previous chairman) shows the difference in approach.

Advert

Worrall signed new deal. Good news.

His form from March onwards was a revelation.

We move forwards not backwards, but i still can't help thinking something more went on with Aspin.

A poor Worrall was at least worthy of the bench.

Anyway that is history, great news.

We should be positive about the season to come this is great news. Hopefully plenty more to come our way during the weeks ahead.
Great. News, let's get those season ticket numbers up, if we all pull together we will succeed and achieve our goals, keep thinking positive and keep believing up the Vale

I like the 3 year deal. Shows the approach the club now works with.

This is a long-term project. This isn't trying a new fad every season and then aborting it once things go awry. It gives Askey stability, and the security to know he can build his squad looking at two seasons down the line.

Of course we all want to go up next year; whats nice is that our owners are willing to give Askey time to sort it out and build us up slowly.

I've been banging the drum that patience is key, but a 3 year deal for a manager (which we never saw under the previous chairman) shows the difference in approach.

Yes agree I also agree with the 3 years

Shall we all let the owners run the club,the manager buy his own players and pick the team and we has supporters just support the club,far too many negative know it alls around for my liking.excited and forever PVFC.

The reassuring thing is that, when we inevitably flounder in 10th-14th next season, and certain people kick off, the Shanahans will demonstrate a bit of long term thinking and provide the club with the stability it needs.

Shall we all let the owners run the club,the manager buy his own players and pick the team and we has supporters just support the club,far too many negative know it alls around for my liking.excited and forever PVFC.

There’s a novel philosophy!

In fairness I think there's no harm in fans being knowledgeable judges of long-term poor decision making (as they were, accurately and successfully, with the previous incumbent).

I agree with your point. Is anyone actually criticising anything bar the potential signing of Lloyd thought? Seems very positive at the present.

Let's also assume that the decisions they make will be for the good of the club, and not just their arse pockets?

3 years is decent, covers both parties, himself if we terminate the deal and us if he does well and a bigger club comes in for him.

Sign that longer term planning is in place rather than experiments or quick fixes of recent times.

You will never drive negativity out of some, its inbred, if you went to watch a game with an open mined, watching the contrabution of both teams and enjoying the game two sets of players putting there body's on the line for the club and there supporters, enjoy the wins, except even the best team lose, move on keep positive enjoy your day at Vale Park with family /friends and keep believing keep supporting the Vale, its your team and the club needs you, together we will succeed.

I think he will get the club to a competitive top end of the league position over the next couple of seasons. If he can increase the level of released / transferred and brings in good signings it could be sooner. I think it will be more difficult to get back to League 1 than in 2012/13. I perceive League 2 seems to have acquired some bigger clubs coming down, a mature club coming up in Orient and a project club coming up in Salford. Not easy.

I think he will get the club to a competitive top end of the league position over the next couple of seasons. If he can increase the level of released / transferred and brings in good signings it could be sooner. I think it will be more difficult to get back to League 1 than in 2012/13. I perceive League 2 seems to have acquired some bigger clubs coming down, a mature club coming up in Orient and a project club coming up in Salford. Not easy.

I take heart that our new owners seem to take as a mentor Accrington rather than Blackpool, and that we have a larger base/potential than Stanley.

Archived