onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Don’t really rate Joyce. I know he was good under askey but I saw more than enough under aspin that makes me worried

This sentence screams of someone that just wants to moan and be unhappy.

You know he was good under the new manager in his system, but he wasn’t great under someone who doesn’t manage him anymore in a system we won’t play anymore!!

Jesus wept!!!!!

I agree with your numbers just not positions For me:

Back up Keeper - Absolutely

LB - I think we should be OK with Crookes, Lloyd and Monty back-ups.

RB is a big gap in the squad. Gibbo would be my 1st choice but certainly need cover/competion.

Another winger for competition with Worrall and Monty

Striker

Attacking midfielder who can create. I think this is the biggest gap in our squad.

I think Joyce is Mr Reliable to play 40+ games barring a serious injury and think its the kind of role Conlon could perform as cover. Manny is the one where we have the risk in my opinion.

Crookes, Montano and Lloyd aren't left backs!

Round pegs in round holes please!

Yes but mainly as Macclesfield in non league.

Ernie where you living on a parallel universe last season? A manager with nearly 350 games mainly at non league Macclesfield who turned Vale from relegation certainties to comfortably staying up with the players he inherited which included loan players who could barely get into the reserve team.

Give the guy a break and change the record - he knows what he's doing.

I like Joyce when he's on the ball as he keeps it moving and intelligently finds space in front of the back four.

Where he isn't as good as a Grant/Griffith is when he hasn't got the ball and has to win headers and tackles to get it back. He isn't as physical, and that's why Kay played a few games. So I'm not sure if the balance of the midfield is right. But who knows who will start off in August?

When Joyce has done well in his career is as part of a central 3 in midfield ... 352 or 433. Not sure he has the skills to play 442. Picks the ball up well and moves it on quickly but can't ping 40 yard passes. Fills in the holes other players leaving by pushing forward pretty well. Not a big tackler but gets a fair few interceptions because he gets in a position to do that. He's one of those players who makes others look good when he's being effective. He makes a midfield 2 quite easy to defend against because you know the other player is going to be making any forward runs. Decent player in the right system, very average in the wrong one for him.

When Joyce has done well in his career is as part of a central 3 in midfield ... 352 or 433. Not sure he has the skills to play 442. Picks the ball up well and moves it on quickly but can't ping 40 yard passes. Fills in the holes other players leaving by pushing forward pretty well. Not a big tackler but gets a fair few interceptions because he gets in a position to do that. He's one of those players who makes others look good when he's being effective. He makes a midfield 2 quite easy to defend against because you know the other player is going to be making any forward runs. Decent player in the right system, very average in the wrong one for him.

Think this was evident for last season. First half of the season I was very disappointed with him. Second half was a huge improvement, still not great but more like the player I thought we were getting. In the right line up could be a very important player for us next season.

This sentence screams of someone that just wants to moan and be unhappy.

You know he was good under the new manager in his system, but he wasn’t great under someone who doesn’t manage him anymore in a system we won’t play anymore!!

Jesus wept!!!!!

You really do post some absalute tripe.

How does that indicate that I enjoy moaning and be unhappy?

I would like is to sign someone to compete or start over Joyce because I’m not convinced. I don’t see what is so negative about that. I saw him more than enough and saw some real shockers, much better under askey but that dosent automatically make him a world beater. I think you forget just how bad we were again last season.

Didn't Macc have a budget then??

Yes about a third of Vales so he had to sign non league including players like Ryan Lloyd.

All the new players signed so far are squad players who mostly won’t be playing

regularly in the first team.

I include Richie Bennett in those because I expect Pope will play up front most games.

The existing players narrowly missed going down last season so we need first team players to improve the team.

The teams relegated from Div 1 will be strong and the teams coming up will be better than the teams that have gone down.

We will probably sign 3 or 4 new players including a reserve goalkeeper,right back,box to box midfielder and a pacy forward plus Ryan Lloyd.

Hopefully we can get a couple of decent loan signings although Askey doesn’t seem to want to play them.

You really do post some absalute tripe.

How does that indicate that I enjoy moaning and be unhappy?

I would like is to sign someone to compete or start over Joyce because I’m not convinced. I don’t see what is so negative about that. I saw him more than enough and saw some real shockers, much better under askey but that dosent automatically make him a world beater. I think you forget just how bad we were again last season.

Because your logic was as follows:

1. He was good in the system we now play for a manager he now plays for.

2. He wasn’t good in a system we no longer play under a manager he no longer plays for.

Your conclusion was: he’s not good enough.

THAT is what’s negative about what you said. And the fact that you can’t see it supports what I’m saying.

The squad isn’t too bad but the most expensive attacking areas of the squad need the most investment. I think as is given Askey’s latter season efforts over the course of next season we would see an improvement over last season.

I think the big question is can we afford to invest in those expensive areas that may move us from being mid table to a playoff contender?

The squad isn’t too bad but the most expensive attacking areas of the squad need the most investment. I think as is given Askey’s latter season efforts over the course of next season we would see an improvement over last season.

I think the big question is can we afford to invest in those expensive areas that may move us from being mid table to a playoff contender?

The key word there is “afford”...carol and Levin have quite rightly stated that they won’t over extend the club. Something I 100% agree with.

I don’t want us to do a bury and put the future of the club in jeopardy.

Anyone who hasn’t had a chance to listen to their interview with Leek TV should do so.

It’s a great listen and they make the point that we all have do do what we can to make the club successful. It sounds like Norman sucked every penny out of the operations and it will take a LONG time to fix.

Part of that is I think giving the squad and manager time to calmly settle things down and build incrementally.

It’s one of the reasons peoples negative attitudes do my head on on here. It’s doesn't help anyone other than feed their own ego. We need to be supportive as well as supporters!

UTV

https://m.facebook.com/592587837539726/posts/1627099914088508?s=526793615&v=e&sfns=mo

Because your logic was as follows:

1. He was good in the system we now play for a manager he now plays for.

2. He wasn’t good in a system we no longer play under a manager he no longer plays for.

Your conclusion was: he’s not good enough.

THAT is what’s negative about what you said. And the fact that you can’t see it supports what I’m saying.

It really dosent but nevermind.

It really dosent but nevermind.

It’s often hard to see your own traits ... I’m overly positive and supportive to a fault sometimes. But I know it... my old man laughs at me all the time for it.

Your posts come across as very negative. You may see it, you may not, in sure you don’t care of my view... but that’s how you come across.

You split a players season in two. You admitted he was good in the second part. But your natural trait was to focus on the first part of the season. That’s fine apart from the fact that those conditions don’t exist any more. The only conditions that now exist are the ones in which you said he was good.

Negative.

It’s often hard to see your own traits ... I’m overly positive and supportive to a fault sometimes. But I know it... my old man laughs at me all the time for it.

Your posts come across as very negative. You may see it, you may not, in sure you don’t care of my view... but that’s how you come across.

You split a players season in two. You admitted he was good in the second part. But your natural trait was to focus on the first part of the season. That’s fine apart from the fact that those conditions don’t exist any more. The only conditions that now exist are the ones in which you said he was good.

Negative.

I don’t think negative. I think given how bad we were last season that’s a natural view. The reason they may come across as negative is because we need some players who will actually be in the first team, it just feels like we’re making similar mistakes to previous seasons and signing players who may not feature too often. I see askey has commented today that he expects 3 more signings after Lloyd and the striker, again is that enough? He’s said a keeper, right back and right mid so for certain the keeper is back up. I would say that we going by this will have signed 3 first team players, the new RM, new striker (hopefully Cullen) and then crookes. That just doesn’t seem enough given how poor we were.

Of course I care of other views that’s the whole point of a forum.

With Joyce I saw him in many more games under aspin than askey and what i saw wasn’t exactly impressive. So not an equal split as you say. He looked better under askey but with how poor he was earlier in the season I’m worried that he isn’t going to be a consistent performer this season. Again I think some are forgetting just how bad we were last season and Joyce in particular until the last 10 or so games. I still think we need another centre mid who will be a first team player. Conlon was ok in parts, manny excellent but injury prone and obviously Joyce for me I’m not 100% convinced. I’d like to see another midfielder brought in to at least compete with the likes of Joyce for a starting place. I agree re the conditions but when you’ve seen a player be as poor as I thought he was it take a little longer to change my overall view on him.

Again this isnt meant to come across as negative.

Archived