onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Yeah that's how I saw it too.

I'm pretty sure Lloyd won't be announced in his own, as the social media comments would be in overdrive.

I'd say he will be announced in a double deal, possibly with an exciting striker.

Yep, just as I thought.

I like the signing of Cullen, the 1 year deal probably shows we're not sure if he's over his injury troubles yet.

Advert

Cullen signs! Cracking little signing that!

Agreed,very good at this level...Luton and Blackpool fans(those who have all seen him) say he is too good for League 2 and a class act,so well done on this and I will even back Lloyd now its official,a local lad who speaking to a Macc fan said Askey got the best out of him and he was a stand out midfielder for them BUT had quite a few injuries,i guess they both need to prove their fitness hence the 1yr deals.....Now as I say add Durrell or Amoo and I think we have done ok in the transfer window,better than usual

We've got to be pleased, adding Cullen and Bennett to the ranks. Better choice now than we had last season.

Hopefully Cullen will do well. And possibly a fast winger to come. Things are looking up.

Most interesting of all will be to see how the team is set up and how we play after a full pre-season under Askey.

He changed the style of play last year, got us fitter and more energetic, and some players really bought into that when it appeared under Aspin that they were on their way out and/or not doing much to warrant staying here. Worrall comes immediately to mind. Conlon too. Maybe Askey can do the same with others, like Lloyd. Up front now that's about the best we've had for 3 years.

Tbf Miller hasn't set vale alight so if it allows us to bring in another(say pacy winger) then no real loss

No I agree. Cullen is a class signing so I can’t see miller being used this season. I’d be happy to see him leave if it allows us to bring in say amoo and Durrell?

Competition up front. Equipped to play 433 now. I would persist with Miller. He is different and has a good goals ratio at National League level. Last season we were so poor in approach play for most of the season it is difficult to judge how good he could be - when fully fit and focused. However, Askey will know best about the potential level of application. I would count Montano as an attacking option as well, if he starts dribbling in the final third as opposed to left back.

Great to see Lloyd signing. Knows the club, hardworking and can play anywhere left side. Now for Doddsy and it’s been a good day.

Cullen a brilliant signing.Shame they had wait until he signed before announcing the Lloyd signing.Obviously waited until I bought my season ticket today before announcing Lloyd had signed.

That will put a dampener on season ticket sales.

He can replace Dangerous Dodds as tea boy.

Good news is that the guy in the ticket office said they had now sold 2700 season tickets a lot of which were new customers.

EMR why don't you just Foxtrot Oscar you absolute pipe. I silently sit in the background reading great views of regulars & get excited for new signings, then your name pops up on every other comment talking *****, why haven't you been banned yet you WUM?

Archived