onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club release statement over Worrall disallowed goal

pvfc_loyal

No one else seems to have commented. The goal that Cheltenham scored on Saturday was a blatant foul. One of their players had his arms wrapped round Nathan Smith, clear to see for all, and that was a deliberate action to stop him running to intercept the short pass from the corner that went to Luke Varney. This was clearly a training ground rehearsal, where the holding of the defender who could intercept the ball was part of their plan. I am astonished that the referee or his assistant did not spot it and give it. That does not excuse Adam Crookes leaving Varney unmarked to allow him to score, that was poor defending.

Whilst it seems that we would not have deserved it, competent officials would have seen us win 1-0 on Saturday.

I have never been one to dwell too much on decisions, referees make mistakes. I have always been of the view that over the course of a season they even themselves out. However this season, we seem to be on the wrong end of far too many game changing decisions. That would not be the reason for us being relegated, if we are. However, competent officials would have seen us in a much better position than we are at present. We might even have had a FA Cup run, we would certainly have had a good chance of earning some more money if that penalty when Luke Hannant was felled had been given.

I seem to recall that Neil Aspin said early in the season that he had received three letters from referees admitting their mistakes. He, rightly, made the point that letters of apology make no difference at all to mitigate the harm done.There have been more incidents since then.

The only poor decision that has been to a small degree mitigated was the reversal of the red card for James Gibbons against Newport. However, imagine if Newport had scored in those 10 minutes or so when we had been down to 10 men.

We will not be the only team that suffers, but we seem to be on a particularly unlucky run with all this. I am not sure what else the club can do. Poor decisions are part of football but they hurt. I still feel so utterly miserable about Diego Maradon's cheating hand of God goal that so unfairly took England out of the World Cup. Hey that was 33 years ago, I must get over it :)

Advert

Whether it’s a correct statement or not is neither here nor there.

What’s it going to achieve?

Yet again the club are quick to blame everyone else, when not one of them inside the place can stand up and accept responsibility for where we are.

Spot on mate, although the Lincoln one was massive, if we;d been awarded that we might have come back to force extra time in a 4-4 thriller.

Now made Sky Sports News.

Absolute laughing stock, i'd imagine all 91 clubs are really understanding !!!

Sounds like something Arsene Wenger would do or Benitez when he lost the plot that time.

If anything this could now work against us as referees i'd imagine stick together like glue.

Truly amateurish and clutching at straws.

Now made Sky Sports News.

Absolute laughing stock, i'd imagine all 91 clubs are really understanding !!!

Sounds like something Arsene Wenger would do or Benitez when he lost the plot that time.

If anything this could now work against us as referees i'd imagine stick together like glue.

Truly amateurish and clutching at straws.

Why,it's fact and highlights the incompetence of League Two officials?

Why,it's fact and highlights the incompetence of League Two officials?

Because the fact we are 90th in the Football League has nothing to do with officials. It is a joke and to be honest cringeworthy.

I get the fact decisions have gone against us and probably haven't evened themselves out.

Stoke fans i know blamed refs, Dean and Atkinson in particular. Seemed to forget Stoke were garbage and relegated on merit.

If we go down it is because of our pathetic whimpering gutless displays like that i witnessed on Saturday at Cheltenham.

Every single club even Man City will have hard luck stories.

Put it simply the harder you work the luckier you get.

No co-incidence that teams like Norwich and Lincoln score umpteen late winners.

Put the effort in and the luckier we'll become.

Archived