onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Mysteries

Bede

Advert

One of Gormans gambles hoping for another Hugill but Liverpool paid Crewe 300k to sign him .Done well at Leek as classy ball playing midfielder so could come good.

It will be good to see an end to the "useless now but may be worth money later" signings now the manager rather than the owner decides about player recruitment.

Trickett-Smith clearly has something about him. Shame we allowed him to go straight back on loan at Leek, maybe time was a factor. Would have been more of a test to see him in the National League somewhere and then evaluated him this summer. Pointless completing the deal in January

Trickett-Smith clearly has something about him. Shame we allowed him to go straight back on loan at Leek, maybe time was a factor. Would have been more of a test to see him in the National League somewhere and then evaluated him this summer. Pointless completing the deal in January

It was part of the deal that brought him to us. He has been training with us but playing for them. There was no way his fitness would be high enough to play for us this season, so it was a good compromise where he improves his fitness and gets game time with a local team hes settled in.

I know people who play with him, and also played with other vale players like gibbons. They say he is a different class. Was saying that he was going in to bigger things months before vale came into sign him. I nearly mentioned him a few times here but thought better of it.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see one of Norman’s gambles pay off for once when he can’t profit from it. There would be a nice kind of justice about that.

It was part of the deal that brought him to us. He has been training with us but playing for them. There was no way his fitness would be high enough to play for us this season, so it was a good compromise where he improves his fitness and gets game time with a local team hes settled in.

I know people who play with him, and also played with other vale players like gibbons. They say he is a different class. Was saying that he was going in to bigger things months before vale came into sign him. I nearly mentioned him a few times here but thought better of it.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see one of Norman’s gambles pay off for once when he can’t profit from it. There would be a nice kind of justice about that.

He'll be turning 24 at the start of the season and we're expecting him to make the leap through four divisions?

Andy, youve heard totally different to what ive heard about him from people at the club. We shall see then if like you say Askey likes him then he will be involved with the team wont he..

Andy, youve heard totally different to what ive heard about him from people at the club. We shall see then if like you say Askey likes him then he will be involved with the team wont he..

We’ll see, either way it won’t break the bank. But it has come from the most senior players in the team. At least give him a chance. If he doesn’t make the squad then so be it.

Unacceptable comments H.’Mon ‘Well !!!!:wink:

It goes back a long way.

I was on holiday in Scotland in 1976 and on a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow. I was reading a Scottish paper I'd bought at the station and saw that Motherwell had spent over £1m on players. I thought I'd follow their results for a while to see how they got on; 43 years later I'm still doing it.

That and being a Vale fan as well must mean something. Probably that I'm somehow damaged and/or certifiable.

Archived