onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Which clubs do you dislike and why?

mr.hobblesworth

To save me writing a long list I'll just say that I dislike every team in league because they have all beaten us at some time.

Other than Sjoke I particularly dislke West Brom for the way their fans took the p**s when they beat us in the League play offs after we finished miles in front of them in the league table and did the double them. No class the bouncing barstewards ( I hope that they win tomorrow though!!!!)

Advert

Why Spurs as opposed to Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham?

West Ham are in my list. Chelsea I just ignore. I enjoyed watching Arsenal before Wenger lost his mojo - especially the way Sjoke used to get so wound up by them!! Spurs fans are unpleasant and their stewards are vile.

I stopped hating Stoke for a while but since coming back to their level I really hate them again.

Crewe for their cover-up and their fans disrespecting the vale. I was there when they got promoted at Cardiff all those years ago supporting them, thats all been forgotten by them now.

Man City for the glory hunting apathetic supporters.

Liverpool for self-entitled fans. Ill still not forgive Michael Owen for that dive over Sagi Burton's leg.

Hartlepool and Swindon for their draw a few years back.

MK Dons for obvious reasons

Clubs I quite like - Fulham, Accrington, Peterborough, Salford (local team these days), Newcastle, Plymouth (wife's local club), Portsmouth, Sunderland, Tottenham, Derby.

Any club who charge more for admission on the day than if bought in advance. There's absolutely no valid reason for doing this, and on several occasions when I've fancied going to an away game at the last minute it's this that has put me off.

Take it you're not going to Cambridge then Smithie :smile:? Went to the Abbey today to get our tickets only to be told 'sorry mate, nowt doing today, try again tomorrow. Can't tell you how much it'll be except it's two quid more on the day'. User-friendly, eh?

And the clubs I loathe are, in no particular order:

1. West Ham, who gave me my first taste of football violence in 1972 when they invaded the Bycars, forcing us to jump into the Lorne Street to avoid a good beating. Then they survived relegation from the Premier by fielding an ineligible player (Tevez)and laughed all the way to the bank as the FA/Prem League (whichever it was) let them off the hook at the expense of the Blades, who've never made it back. Then they get a virtually free ground at the taxpayers' expense by moving for nowt (or next to nowt) into the London Stadium. The only consolation is their fans hate it.

2. MK Franchise, for all the usual reasons, another example of spineless behaviour by our so-called football authorities.

3. Leeds, still up to their usual dirty tricks by sending scouts to hide in the bushes and spy on their rivals, not to mention their rugby-style tactics on the pitch. They'll get off too - and all because neither the FA or EFL have a pair between them.

I used to dislike Walsall as well. They once ruined my Boxing Day at Vale Park when John Woodward scored the winner after they'd been reduced to ten men, not to mention the decades we went without beating them, until Micky came along. But then I played footy alongside a Walsall supporter who was a real nice fellah and the only other supporter of a lower-league side in the team. They didn't seem so bad after that!

1:Sjoke City...why?...because they're Sjoke City!

2: Crwho...why?...how's that internal inquiry into your paedophiles going? Also, the diving and cheating that has gone on with them for decades!

3: Man Ure...why?...perpetual hypocrites when they weren't winning the League for 20-odd years; perpetual smugfaces when they were! Because...Fergie time and the number of points they didn't deserve! Because Chief Diver Ronaldo! Because the "comeback" winning goal for Champions Lge shouldn't have been given! because...because!

4: 1970's Leeds Utd Old Cynicals and dirty ********! (although Tony Yeboah and Lucas Radebe diluted this a bit - loved watching these 2!)

5: Millwall

6: Everton...medium-sized club with pretensions of grandeur!

7: Birmingham...so...so many reasons! - Man Ure in blue shirts!

8:

The two teams I have hated the most over the years have been Walsall and Stoke, so imagine what I felt like when playing football and a team from Walsall turned up and played in red and white stripes. The only reason I didn`t get sent off is that the ref was a fellow Vale fan who let me get away with loads whilst telling them to "get up son its a mans game".

Liverpool.... cannot stand them. Principally because of this YNWA crap but because it’s also right what United fans sing at them...”you’re always the victims, it’s never your fault”.

Everton.... a club that seems to exist for the sake of it. Will never go down, never win anything yet there fans somehow think they are entitled. And just to prove what a ‘big deal’they are they do really ridiculous transfer business like £50m for Richardson. Nice.

Birmingham.... what is that utterly dreadful song their fans sing all about?? Basically white noise.

Archived