onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey appointed as manager until the end of the season

mr.hobblesworth

It will be interesting to see how he sets us up in his first game. Anybody have any idea what his preferred system is? I know he likes to play attacking football but aren’t sure what formations and tactics he uses.

Sentinel article interviewed the Shrewsbury local reporter and he said that Askey preferred 4-3-3 with wingers.......good luck on that one with Aspin's squad! (no natural wingers, just Hannant/Whitfield/Worrall shunted out wide - at least it might mean that Askey picks Whitfield and/or Worrall).

Advert

The advantage we’ve got is that Askey has watched us quite a few times this season so he must already have an idea what he’s going to do.

It will be interesting to see how he sets us up in his first game. Anybody have any idea what his preferred system is? I know he likes to play attacking football but aren’t sure what formations and tactics he uses.

Saw on the sentinel earlier that he favoured 4-4-3 at Shrews but occasionally went 4-4-2 with wingers.

Good luck to him and I hope it works out good for PVFC and Askey.But basically he is between a rock and a hard place.His priority will be to save us from the drop and to stay in this league.He will have a chance to assess the squad he has inherited.But at the end of the season IF he keeps Vale in League 2 will he be kept on and if so will he be backed financially to get in the players needed to improve this squad?IF it goes even more pear shaped and we drop out of this league we will be in an even bigger mess.This will probably be part of the agreement but was it instigating by Askey or Smurthwaite?Askey will be under a lot of pressure,Needs to get to know his new players fast.Needs to decide what formation and tactics he is going to play with his new squad.Then he needs to get them to play how he wants them to play.A difficult task to accomplish in a very short space of time and also in that time he has got to get the players to believe in him plus he needs to rebuild the players confidence.Good luck to him as he will need it.

Of course he was, pleading to the media, it’s a dream job for him even though he is a Stokie.

It’s another poor appointment but you have to support him as we support the club.

Even though he's a Stokie ? Whats that got to do with it ?

Of course he was, pleading to the media, it’s a dream job for him even though he is a Stokie.

It’s another poor appointment but you have to support him as we support the club.

We don't know if it's a poor appointment yet . It just might be the best appointment we've had since rudge? I might be wrong but didnt JR have zero experience as a manager when he took over. Out of the realistic potential appointments, I'm glad its askey that got the job.

Why doesn't everyone just ignore the attention seeking gimp? He might do us a favour and **** off again for another year. You'd think after having such an apparently terrible year (although like I said, karma) he might come back as a slightly better person but he's the same unpleasant trolling shtbag that he's always been.

Why doesn't everyone just ignore the attention seeking gimp? He might do us a favour and **** off again for another year. You'd think after having such an apparently terrible year (although like I said, karma) he might come back as a slightly better person but he's the same unpleasant trolling shtbag that he's always been.

Who, Smur..... OH yeah. He’s a good ref though , and I’d love to have stepped out at Fylde’s lovely ground. Maybe he did have a horrible year. That I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Up the Vale 👍

The advantage we’ve got is that Askey has watched us quite a few times this season so he must already have an idea what he’s going to do.

Apparently he likes his teams to have a lot of width in a 4-3-3 system

Apparently he likes his teams to have a lot of width in a 4-3-3 system

Logically looking at the personnel he’s going to have to play 3-4-3 or 3-4-2 and create width from his wing backs.

My Shrews supporting mate said his teams bored them to death through lack of attacking prowess and negative tactics, then again he’s a god at Macc so who knows.

Always got to judge what someone does when they are at Vale ultimately.

Archived