onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey appointed as manager until the end of the season

mr.hobblesworth

How dare you think that, what a low life you are, I don’t care what’s happened to you in life or your experiences you are scum WUM, and another thing grim REaPer

Get of here having opinions you should be banned BANNED.

Sorry that’s OVF for not sure i totally agree, Micky wasn’t so successful on the Wirral or in his second spell here.

How many consistent successful managers are there if any, how random are these people being good at one club and rubbish at another.

Sting is no expert but suspects there is a strong case to be made for you being prescribed some medication.

God speed. Peace and love.

Advert

I can’t believe people think we will go down. We are effectively 7 points clear (goal difference) and with a game in hand.

Not my choice at all, has the makings of another appointment failure similar to the last 4 but at least it’s only until the end of the season.

Good luck Askey and Kevin.

I had a ton of people arguing with me in January 2017 about this when I said we'd go down from L1.

"We'll be fine"

"There are worse teams that us"

"There are xxx amount of points left to play for"

We got relegated.

This team doesn't have goals in it. We're relying on 35 year olds and kids.

We are in trouble, make now mistake about that.

I just hope Askey can deliver. If we can string back to back wins together early I'll feel a lot better!

I had a ton of people arguing with me in January 2017 about this when I said we'd go down from L1.

"We'll be fine"

We got relegated.

I just hope Askey can deliver. If we can string back to back wins together early I'll feel a lot better!

It depends on the reason for the lack of goals... is it the lack of quality or the way we have set up under Aspin?

Big few games coming up, as you say a couple of wins certainly in the next 3 would go a long way to taking the pressure off. Morecambe have Bury then us so if we can beat Morecambe and they lose to Bury we are 7 clear of them + Whatever we may get on Saturday at Cambridge so could be 10 clear with 2 straight wins which would then be a huge gap at this stage.

"We'll be fine"

We got relegated.

I remember having the same discussions with the three guys that sat in front of me when Brown took over in Jan 17, took absolutely no pleasure in being right on that occasion but will if I am this time around as I’m certain we can’t keep underperforming.

We can then rebuild again and hopefully find an experienced league manager in the summer.

The consensus amongst Macclesfield and Shrewsbury fans is that Askey plays "defensive football with wingers".

Aspin despised wingers so we may need to look into the free transfer market?

Our squad is huge again without any more purchases! Will we ever learn?

Only if we get an experienced league manager who backs his own judgement rather than these chancers or non-league managers that don’t and panic and choose quantity over quality. It’s always the way to go in most walks of life.

"We'll be fine"

Indeed - remember the repeatedly deluded "Relegation my arse" ?!

Followed the season after by "we are staying up at a canter".......by 1 point in the end!

There are some clueless, blinkered people around.

This he is a Stokie stuff is a myth.....

How do we know its a poor appointment when he has barely even finished his first training session?!

If he wins say 7 or 8 games until the end of the season is he then still a poor appointment? You can only judge a manager on his time here.

For me it’s a good appointment. I saw macc play last season and was very impressed. They’re chairman loved him and couldn’t praise him enough. Plays youth and decent football and got a side with literally no budget promoted. Struggled at Shrewsbury but they lost a lot of players and let’s be honest massively over performed last season. Hope he impresses and we finally have someone to take the side forward.

Archived