onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

phizz

There have been so many opportunities to wipe the slate clean. Every time, without fail, he chooses the cheap option and the club drops further. He's just had another, final chance to learn from his mistakes and right his many many wrongs. He failed. Again. We needed a proven goalscorer. He failed. We needed decisive action at the beginning of Jan, either back Aspin, or sack him. He failed. We needed an immediate replacement for Aspin. He's failed.

How further do we have to drop, before it gets through to people, he just isn't very good. He's damaging the club with every decision he makes.

so how are you going to get rid of him with out further damage ?

Advert

It's saddening to see Phizz is so readily accepting of such a poor standard of owner, eager to brush all the bullshlt and lies and his 100% incompatibility with football ("Micky here's a reduced contract but please help me I don't know how to run a football club", offering pathetic contract terms to a fake Izale McCleod account through a Twitter message, it's endless, I could put out a narrated timeline of about 3 million of these bumbling, embarrassing actions) under the carpet if his Stockholm syndrome captor brushes some crumbs off the table towards him, how we are fast becoming a joke in the game with the insiders, when traditionally 'lesser' clubs than us enjoy far more success under competent management, Burton in the Championship ffs.

It's heartening to see so many disagree with him on here and how the anti-Gorm movement on social media is growing exponentially.

The main problem we have with the owner is the difference between what he says and what he does.

He said running the club would be easier than running Stoke Audi - not it isn't.

He said he had the cash to take us to the Championship - we have gone in the other direction.

He said we had £400,000 to invest in January - we've spent sixpence.

He said following Page's departure that we had a number of outstanding managerial candidates after the job - he appointed Bruno.

He told the Sentinel on 30 Sept 2017 that Neil Aspin was not in line for the Vale job - he appointed him 4 days later.

He told the SC meeting that he had never met John Askey and had no idea who he was - Askey's family had a different story.

He said I was a liar for saying he had £200,000 in exclusivity payments - he told me in an email he had.

I very much doubt our owner can lie straight in bed. Being nice to him will not change that.

Brilliant summary

It's saddening to see Phizz is so readily accepting of such a poor standard of owner, eager to brush all the bullshlt and lies and his 100% incompatibility with football ("Micky here's a reduced contract but please help me I don't know how to run a football club", offering pathetic contract terms to a fake Izale McCleod account through a Twitter message, it's endless, I could put out a narrated timeline of about 3 million of these bumbling, embarrassing actions) under the carpet if his Stockholm syndrome captor brushes some crumbs off the table towards him, how we are fast becoming a joke in the game with the insiders, when traditionally 'lesser' clubs than us enjoy far more success under competent management, Burton in the Championship ffs.

It's heartening to see so many disagree with him on here and how the anti-Gorm movement on social media is growing exponentially.

Do people actually read the OP or any others, not here to defend, just a alternative view, how are you getting rid? Can’t see how you can without further damage.

Why should we bow down to Smurthwaite?

He has continually under invested in the club and we are in a downward spiral.Each season over the last 3 years we have declined to lower levels than before.

He has received a lot of money from player sales and cup games which hasn’t been put back into the club.

All the ridicule and abuse he receives is self inflicted and deserved as he has forced even normally sensible fans to despise him with his incompetent running of the club.

He is not interested in Port Vale except what he can make out of it and taking as much as he possibly can out of the club he can squirrel away without attention.

The only thing that rattles him is if the fans publicly protest against him and make it uncomfortable for him when he enjoys the hospitality at matches and can lord it over us.

If he gets any abuse he goes crying to the police saying how naughty the fans are treating him.

If he wants to stop it then he can sell the club for a reasonable price to someone who can do a better job and has Port Vale at heart.

But he will carry on milking the club while he can until all the Hugill money is in and he has screwed us for as much as he possibly can.

He treats us like idiots and gets his enjoyment by feeding us scraps which he hopes will keep us off his back.

The main problem we have with the owner is the difference between what he says and what he does.

He said running the club would be easier than running Stoke Audi - not it isn't.

He said he had the cash to take us to the Championship - we have gone in the other direction.

He said following Page's departure that we had a number of outstanding managerial candidates after the job - he appointed Bruno.

He told the Sentinel on 30 Sept 2017 that Neil Aspin was not in line for the Vale job - he appointed him 4 days later.

He told the SC meeting that he had never met John Askey and had no idea who he was - Askey's family had a different story.

He said I was a liar for saying he had £200,000 in exclusivity payments - he told me in an email he had.

I very much doubt our owner can lie straight in bed. Being nice to him will not change that.

You might be right but how do you do that, everyone that’s not happy could not attend, but then would that finnish the club ?cant afford another admin I would suggest

Admin would be dangerous.But are not most of the club’s debts to the man himself?

Do people actually read the OP or any others, not here to defend, just a alternative view, how are you getting rid? Can’t see how you can without further damage.

This is clearly the issue, phizz. The owner claims he is owed oodles of cash in directors loans because he has had to subsidize the club. He has claimed on a number of occasions that the club is losing money year on year. He has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't know how to run a football club. He has said he and his family are getting constant abuse from supporters. Why oh why does he want to stay if things are so bad? Why does he not just sell to one of the interested parties? Do you know the answer?

Most of the damage to the club is being done by just one man.

not here to defend, just a alternative view, how are you getting rid? Can’t see how you can without further damage.

"You", not "we". Sure you're not defending him? I can see the point you're making but answer this - should Synectics pop up in the Sentinel tomorrow confirming interest at the right, realistic price, would you support his removal?

Archived