onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - FAC1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Advert

Why did he have to say anything like this though? It would have been enough to say the TV money will be very welcome - that's all. Instead he makes a negative out of a positive. He also referred to us as a "little club" which is absolutely NOT the sort of thing a League club chairman should be saying.

Compared to a club one league above who average 30,000 fans at home I suppose we are aren't we?

Norm said the Hugill money would 'fund the shortfall' in the club.

Norm says the Sunderland revenue will 'pay half of November's wages'.

If the shortfall has been plugged, Mr Chairman, why on earth does this wedge need to go to the wage bill?

People need to face facts; he's either running a shambolic operation that is haemorrhaging money on a month-by-month basis (despite record revenues from player sales), or he is lying, or both.

Its a shame the clown had to open his mouth and put a dampener on a positive day, and what should have been a fairly exciting time with the Jan window coming and money going into the club left right and centre.

(Also does anyone actually believe there was only 1600 Mackems?)

The Hamil end holds 4500 supporters!!!

There would have been a massive health and safety issue if you were to squeeze nearly another 3000 fans in there!!

They might have forgotten to count the pay on the day Sunderland supporters and the money might be in Billy Bells biscuit tin

Why did he have to say anything like this though? It would have been enough to say the TV money will be very welcome - that's all. Instead he makes a negative out of a positive. He also referred to us as a "little club" which is absolutely NOT the sort of thing a League club chairman should be saying.

Especially when the club is supposed to be up for sale and looking gor a new owner!!!!

Slightly off topic, but remarkably Sunderland took 1569 to Morecambe last night for the Paint Pot.

Which given the fact we haven't played them in years and are unlikely to play them again for years, asks the question why so ' few' came to Vale on Sunday.

It is 80 miles closer and wasn't on telly i guess but it was a Tuesday night and i'm not convinced it was new ground factor as a lot of Sunderland fans won't have been to Vale before.

I do hope the biscuit tin hasn't returned in a new guise.

Then again if Sunderland brought 15'000 fans not a single penny would be invested in our squad would it .

Slightly off topic, but remarkably Sunderland took 1569 to Morecambe last night for the Paint Pot.

Which given the fact we haven't played them in years and are unlikely to play them again for years, asks the question why so ' few' came to Vale on Sunday.

It is 80 miles closer and wasn't on telly i guess but it was a Tuesday night and i'm not convinced it was new ground factor as a lot of Sunderland fans won't have been to Vale before.

I do hope the biscuit tin hasn't returned in a new guise.

Then again if Sunderland brought 15'000 fans not a single penny would be invested in our squad would it .

There was at least 1000 more Mackems than the number officially stated.

There was at least 1000 more Mackems than the number officially stated.

I felt there was a lot more myself Conrad. But surely in this modern era this sort of thing can't go on ?

Got H & S factors if there was an incident, fire etc ( god forbid ) . Just seems so 1980's and 90's to fabricate attendances ?

If the actual attendance matched the number of clicks through the turnstiles many Premier League clubs would show far smaller attendance figures than they actually declare.

Loads of clubs announce tickets sold not actual attendance. So every ST holder is included whether they are there or not.

Archived