onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Notts County

Fosse69

Guest TommyMac
Looks like you saw the same game as me Karl.You can tell who didn’t go on here.Vale battered them.

Totally deserved to win but if that standard of football entertains you....

Advert

Exciting game, decent performance. Difficult choice for motm with Conlon and Whitfield in there despite being subbed. Some bizarre comments on here that can only be from people who didn’t see the game.

My only crticism would be that the substitutions upset our rhythm a bit.

Hard to believe we didn't win that. We pressed for much of the match and with a bit of luck and better finishing we could have had a hatful. Think other than their two goals that Brown didn't have another save to make. Some great battling and pressing from the lads and they had to abandon playing from the back.

Quite a few round me couldn't understand the substitutions. No argument with Miller/Conlon sub but why was Whitfield then dropped into midfield, then himself subbed for The Invisible Man? We lost a lot of our attacking effort, plus we then conceded from a set piece. Lucky to equalise IMO.

A really entertaining game which could have gone either way even though we had the best chances when Vassell and Miller should both have scored. Not sure why you thought we were lucky to equalise Mel as just before their second goal, we were having the best of it. The one thing that mystifies me each week is our inability to find our own players consistently while other teams don’t seem to find it a problem. Other teams seem to pass the ball around where we still have a lot of hit and hope. But overall, really enjoyed the game, just a shame we missed those couple of golden opportunities.

I wouldn’t have gone Miller for Conlon myself. Conlon was causing them all sorts of problems and taking mainly decent set pieces. We lost our shape for a bit after that. I guess people would have been complaining about negativity if he hadn’t brought Miller on but I think we might have won without the substitutions.

I wouldn’t have gone Miller for Conlon myself. Conlon was causing them all sorts of problems and taking mainly decent set pieces. We lost our shape for a bit after that. I guess people would have been complaining about negativity if he hadn’t brought Miller on but I think we might have won without the substitutions.

Substitutions are due to Conlon and Whitfield unable to do 90 minutes.

We put a real shift in today and credit to them for keeping going till the end to get something out of it. We certainly didn’t deserve to lose it. We did lack a bit of quality in the final third at times and it wasn’t pretty but that’s how it is under Aspin and you can’t fault the effort and endeavour of the players at all. Certainly the last 20 minutes were exciting as we pushed on.

From our point of view they were 2 poor goals to give away from setpieces, we weren’t switched on for the first and I think it was Clark maybe(?) who tried to nick it and was shrugged off when arguably he could have just stood his ground. For the second it looks like we lost at least 2 players for them to score. It looked like Joyce was done again at the back post. So that was disappointing.

What a change in fortunes for Notts County from how good they were last season, they weren’t great at all, however they did have some threats down the wing, but I don’t think Brown had a save to make all game.

I thought Whitfield looked a threat for us and justified his start. Smith was excellent too, kept their forwards really quiet. Came away Disappointed that we didn’t beat them to be honest as I thought they were there for the taking.

Entertaining game. 2nd half we dominated and should have won. Why did Dodds come on? Mystified! I know each week we state that the officials were poor but that ref and the Lorne Street liner take the biscuit, they were awful. Point keeps a bit of momentum going and as has been stated previously we will be quite a Team when Manny and Monty are back in contention. I'll hold my hands up and admit I was getting very, very frustrated with Aspin's selections and tactics but having now steadied the boat we appear to be gelling into a Team that runs and fights for each other. A result like that next Sunday and we could be heading for a bumper bank balance, if the Owner allows the dosh to go towards a January effort to push us further upwards.

A really entertaining game which could have gone either way even though we had the best chances when Vassell and Miller should both have scored. Not sure why you thought we were lucky to equalise Mel as just before their second goal, we were having the best of it. The one thing that mystifies me each week is our inability to find our own players consistently while other teams don’t seem to find it a problem. Other teams seem to pass the ball around where we still have a lot of hit and hope. But overall, really enjoyed the game, just a shame we missed those couple of golden opportunities.

All match our approach play was good but the final third proved to be our undoing. That was why I thought we were lucky to equalise. It would have been better not to have conceded in the First place and I bet Neil Aspin has had something to say to the side about that.

Strikes me that there are still posters on here who revel in negative criticism of the Team and Aspin to the point that it becomes blindingly obvious. This week it appear that they are odds with the vast majority of fans who are regular.

Can you warm your brains up a little and have a on think whether this sort of post is actually putting people off from going to matches. Football is a habit once broken it needs some encouragement to start up again.

Everybodies got an opinion but come on cheer up or go and annoy the Fat boys an the oatcake

The facts are we had 52% possession and 12 shots with 5 on target scoring twice. Notts County had 6 shots with 2 on target. So their only two shots on target went in. We are a bit unlucky not to win and were generally on the wrong end of some unreliable officials.

But more than anything I thought we looked like a reasonable team, good skill level, determined and organized with a play book and drills. I felt it is starting to come together and maybe we can push well up the league if that continues. A good day overall.

Archived