onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Anticipate an isolated Pope getting increasingly frustrated.

No use second guessing the team until 2.00 pm on Saturday as i'm not sure NA has a clue himself.

I'd like to see us take the game to Oldham however much unlikely that is.

O.V.F. management syndicate to take over the team and style we play, top of league by Christmas, it's that easy come on Mr smurf easy peasy if only it was that easy to find that success we all crave, the right chairman/manager/players, many many teams in the football /national League looking for that formula. Keep the Faith and keep believing, up the Vale.

It'll be interesting to see what he goes with on Saturday. But if he goes wingbacks then we have very little attacking threat other than relying on whoever plays wingback to provide the service for Pope. When / if we play that system its needs other players breaking from the midfield to get around him too.

O.V.F. management syndicate to take over the team and style we play, top of league by Christmas, it's that easy come on Mr smurf easy peasy if only it was that easy to find that success we all crave, the right chairman/manager/players, many many teams in the football /national League looking for that formula. Keep the Faith and keep believing, up the Vale.

It is far from easy Pete, however when i have done my 50 hours a week graft and i decide to follow my team to Carlisle, Grimsby, Oldham etc i want to see a team intent on winning the game.

That is all i am asking. I'm sorry if it appeared negative but the harsh fact is Miller is banned ( would he of started anyway ? ) and Pope is hobbling around on one leg. I can't help but fear a backfoot performance or a lump it to Pope style.

As someone who goes to maybe 15 of the 23 away games and am only missing Newport for a full house in this division i have witnessed about 4 away wins since the Colin Daniel cameo at Fleetwood. I just want some hope !!!

It is far from easy Pete, however when i have done my 50 hours a week graft and i decide to follow my team to Carlisle, Grimsby, Oldham etc i want to see a team intent on winning the game.

That is all i am asking. I'm sorry if it appeared negative but the harsh fact is Miller is banned ( would he of started anyway ? ) and Pope is hobbling around on one leg. I can't help but fear a backfoot performance or a lump it to Pope style.

As someone who goes to maybe 15 of the 23 away games and am only missing Newport for a full house in this division i have witnessed about 4 away wins since the Colin Daniel cameo at Fleetwood. I just want some hope !!!

I'll be there Saturday trying to keep my positivity alive, hopefully, however we set up we get the result we crave, unfortunately until we get some stability and continuity season on season we will continue on this bumpy ride. Keep the faith and we will enjoy the game Saturday

Miller's booking on Saturday was utterly brainless and leaves us short up front when we need to rest Tom Pope.

In Lorne St on Saturday I was moaning about Miller only being on the Bench , especially as he had scored against Burton in the week. A guy next to me said he had heard Miller was on the bench as a disciplinary measure as a result of off the field misdemeanours.

In Lorne St on Saturday I was moaning about Miller only being on the Bench , especially as he had scored against Burton in the week. A guy next to me said he had heard Miller was on the bench as a disciplinary measure as a result of off the field misdemeanours.

Personally I don't believe a word of it. I think Aspin dropped a massive bollock with last weeks team selection.

Personally I don't believe a word of it. I think Aspin dropped a massive bollock with last weeks team selection.
We can all agree whatever the plan it never worked. 6-2 say's it all.They got the break and never looked back, at 1st I thought it was a fluke but looking at Replay it was possible a we'll work set piece. They are and were on the day a far better side than us and league table back's that up. They a have had a stable successful few years, confidence all-round is good. It's very easy to talk the talk but not so easy to walk the walk, a bit of stability and togetherness may help to make the walk a little easier. The right owner the right manager the winning way, every supporters dream, just waiting for this dream team to please step forward.

Just a note for anyone going by public transport on Saturday.

There's supposed to be an EDL / 'Tommeh' protest at Piccadilly Gardens on Saturday lunchtime. Barring one or two on here, most of you will probably want to avoid it I guess so I suggest you make a detour through the Northern Quarter.

If you're tramming it, you need to get on the East Didsbury - Rochdale line.

City Centre tram stops that serve this line are:

Deansgate-Castlefield (formerly known as GMEX, you probably won't stumble this far away from Piccadilly by accident)

St Peters Square

Exchange Square (outside Next at the Arndale Centre, handy for Sinclair's Oyster Bar)

Victoria Station

Best stop for Boundary Park seems to be Westwood. Head for the big Tesco and the use the underpass at the ring road.

Archived