onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Was it really that bad!!

wwindsor

After watching the game today i thought the team selection was questionable, first half proved that, second half though it was good play and pressure from the Valiants. Watched the highlites on sky sports and that shows we did create chances and had some good build up play. We should give Aspin as much time as we can, swapping and changing will not solve anything stick with this man and lets give him a chance.

Advert

After watching the game today i thought the team selection was questionable, first half proved that, second half though it was good play and pressure from the Valiants. Watched the highlites on sky sports and that shows we did create chances and had some good build up play. We should give Aspin as much time as we can, swapping and changing will not solve anything stick with this man and lets give him a chance.

Spot on, you can not keep changing the manager every 12 months Aspo needs to given time, today you could see improvement and the tide will just lets a have some patience its hard but that needs to happen:feedthepope:

But why set up at home with one forward only ? Aspin's sole intention at present is to NOT LOSE. That is driving me to despair. Some of you lot might feel that's ok, but sorry not for me. Yes we seem to have a far better squad this season but that is irrelevant if we have someone in charge who inspires no confidence in the players or the fans.

I thought we were on the front foot throughout. Their first was against the run of play, we did plenty of attacking. If we’d had a couple of bits of neutral rather than bad luck people would have been talking about our resilience and pressure, we lost so all this stuff about negative set up comes out.

Playing Dodds behind the striker isn't negative. Remember 12/13 season?

Aspin has a squad to use. I'm glad Miller got dropped, he may come back stronger.

We have Conlon and Oyeleke to come back this week, Whitfield will get his first start. The squad looks good and results will come.

It is absolutely typical for Kanu to be talked about as the best thing since sliced bread when he's not in the squad. You'd think he was Christiano Ronaldo.

Aspin was never going to turn last season around this quick. I am bored of negativity. I'm a Port Vale fan, if I wanted to win every week and watch entertaining football I'd support Man City but I'm not in it for that.

Aspo is doing ok. Up the Vale!

On another day we would have won that game. Thought both their goals had an element of luck about them. My only gripe was that Dodds was completely anonymous and contributed nothing. That said even the 1st half we created chances, hit the post, Worrall stabbed a good chance just past the post. Once we made the changes though their goal led a charmed life and I still can't believe how we didn't get at least one goal.

Is it getting better? By far our best month since Aspin has arrived was quite early in his reign, December 2017. Since then it has been pretty dreadful, only just staying up last season, 6 points and out of the cup 1st round this season and bar Colchester maybe we haven’t played any of the top teams this season. I hope Aspin can turn things around but I am not filled with much optimism. How long do we give him?

Spot on, you can not keep changing the manager every 12 months Aspo needs to given time, today you could see improvement and the tide will just lets a have some patience its hard but that needs to happen:feedthepope:

I remember the same numpties here saying the exact same thing with Michael Brown week after week until inevitably it all ended in tears.

Some people will never learn. Aspin out.

Playing Dodds behind the striker isn't negative. Remember 12/13 season?

Aspin has a squad to use. I'm glad Miller got dropped, he may come back stronger.

We have Conlon and Oyeleke to come back this week, Whitfield will get his first start. The squad looks good and results will come.

It is absolutely typical for Kanu to be talked about as the best thing since sliced bread when he's not in the squad. You'd think he was Christiano Ronaldo.

Aspin was never going to turn last season around this quick. I am bored of negativity. I'm a Port Vale fan, if I wanted to win every week and watch entertaining football I'd support Man City but I'm not in it for that.

Aspo is doing ok. Up the Vale!

That was 5 years ago.... he’s not the same player and did literally nothing.

People aren’t saying Kanu is class. They simply want a bit of pace on the bench so when we’re losing as yesterday you have a different option to those on the bench....

Why wasn’t he going to turn it around this quick? We’ve got a good squad it’s a new season they’ve all had a pre season, I don’t see why he couldn’t?

I’m in it to support vale but I want to see us do well I’m clearly not like you as I want us to win matches and to entertain. I really don’t think wanting your side to win matches is asking to much.

I’m desperate for aspin to succeed but you can’t logically say he’s doing ok so far this season. You just can’t.

Not sure I would say Aspin is doing okay, as he isn't, but he could certainly buy himself some much needed time, if, like today, he was a bit more offensive, be that home or away, as I do feel we have the squad to do so.

Brown,

Clarke, Legge, Rawlinson, Gibbo

Monty, Hardcastle, Hannant, Whitfield

Pope, Miller

RB apart which continues to be problematic,it doesn't look bad does it?

Would have Kanu on the bench to add pace should Monty or Whitfield have to come off. When Manny comes back am assuming he may replace Hannant, and am wondering if the new lad has ever played RB as if he has or could, Aspin could possibly consider swapping Manny for Hardcastle? Also wondering if anyone has any confirmed news on Mannys or Conlons injuries?

Now that surely wouldn't be that bad would it. With hindsight, am now thinking dropping Miller was actually a good thing, especially if what we then saw when he comes on becomes the norm. What I do now at least have is some optimistic belief that if we continue to play and build on yesterdays improvement and create the same amount of chances we can quickly move up the table

Not sure I would say Aspin is doing okay, as he isn't, but he could certainly buy himself some much needed time, if, like today, he was a bit more offensive, be that home or away, as I do feel we have the squad to do so.

Brown,

Clarke, Legge, Rawlinson, Gibbo

Monty, Hardcastle, Hannant, Whitfield

Pope, Miller

RB apart which continues to be problematic,it doesn't look bad does it?

Would have Kanu on the bench to add pace should Monty or Whitfield have to come off. When Manny comes back am assuming he may replace Hannant, and am wondering if the new lad has ever played RB as if he has or could, Aspin could possibly consider swapping Manny for Hardcastle? Also wondering if anyone has any confirmed news on Mannys or Conlons injuries?

Now that surely wouldn't be that bad would it. With hindsight, am now thinking dropping Miller was actually a good thing, especially if what we then saw when he comes on becomes the norm. What I do now at least have is some optimistic belief that if we continue to play and build on yesterdays improvement and create the same amount of chances we can quickly move up the table

That's all I and some others want to see. For us actually to attack games. Yesterday Aspin **** his Y fronts because we were playing ******* Newport at home! He was more concerned about them than putting out a team to actually take the game to them from the off. His negative mindset can only be rubbing off on the players in the dressing room. If we give him another 6 months I don't believe anything will change. He will still be making the exact same mistakes as he's done throughout his managerial career at Port Vale. Only anyone replacing him then has a much more difficult job on their hands to turn the ship around. He's no better than Glover, Sinnott, Brown etc.

What about in Rudge's first full season in the 80s?

I can hear you now... "Gerrim out... inner bloody good enough".

You probably said the exact same nonsense when people such as myself were calling for Brown to go much sooner than he eventually did. Time to move on from the past, Dinosaur.

I wasn’t there yesterday, but one recurring theme is ‘bad luck’ or ‘unlucky’.

I was there against Crawley, and would say we used up quite a large slice of luck to get three points in that game after a dreadful 2nd half.

So luck should even itself out.

But across all home games, regardless of the result we have looked very poor for a big chunk of a the game. And that, for me is down to the manager.

Also the goals scored statistic - 3 goals from open play in 7 - is frightening. God help us if Pope ever picks up a long term injury.

Archived