onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and out

Rampant Zebra

Advert

I keep hearing rumours that Harry Smith is signing and will be announced early next week, has anybody any real idea if there's any truth in this? (I don't do Tw@tter or Faceache, etc.).

Media is reporting that Macc Town have signed him despite interest from us...

Media is reporting that Macc Town have signed him despite interest from us...

I'd guess they are prepared to pay more for what they see as a first choice player than we are for a backup to Pope, plus he'll be guaranteed regular football. Having a couple of clear choice centreforwards will make it more difficult to try and get someone in to cover for Pope. As letting Barnett go will probably cost us money I wonder if we aren't just better accepting him for another season and hope Pope is only missing for 10 games or less. Smith's goal record of 1 in 7, so not really a big upgrade in terms of goals.

Once the manager tells you you are transfer listed and not in his plans you leave.

All three will, I'm sure, go before the end of August. It's better for them to be playing and it saves us wages.

I can't see any of them playing for us again.

We do have a problem now up front but badly need another striker. If we assume that P & M are first picks, with Dodds sniffing around, then potential signings will not be regular starters and that will put them off.

It's surely got to be another chancer or non league hopeful or another young unproven loan player who would rather get a few games here than play for his reserve team once every three weeks in front of 50 men and a dog.

Aspin appeared to be hinting at the latter on Monday. It appears that the well has run dry and it's now loan players we're considering.

Once the manager tells you you are transfer listed and not in his plans you leave.

All three will, I'm sure, go before the end of August. It's better for them to be playing and it saves us wages.

I can't see any of them playing for us again.

We do have a problem now up front but badly need another striker. If we assume that P & M are first picks, with Dodds sniffing around, then potential signings will not be regular starters and that will put them off.

It's surely got to be another chancer or non league hopeful or another young unproven loan player who would rather get a few games here than play for his reserve team once every three weeks in front of 50 men and a dog.

Aspin appeared to be hinting at the latter on Monday. It appears that the well has run dry and it's now loan players we're considering.

Its not really a question of can we move them on - we can. Its a matter of what percentage of wages we have to pay. Davis and Lainton are young enough for the chance to play might compensate for a lower wage. Barnett is looking at next year being his last season in all probability so will want to maximise his wage.

The real question is can we get better for the percentage of their wages we save. If we end up subsidising a transfer for 80%n of salary there isn't really going to be a replacement coming in.

Archived