onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Railway Pub and players accommodation

mbycars

Advert

There are some interesting documents attached to both applications on the planning portal of the City Council website, particularly regarding the Coal Authority, old mineshafts, potential 'geotechnical' issues building on such land and also the risk that the land might be contaminated.

Basically it sounds like a hell of a load of more surveys need to be done. Don't expect anything to happen any time soon.

There are some interesting documents attached to both applications on the planning portal of the City Council website, particularly regarding the Coal Authority, old mineshafts, potential 'geotechnical' issues building on such land and also the risk that the land might be contaminated.

Basically it sounds like a hell of a load of more surveys need to be done. Don't expect anything to happen any time soon.

ok cheers santa

That's pretty standard in Stoke on Trent. I've done a few new builds in the area and we always have the same issue. It would be more of a surprise if it wasn't the case.

Will Tommys be membership card for next season? Any fee to be paid, when and where to?

It was membership only for the season just gone, not sure how strictly it was enforced, I went in once and wasn’t asked for any membership card. Over 60s is free anyway.

Which is exactly why folk have been saying the land at vp is no use for building on, or too costly to rectify.

The cynic in me is thinking is this Norman’s way of testing the water.

Broadly speaking, most of us need to detach our day job from our own life.

So I wonder how it would be for players to live and work at the same location. I also wonder if it would be a condition of signing or coming on loan that the players would HAVE to live in these flats? In other words, if they live off-site we won't be paying their accommodation costs. I understand it makes sense rather than paying hotel bills but there's a bigger picture here. Why don't we just build some flats elsewhere, somewhere better and more enticing?

Just a thought.

So I wonder how it would be for players to live and work at the same location. I also wonder if it would be a condition of signing or coming on loan that the players would HAVE to live in these flats? In other words, if they live off-site we won't be paying their accommodation costs. I understand it makes sense rather than paying hotel bills but there's a bigger picture here. Why don't we just build some flats elsewhere, somewhere better and more enticing?

Just a thought.

No, I agree.

You have to weigh up the total cost of the development versus how much it would cost to just buy existing property elsewhere in the area.

The valuation of the development on the balance sheet versus the value of a property elsewhere.

Also the ability to sell the property if you decide you don't need it any more or you want to liquidate your asset.

Just a thought.

I assume land elsewhere would not be free and without services etc, may have been a thought too.

If it wasn’t for the fact it is such a flea pit these days the George would be ideal. Would be cheaper for Norman to buy that and do it up if he was serious about player accommodation.

He could also make the money from fans staying and yet have control over the players that stay.

Just a thought.

I think Smurf already has a hotel in Crewe

Archived