onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Couldnt muster 5000 locals.

Spunk Trumpet

A little trust could be easily regained if they would just come clean and not treat people as mugs,take them for granted and treat them with a little respect.But they don't seem to want to do that even though they said they would improve on what was happening before.

Presumably because they know that to come clean would mean communicating some pretty unpleasant information. Why else would they go back on that pledge?

Advert

Price plays a part (not for me though).

Standard of football plays a bigger part - for me, at least - but we have been rubbish before and I've gone to games.

A further element for me is this off field nonsense that I honestly wish I knew nothing about. When I was younger, I knew nothing about the club off the field and I wish it was like that now. It's like being shown magic tricks, life is never the same again...and I used to be able to live with tonkings at home to Northampton etc because I truly believed that it was only a blip and that things would be better next week.

Now I know better - and I wish I didn't. Yet it is that element - the off field hopeless stuff and the feeling that those running the club think I'm a mug which stops me going. I'm sure they thought I was a mug in 1984, but I didn't care then, and I wish I didn't care now.

I do envy the happer clappers in some ways...

You've got that spot on and it reflects my feelings exactly.Once you have been behind the scenes and know what goes on,it certainly spoils the match occasion.:(

Price plays a part (not for me though).

Standard of football plays a bigger part - for me, at least - but we have been rubbish before and I've gone to games.

A further element for me is this off field nonsense that I honestly wish I knew nothing about. When I was younger, I knew nothing about the club off the field and I wish it was like that now. It's like being shown magic tricks, life is never the same again...and I used to be able to live with tonkings at home to Northampton etc because I truly believed that it was only a blip and that things would be better next week.

Now I know better - and I wish I didn't. Yet it is that element - the off field hopeless stuff and the feeling that those running the club think I'm a mug which stops me going. I'm sure they thought I was a mug in 1984, but I didn't care then, and I wish I didn't care now.

I do envy the happer clappers in some ways...

SOUND post that is.

Just remember this post in 1, 3, 5, 10 years time when you slither back to your seat and you still have a club to support.

Ironic thing is that I think you do know nothing about the off field stuff.

SOUND post that is.

Just remember this post in 1, 3, 5, 10 years time when you slither back to your seat and you still have a club to support.

Ironic thing is that I think you do know nothing about the off field stuff.

I know nothing, eh? Maybe that is true....of course, you know better.

I won't be returning to Vale Park any time soon...bit like you really.

I know nothing, eh? Maybe that is true....of course, you know better.

I won't be returning to Vale Park any time soon...bit like you really.

Haha, I don't claim to know anything, but the childish argument is a classic and you had you stick it in somewhere.

If your not returning then why post on this website? Your like one of them people that sits on a bridge threatening to jump but never has any intention of jumping. If your not returning soon then I urge you to ignore this site, ignore the back of the sentinel, go get a life and come back when you want to.

I was at Vale park last night.

The problem at Vale now is that the club is too open, when Belly was in charge nothing about the club's finances etc ever came out into the public domain. Supporters of most clubs don't have a clue about the behind-the-scenes stuff & I'm beginning to think it's best we didn't.

There is no honesty or integrity- all trust is lost.

So you dont think it's right that supporters know that the board can invest in the team? Or completion of the ground/suite?

Vale fans arent, and never have been, idiots. It's too late to start now.

There is no honesty or integrity- all trust is lost.

So you dont think it's right that supporters know that the board can invest in the team? Or completion of the ground/suite?

Vale fans arent, and never have been, idiots. It's too late to start now.

Once the fans/customers lose faith and trust in the board there is only one winner and it ain't the board.

i have to agree with soothsayer

the thing is belly owned the club he had way over the 51% required this is different 900 own the club noone has the required shares to grab the mettle and run the club as it should, people were duped that a supporter owned club was the way forward and would guarentee the suvival of the club they also were told they had a voice and their opinions would count

it was doomed to fail as soon as the original charter was ignored and people relised they could use others goowill for their own means

The problem at Vale now is that the club is too open, when Belly was in charge nothing about the club's finances etc ever came out into the public domain. Supporters of most clubs don't have a clue about the behind-the-scenes stuff & I'm beginning to think it's best we didn't.

Belly didn't ask us all to buy shares and have a say.

Supporters of most clubs don't own shares in their club, don't know and don't care about behind-the-scenes stuff.

i'd guess that a 5,000+ crowd was better than the board had expected. do you really think the club did the promotion as a means to get more revenue in than they would at normal prices? Do you think they expected at least 9,000 there last night after our recent run of form?

So if they knew the gate was going to be low.....why do a stupid price reduction.....and loose money..

Would make sense to do it for a biggish game, when they at least would have a chance of getting numbers in! :banghead:

Proof if ever was needed that even at a fiver a pop people arent interested!!

Almost the same attendance as the last Friday game last month..... At full price!!

Dear me.

Attendance was 5168. I did not attend last night because I was working in Calrisle and drove 140 miles home, I couldn't face driving another 140 miles to Burslem and back on a Friday night when I was tired. Deakin made a good move to keep attendances up but I bet there were 500+ people like me, who don't live round the corner or who have commitments on a Friday, not there. So attendance wasn't too bad. Lets hope we can turn the corner. I see lots of people keep fit at the same gym where jumping to conclusions is the main activity!

Archived