onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Couldnt muster 5000 locals.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

The attendance was terrible but what do you expect the other team in the city r prem league so folk will probably choose nip the pub watch there game and spend there hard earned then the stayaways will moan the Vale r ---- then wonder why.

For years we have had to send out a team of free transfers ,giveaways and last chance salooners i for one when the players play well am very proud of my team to win any game of football with little or no investment is terrific ,how we could do with 40 million just to stay in a league,real success too me is based on what you have to work with well lets face it MA got nothing ,what a story it would be if we went the rest of the season unbeaten i for one hope we do ,my message to Vale fans is simple support your team.

You don't think your team deserves the best financial backing that is realistically available?

You think I don't support my team because I want what's best for it?

It's people like you that have got us where we are. Well done happy clapper.

If it was £10 every game, Vale would soon be getting gated of at least 8,000

Friday night's attendance is no indication as-

1. Boardroom unrest and fans are disillusioned with the running of the club.

2. It was B***** freezing on Friday night.

3.People come in from work, or have made alternative arrangements that they would not make on A saturday afternoon.

4.Not everybody possibly aware!

5.Vale are not challenging at the top of the division. Taking this point in consideration, the attendance of 5,168 was good for a club in 13th place in the bottom division.

I think too many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon, and justify a £20.50 admission price. Keep the £20.50 admission price and its the club that lose out over the last half of the season. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to bring the cost of admission down, and slightly raise the cost of merchandise (i said slightly) to recoup the money. £14-15 quid is more than enough to get in at Vale park.

The plain and simple realistic fact is a home goalless draw against Torquay in league 2 would have been seen as an absolute failure pre-V2001 whereas today its deemed as stopping the rot and giving us something to build on - thats how far the spiral of decline has gone.

Its not being negative its fact! - like me, many have stopped attending every game and just watch from a distance to see if things are ever likely to improve both on and off the pitch.

You would be suprised how quick you can loose the habit when whats on show is dross.

The positive suggestion on the way forward is seek new proper investment for the number 1 priority - major team re-building - and look for that in places who have the spare cash in this current financial climate - forget the bankrupt West, Europe and USA - Look to the East - Asian based Companies based in China, India etc .

The plain and simple realistic fact is a home goalless draw against Torquay in league 2 would have been seen as an absolute failure pre-V2001 whereas today its deemed as stopping the rot and giving us something to build on - thats how far the spiral of decline has gone.

Its not being negative its fact! - like me, many have stopped attending every game and just watch from a distance to see if things are ever likely to improve both on and off the pitch.

You would be suprised how quick you can loose the habit when whats on show is dross.

The positive suggestion on the way forward is seek new proper investment for the number 1 priority - major team re-building - and look for that in places who have the spare cash in this current financial climate - forget the bankrupt West, Europe and USA - Look to the East - Asian based Companies based in China, India etc .

As ever, Steve - spot on....

So ****ing sick of hearing that phrase 'Happy Clapper'. No-one is happy with being in League 2 but don't dare those that don't attend criticise supporters that go along and support their team on a matchday - you have no right. 'Supporters' don't have to be happy about everything that goes on.

Trying to make out that not attending but slagging every part of the club off at every opportunity is an admirable stance is pathetic.

So ****ing sick of hearing that phrase 'Happy Clapper'. No-one is happy with being in League 2 but don't dare those that don't attend criticise supporters that go along and support their team on a matchday - you have no right. 'Supporters' don't have to be happy about everything that goes on.

Trying to make out that not attending but slagging every part of the club off at every opportunity is an admirable stance is pathetic.

I do attend.

Well said LV my thoughts exactly. I was at Grimsby on tuesday and shall be at Dagenham and the rest of the games, that is my way of supporting.

The attendance was terrible but what do you expect the other team in the city r prem league so folk will probably choose nip the pub watch there game and spend there hard earned then the stayaways will moan the Vale r ---- then wonder why.

For years we have had to send out a team of free transfers ,giveaways and last chance salooners i for one when the players play well am very proud of my team to win any game of football with little or no investment is terrific ,how we could do with 40 million just to stay in a league,real success too me is based on what you have to work with well lets face it MA got nothing ,what a story it would be if we went the rest of the season unbeaten i for one hope we do ,my message to Vale fans is simple support your team.

How the hell am i a happy clapper im just as ****** off as you just been realistic.

Who said you didnt support the team im saying if those who choose to not go aint helping we are 13th in the lowest tier of football what do you expect if the board have no money,vision surely the fans cant just sit there and moan when you aint even attending.

i was physically poorly on saturday after giving me all on friday encouraging the players to the hilt.

So folk like me r responsible for where we r ,funny that i dont wear the shirt or run the club badly i just support the club through thin and thin.

I do attend, but i can actually understand why those who have decided not to, don't. The problem i had with your initial post is the apparent acceptance to just watch those that run the club, rip the heart out of it. The stand off's that started between board and supporters started a long time ago. Now we have a situation where apathy has become a bigger danger to the club, than the board themselves. The fact that SCFC are in the prem should have little effect to the core attendance at VP, more so the future supporters or the glory hunters.

Vale's attendances are mainly being affected by the dross being served up on the pitch, not the cost. All other factors are secondary to past performances.

Appologies for branding you as a happy clapper, it's just I've become as equally frustrated with our own supporters as i have with the board. Hope you make a speedy recovery from your Friday night incurred injuries. I wish the players and others at the club could say the same.

Archived