onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Couldnt muster 5000 locals.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

This is simple. I did not attend the supporters club meeting on Thursday, I was in Carlisle and stayed up there overnight. On Friday I drove home 140 miles home and since my home is on the Wirral I did not drive another 140 miles to Burslem and back to watch the game on Friday because I was tired. Don't join two events up!

Im sure I replied to this once... anyway.... just confused thats all.... its an age thing.... no offense meant.

I think the attendance was probably what you would expect in the circumstances. Not diabolical given recent events and the constant negativity amongst some of the fans. It seems some will always enjoy moaning about it rather than going - earlier in this thread I think I finally saw it all - now that the "I'm not going into Bell/Foyle/Glover/Bratt/Oliver/Horton/Gannon have gone" excuses have run out - "I'm not going until Peter Miller has gone" - haha!!!! The bloke's been here a month for crying out loud. Well, if you can't beat 'em...."I'm not going until Boomer's gone."

I thought it was a good game and we were unlucky not to win - largely thanks to a superb performance by 1 of the new boys that was slated by some on here before he even pulled on the shirt.

We're not a Championship club anymore as some people still seem to think - take a look at the average gates in league 1 over the weekend - we're not even fully entitled to be in that league to be honest. There's a huge number of clubs (Bradford, Wrexham, Plymouth, the Sheffileds etc) who also think they should all eb 2 leagues higher - unfortunately that's just football.

However, it's frustrating, because it wouldn't take much for us to get on a roll at our club as success breeds success and positivity breeds positivity too. If we could get some results on the pitch, some positivity in the stands and some signings in January then the play-offs are certainly not out of reach.

However, it's frustrating, because it wouldn't take much for us to get on a roll at our club as success breeds success and positivity breeds positivity too. If we could get some results on the pitch, some positivity in the stands and some signings in January then the play-offs are certainly not out of reach.

I agree, just confused why we didnt sign our targets in November on loan with a view to a permanent move in January ? Im notr expecting much now in January to be honest

Can someone either confirm or deny that we aren't paying any of the wages for the loan players? Genuine question because if we aren't paying anything towards their wages it might explain why we waited until the last day of the loan window. In other words, let's see who is left and what we can pick up free of charge. Not trying to stir just trying to find out the truth.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of walk -ups and season ticket holders that attended.

I would myself, not have attended on Friday if it had not been £5 as I'm not a season ticket holder.

I attended with my brother, who, also is not a S/T holder and he would not have gone either if the price was as normal.

I suspect that the reduced admission was a relative success when all things are considered; form; off field worries etc...

I think less than 4k season ticket holders would have gone, and I guess there would be hardly any walk ups willing to pay full price.

Torquay probably brought 50 or 60 more because of the offer too.

Hmm, I think that's way to low. Currently we have a core home support of between 4,300 - 4,500 and it seems to me the '£5 Offer' had little, if no impact at all on the gate - even for a Friday night.

I think thats correct Barry.I think the club were probably looking for a gate of between 6-7000.IMO of course.People shouldn't be expected to pay for crap no matter what the price.

I would probably have gone the game for a fiver last Friday if I hadn't have gone Manchester for a night out.

Only been the one Vale game this season (Swindon at home), which was truly awful.

Whichever way you try and paint it; charging £20.50 for League Two football is an absolute scandal!:mad: Won't be going many more games at VP this season at those prices.

I thought it was a good game and we were unlucky not to win - largely thanks to a superb performance by 1 of the new boys that was slated by some on here before he even pulled on the shirt.

We're not a Championship club anymore as some people still seem to think - take a look at the average gates in league 1 over the weekend - we're not even fully entitled to be in that league to be honest.

The Club players and boardroom dont deserve league1 football as they are non-league standard and continue to sink lower while the burtons,stevenages crawleys and Wimbledon's get stronger on and of the pitch!

millface wont improve us he has a habit of destroying clubs!

even if the massive miracle happens and one trick pony Adams and his players get promotion, between them they will bring us straight back down again!!

when the club signs someone who people have not heard off...its human nature to maybe slate the new players but when we signed the likes of Guppy and McCarthy again no one hhad heard off them but I think everyone would agree that for a player making his debut I think if he continues how he started then we may have another legend on our hands....I think a little patience is required when these new guys get a chance

Archived