onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Couldnt muster 5000 locals.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Apologise in advance about being positive. I know it doesn't fit with the general mood on this site. Really enjoyed the game last night. Entertaing and I thought we did well against a well organised and confident team. Thought the attendance was OK too. Sorry.

Those of you who didn't go - that's OK in my book. Respect your decision and its fine if you want to stay away on a permanent basis. As a number have said once you stop going to matches you find something else to do - go and enjoy.

For myself, I enjoy the matches, seeing my mates and having a pint in the Bulls Head before games - and I will be doing that for the rest of the season and beyond.

Give over, we're out of form so people lose interest. Too many people only having the stomach for the good times in this day and age.

It's funny how the recession doesnt hit the south of the city by your reckoning..... People find the money when they want to and Vale isn't an attractive option for some

Geat real you... the night was a failure!

About 3000 paying custmers at a fiver returns 15k.

If there had been 2000 paying £20 we would have had 40k....

Miller better downsize his car, as Perry's little plan backfired!

Taking into account the 'compensation' that we supposedly received (from Sky/Stoke?) for the match being switched to the Friday night, perhaps we didn't make such a big loss as some people think.

Perhaps the generous £5 offer was only offered because the Board knew they already had some compo money 'in the bank?' Not that the Board would admit to this, as the £5 offer and the accompanying spin makes them look good... in some people's opinion anyway.

There are times when your team goes thru a bad patch. Vale are trying to get out of one right now. We've just played the form team of the division, who've won 5 on the bounce. My logic tells me thats probably quite a good result in the circumstances, although it would have been nice to get the win the performance might have merited.

I'm just disappointed at the negativity of the thread, thats all.

i wouldnt call ten years a bad patch :ohmy:

2001 the last time we won anything .

15 years since we last won promotion .

other than that we have troubled the playoffs (seriously) once .

this club is nothing but a nightmare and there is nothing to be happy about regarding this club.

Geat real you... the night was a failure!

About 3000 paying custmers at a fiver returns 15k.

If there had been 2000 paying £20 we would have had 40k....

Miller better downsize his car, as Perry's little plan backfired!

i'd guess that a 5,000+ crowd was better than the board had expected. do you really think the club did the promotion as a means to get more revenue in than they would at normal prices? Do you think they expected at least 9,000 there last night after our recent run of form?

i wouldnt call ten years a bad patch :ohmy:

2001 the last time we won anything .

15 years since we last won promotion .

other than that we have troubled the playoffs (seriously) once .

this club is nothing but a nightmare and there is nothing to be happy about regarding this club.

Please......it's not as if things are ever going to change overnight.....there are a very large number of clubs in all four divisions who could say something pretty similar, including some that used to be in the Prem - Bradford, for instance, who have a significantly more illustrious history, but have done worse than us over the last decade. There are clubs in non-league, such as Luton, who were in the old division 1.....

I think it's a bit pathetic that all you can do is moan about it, to be honest. It makes you sound as if the only thing that will excite you is if we won something - and that you have some sort of delusion that we have a "right" to. We have the potential to do more, I agree, but we have nearly always been the smaller of 2 clubs in a city that can just about keep its head above water financially, and our chairman has never owned Bet365, so we'll not get that level of investment, not even in our wildest dreams.

We have to start somewhere, and I'm hoping we can begin to make progress this season - the dead hand of the old board held us back in the summer, after the EGM fiasco / disaster, and I think we have a chance to progress - IF (and I'm not 100% confident) what we have been promised comes to pass. If it doesn't, I have a drawing board to go back to, not wrists to slit........

Heard last night from fellow ST holder that if you took your ST into the ticket office before the match they exchanged it for a fiver ticket and he got 15.50 refunded PD strikes again

What a load of bull****. I paid 2 extra to exchange my railway ticket for a lorne st one, certainly no refunds. Ovf bull **** shocker strikes again

Archived