onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Couldnt muster 5000 locals.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

What is your opinion Melv, really? Price or just standard of football??

The price does not really affect me as i have a season ticket.But pay on the gate price is way to high.For what you get in return.

A recent problem has been a distinct lack of effort and commitment form the team.

More long term.

A lack of the much promised open,honest,transparent era.Where is it?

Conflicting official information coming out from the club.

Failed promise after failed promise again and again.

A lack of trust and faith.But not a lot being done to win it back.

What is your opinion Melv, really? Price or just standard of football??

Price plays a part (not for me though).

Standard of football plays a bigger part - for me, at least - but we have been rubbish before and I've gone to games.

A further element for me is this off field nonsense that I honestly wish I knew nothing about. When I was younger, I knew nothing about the club off the field and I wish it was like that now. It's like being shown magic tricks, life is never the same again...and I used to be able to live with tonkings at home to Northampton etc because I truly believed that it was only a blip and that things would be better next week.

Now I know better - and I wish I didn't. Yet it is that element - the off field hopeless stuff and the feeling that those running the club think I'm a mug which stops me going. I'm sure they thought I was a mug in 1984, but I didn't care then, and I wish I didn't care now.

I do envy the happer clappers in some ways...

I thought the crowd was right. I guess just over 5000 before it was announced.

Not bad really. Probably 1000 up on what it would have been without the offer.

My thoughts too, there were more in Lorne St and in the Railway stands than i had seen this season and the atmosphere was much better. I couldn't find anywhere to park which is not normally a problem.

My point is the price IS a significant factor, whilst you are arguing it isnt!!!!

:shifty:

You said you'd be willing to pay £25 to watch premiership football but not league 2!!!!.... Therefore it's not the fact you haven't got the money, it's you don't want the product hence why charging £5 wasn't really a success for a club like Vale!!!!

I was waiting for the first one to say that! Thought it might be you empty head!

I will have hit 20 games by the end of the year. Not bad for someone who lives roughly 800 miles away. Dont you think?

I did actually go the Friday game last month, and that was full price! ;)

Part timer;)

You said you'd be willing to pay £25 to watch premiership football but not league 2!!!!.... Therefore it's not the fact you haven't got the money, it's you don't won't the product hence why charging £5 wasn't really a success for a club like Vale!!!!

Not often I agree with you, but I certainly do here. Price isn't really an issue for most people.

The price does not really affect me as i have a season ticket.But pay on the gate price is way to high.For what you get in return.

A recent problem has been a distinct lack of effort and commitment form the team.

More long term.

A lack of the much promised open,honest,transparent era.Where is it?

Conflicting official information coming out from the club.

Failed promise after failed promise again and again.

A lack of trust and faith.But not a lot being done to win it back.

We have been spoiled by an era which we enjoyed with a chairman who is a Vale fan at heart (Bill Bell) We knew his interests were not just Business- the trust WAS there (at the time)

Sadly, the only other figure who comes anywhere close to Belly is possibly Mark Sims (a Vale fan). He needs to go in partnership though with Mo, to be significantly effective.

I dont trust ANY of the current board. To them Vale means as much as Scotch mist.

Deakin will see this and put the price up to £25.

You may be right, but he could charge that if we were 12 points clear at the top of the division and more would still go than they do now.

Price becomes an issue or more of an issue when the team/product is ****e.

You said you'd be willing to pay £25 to watch premiership football but not league 2!!!!.... Therefore it's not the fact you haven't got the money, it's you don't want the product hence why charging £5 wasn't really a success for a club like Vale!!!!

We arent in the Premiership though, are we???:rolleyes:

No i'm not prepared to pay £20- it's far too much. Those who say they arent bothered about the price are just too pompous to realise that there are people out there who GENUINELY cant afford to go.

I dont trust ANY of the current board. To them Vale means as much as Scotch mist.

A little trust could be easily regained if they would just come clean and not treat people as mugs,take them for granted and treat them with a little respect.But they don't seem to want to do that even though they said they would improve on what was happening before.

Archived