onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter v Lincoln Play off/ v Coventry Final

blackdog

Advert

Haha. Fukc off Rhead!

What a thug, laughed at him when he was clattered from behind he then rolls on the floor kicking his legs like a toddler,has his head bandaged only to throw it away when he must have realised nowt was wrong....Soppy tart.

The best bit was when that Lincoln goal was disallowed. Rhead was nudged and threw himself so dramatically with his arms in the air. One of his arms knocked the ball down to a team mate who scored but the liner had seen the handball. Fantastic stuff.

Good to see Lincoln miss out. Their management duo are a right pair of arrogant tossers. Their attitude is almost like they believe their own hype. They were lucky to end the game with 11 men last night too, they lost their heads. By the looks of what Rhead was constantly saying to the ref the FA seem to have gone a bit lax on players verbally abusing referees. Hopefully Exeter go up now, just to get rid of that long away trip for us.

I am not here to defend anyone and I may well receive some barbed comments in response to this post. In respect of Danny Cowley it would help to understand his record. He took Concord Rangers to a very healthy position in the Conference North. The closest I can equate to that locally is to say it's like Kidsgrove Athletic being taken to the top half in the Conference North.

He then went to Braintree and took them to the Conference play offs where they were but a heartbeat away from the Football League. That is rather like Neil Baker taking Leek Town to the same level.

Whatever people may think of his tactics, his record at the three teams he has managed could hardly be bettered.

I have followed his progress in Essex since his Concord Rangers days and he has always come across as an intelligent articulate manager who is not afraid to admit when he and his team have got it wrong.

His percentage win rate at Braintree and Lincoln is 54%. People may dislike him but that record deserves acknowledgement.

I amno fan of Matt Rhead and his behaviour at Exeter was not great. I am pleased that Exeter won and hope they win at Wembley. Paul Tisdale is another manager for whom I have a lot of respect.

Guest Vale at home
Yes the Lincoln bench seemed to be going out of their way at Vale park to wind up our management team with the aim of getting our guys sent off. Well done Exeter.

I Do agree . Good Luck to Exeter city . I want them to up . as Man in the pub . And myself Have Exeter fans in the Family . :clap::clap::clap:

We hope they Enjoy there Day at Wembley . And win .

Having seen some of the awful decisions given against Notts in both legs of their play off games, I do wonder if Exeter have any chance ! Coventry, to me, seem the luckiest team in the lower leagues. Pitch invasions with no warnings, survived playing at Northampton with low crowds while paying rent and those dodgy decisions, I do wonder.

I thought Lincoln was a vibrant fans club when I went there for the away game. I'll overlook the stewarding issue!

The manager is certainly irritating. Reid's behaviour at Port Vale was also pathetic. He wanted to be allowed to use his physicality but liked feigning injury when it is given back and his ego led him to engage with the spectators when he was given stick for simulation.

Against Exeter he played on after a bad head injury caused by him backing in to a challenge and getting butted instead of the centre half heading the ball. So I won't fault his effort, but his limitations include a lack of fitness. He is carrying blubber.

In contrast Exeter play football in a progressive way and I hope they can beat Coventry.

Archived