onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Their record since having a new manager - W1 D4 L4 - 7 points from 27

Ours in the same period - W2 D5 L2 - 11 points from 27.

No reason why we can't get something here. They were quite fortunate at our place, I came away thinking how on earth the result happened like it did, as no way did we deserve to lose 0-4 really on the performance.

They got their first win in 10 last week, they're nobody we should fear.

Chesterfield lose tomorrow means a point Saturday will finish the job, Barnet wouldn’t be mathematically able to get us and Chesterfield would need a massive goal difference swing virtually impossible with us only then having two games to get tanned.

I think we will get a point here hopefully, although bookies giving us little chance despite our form being better than theirs!

Yes am hoping for a sell out,new ground for alot and just up the road.Come on Vale lets hit the town in numbers and cheer the boys on.

We are 19th in the table having our worst season in around 35 years yet your expecting people flock to this away game be lucky if 500 go wether its a new ground for people or not.

We are 19th in the table having our worst season in around 35 years yet your expecting people flock to this away game be lucky if 500 go wether its a new ground for people or not.

Thats the spirit. The league table since Aspin took over has up in 13 place and thats with going over a dozen games without a win.

I think we'll take close to 1k for this game as we not played at their place for 15 years and it is a decent away game..

Thats the spirit. The league table since Aspin took over has up in 13 place and thats with going over a dozen games without a win.

I think we'll take close to 1k for this game as we not played at their place for 15 years and it is a decent away game..

The only draw back is the ridiculous time it takes to get there on train,(which is rare)but for £17 rtn,not a bad shout.

I tried to do a bit of a fag packet calculation on the basis of the six pointers still left to be played and I reckon the mathematical safety mark is currently at 49 points, and that's a worst case scenario with Forest Green beating Luton and Yeovil away and losing to Chesterfield and Grimsby at home. Three of FGR's next four games should see them either lose points or pull away themselves whilst kicking other teams down near the bottom.

I don't know if anyone has noticed either but a three goal defeat for Yeovil at Accrington tomorrow night would see us climb a place without kicking a ball.

I tried to do a bit of a fag packet calculation on the basis of the six pointers still left to be played and I reckon the mathematical safety mark is currently at 49 points, and that's a worst case scenario with Forest Green beating Luton and Yeovil away and losing to Chesterfield and Grimsby at home. Three of FGR's next four games should see them either lose points or pull away themselves whilst kicking other teams down near the bottom.

I don't know if anyone has noticed either but a three goal defeat for Yeovil at Accrington tomorrow night would see us climb a place without kicking a ball.

I noticed but that might be because I spend far too much time reviewing the league 2 table and all of its dark secrets. It has developed into a bit of a problem over the last few months, trying to extrapolate all of the potential outcomes and trying to figure out if a draw, at Crewe for example, was actually a good result.

Can't wait, another new one for me, & actually really looking forward to it without the nagging feeling of relegation looming in the background if we don't pull a result from somewhere, probably for about the first time in about 15 months. UTV!

Archived