onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite in talks with buyers who want to buy the club while he owns the ground

robf

5727 average in the season he arrived in League 2 compared with 4508 currently for this season. Enough said.

As you say last season was 4813, almost 1000 down on the season he arrived and as you point out those big boys filled the away end last year. Even more proof.

In the five seasons Smurf has been in charge the average attendance so far has been 5,180.

In the five previous seasons from 2008/09 to 2012/13 the average was 5,308.

Advert

In the five seasons Smurf has been in charge the average attendance so far has been 5,180.

In the five previous seasons from 2008/09 to 2012/13 the average was 5,308.

More seasons in League 1 after Smurf arrived therefore much bigger away followings and yet the average is still lower than in League 2 with MOLD. Plus we had Starve em’ out before when v2001 in charge. Last season by your own admission was c.4800 even with big followings from Coventry City, Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers. 5300-4800 = 500 so without the additional away followings for those four seasons in League 1 that difference would have been far more.

Exactly personally I think it was all about raising their own profile not buying PvFC or they would have been back by now

Why would a company that has customers all over the world feel it necessary to raise their profile in Burslem???

They would actually own the club now if Norman hadn't thrown a wobbler over the club shop issue.

Synetics I doubt will buy the club from Norman. I think the most likely scenario is if the club are back in admin and they may make a knock down bid.

That’s the biggest problem. Norman wants a fortune for something he got for nearly nothing. He described the club as a “charity” at that ridiculous meeting he held.

Synectics are only willing to buy the club for what they consider it worth.Actually as he only paid 1.2 m and it was in a worse position than when he took over they were probably right.

As previously stated the best time was before Aspin was bought in and he was worried the club might fall out of the league and be worth nothing.

Unfortunately Aspin managed to turn things round and stop the rot.

Norman must think it is El Dorado for him with the added bonus of the Hugill windfall.He can still carry on milking the club and squirrelling the money away as payback for his supposed loans to his other companies.

Actually the budget for the last two years was ok but Baldrick Brown wasted it with his bizarre signings.

I think Aspin will spend it more wisely and hopefully bring in quality rather than quantity.

Why would a company that has customers all over the world feel it necessary to raise their profile in Burslem???

They would actually own the club now if Norman hadn't thrown a wobbler over the club shop issue.

Yeah but let’s be honest synetics having a decent business reputation isn’t raising their local profile at all to people not in that industry. How many vale fans didn’t even know the name synetics before they tried to buy the club. I certainly didn’t

Yeah but let’s be honest synetics having a decent business reputation isn’t raising their local profile at all to people not in that industry. How many vale fans didn’t even know the name synetics before they tried to buy the club. I certainly didn’t

You still don't!:laugh:

More seasons in League 1 after Smurf arrived therefore much bigger away followings and yet the average is still lower than in League 2 with MOLD. Plus we had Starve em’ out before when v2001 in charge. Last season by your own admission was c.4800 even with big followings from Coventry City, Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers. 5300-4800 = 500 so without the additional away followings for those four seasons in League 1 that difference would have been far more.

So according to those figures we have less home fans when we are League One than when we are in a league lower?

We were also in League One between 2003/04 and 2007/08 when guess what,our average attendance was 4,918.As I've said many times before we are a 5K club when we are in the bottom two leagues.It doesn't matter who's in charge.The only time it's increased is when we were in the Championship.

It would be nice to have some figures for just the home fans to settle this argument.

Until then I think the statement about us losing 1000 fans over the last five years is OTT.

But you know about them now so their local profile must have raised. :wink:

I think Donald Trump is very comparable to Norman.

One claims to be a successful businessman but lacks the gravitas and experience required for their role. Says they have the backing of the majority of the supporters but when asked the majority of those supporters state they didn't vote for him. Has a poor record in recruiting key staff regularly appointing the wrong person. When questioned he attacks the questioner rather than answering the valid question. When inconsistencies are pointed out backed up by hard facts they are glibly dismissed as Fake News.

The other is Donald Trump.

I think Donald Trump is very comparable to Norman.

One claims to be a successful businessman but lacks the gravitas and experience required for their role. Says they have the backing of the majority of the supporters but when asked the majority of those supporters state they didn't vote for him. Has a poor record in recruiting key staff regularly appointing the wrong person. When questioned he attacks the questioner rather than answering the valid question. When inconsistencies are pointed out backed up by hard facts they are glibly dismissed as Fake News.

The other is Donald Trump.

:laugh: :clap::thumbs:

Even one of his staunchest defenders has gone very quiet recently for some reason.Not many more disciples left.

Archived