onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnet tickets

MattW

We bought 4 tickets to Barnet last week. We have been informed by Barnet that NO REFUND will be offered, even though we won’t be able to make a Tuesday game. This has really angered me. I’ve emailed them my disappointment.

Even virgin trains have refunded us our unused rail tickets.

Advert

We bought 4 tickets to Barnet last week. We have been informed by Barnet that NO REFUND will be offered, even though we won’t be able to make a Tuesday game. This has really angered me. I’ve emailed them my disappointment.

This is a very poor attitude from Barnet. Did you buy print at home tickets, Matt? If so, there is nothing on the ticket nor is there anything on their website that I can see stating that their policy is not to refund in the event of a postponement. You bought a ticket for a service which they were unable to supply - a match on 3rd March. As they are not yet in a position to tell you when the service will be provided, I would be inclined to email them again and suggest that you will be taking he matter further with your lawyers if you don't receive a satisfactory response. Worth a try.

There's a news story that I can't put the link in for but the oft said they can't do that.unsure if still true....link may work

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds-oft

Great spot, LV. Put a link to this article in your next email, Matt. I know Vale have refunded folk who can't attend the rearranged Exeter game.

Shocking that, I'd be right pi***d off if that'd happened to me. As Jacko says email them and add the link, you must be able to get your cash back and I hope that you do.

Jacko, they were print at home tickets. Just saw it as easier for all involved including Barnet. It’s a very poor show. I never once thought they’d refuse a refund. It seems totally reasonable to expect one if the fixture is postponed and moved to a date where we cannot physically go.

Refunds section on EFL website doesn't mention much unfortunately. I assume that means it's down to the individual clubs to set the remainder of the rules.

Send it to the local media, bad publicity should change their mind if it gets attention. I'm sure when Swindon-Bristol Rovers was called off halfway through the game a while back, Swindon tried to pull the same trick, but I think they caved eventually due to pressure from fans/media etc?4b10da71d94cdcbcde55eae1937d4dab.jpg

“Access to refunds: Exchanges are offered, not refunds - unless there are extenuating circumstances, which are agreed by the Ticket Office and the ticket is returned to the Ticket Office not later than 24 hours prior to the game.”

just a thought , wonder if you would be able to claim via credit card if they paid this way online

Archived