onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnet tickets

MattW

I emailed every single address I could find on their website, like 10 minutes after the postponement was announced. Not one reply.

I therefor emailed them again yesterday, still not a single reply.

Perhaps people say Vale offer poor service, but I've never ever in 38 years, experienced such an arrogant lack of "service", as Barnet are (not) providing!

Maybe the Vale ticket office isn't running at lightning speed, but they've helped me every single time I've contacted them, without exception!

I see their e-ticket states "no refunds", but as the game is postponed, how can they just expect people to travel across the country or abroad (like me), whenever they see fit?

Advert

I emailed every single address I could find on their website, like 10 minutes after the postponement was announced. Not one reply.

I therefor emailed them again yesterday, still not a single reply.

Perhaps people say Vale offer poor service, but I've never ever in 38 years, experienced such an arrogant lack of "service", as Barnet are (not) providing!

Maybe the Vale ticket office isn't running at lightning speed, but they've helped me every single time I've contacted them, without exception!

I see their e-ticket states "no refunds", but as the game is postponed, how can they just expect people to travel across the country or abroad (like me), whenever they see fit?

if as jacko said you cancel at least 24hrs before game you should push this

Non league attitude from a non league club.

Just a poor attitude from a poor club...Newport were just as bad when they switched our match to a Friday night...

Non league clubs..much better attitude...e.g Eastleigh v Chester

“Fans who have purchased tickets in advance are entitled to a full refund and this will be available from the club shop.

Should fans wish to keep their tickets, these will be okay to use for the re-arranged game or for another league game of your choice. The club will make no further comment on this issue.”

Nice one Matt pre-empted my post.

I was one of the lads going with Matt, i have spoken with and e-mailed Barnet about a dozen times. The ticket office manager finally called me yesterday , Tom Webster and pretty much said the tickets are valid for the re-arranged game, which incidentally he told me was planned for next Tuesday 13th .

Having told him due to work commitments etc he said he understood that but the T & C on the website confirm no refund.

I remained as calm as i could and told him it was very poor fare to treat fans like this.

I have seen on the news before stuff like concerts cancelled due to the singers voice etc and refunds are offered if people can't attend any new date.

Those of you who have suggested contacting the EFL , i did so last year when the Millwall game was moved to a Sunday very late on as i think they played Oxford on Sky on a Thursday in the Checkatrade, might be wrong there ?

Again we had bought advance train tickets, the EFL gave a bland statement saying all fixtures are subject to change blah blah blah.

I also e-mailed a query when we had about 4 Saturday clashes with Stoke, and asked why it wouldn't happen with Liverpool/ Everton, United/City, Wednesday/ Blades etc. Again a bland reply blaming the computer pretty much. So i wouldn't hold much hope of the EFL giving a toss.

At the end of the day lower league fans are the lifeblood of football and to treat folk this way stinks.

I have never really had any feelings over Barnet FC , pretty much a non entity when we play them. However now having had dealings with them they are smug, arrogant and obnoxious in the extreme....quite apt that Mr Westley is their manager really

I'm trying, but that sort of requires a reply from Barnet :sad:

Danish this is the number, 02083 813800. Then press option 5. The ticket office manager is called Tom Webster, the rest of the staff either don't have a brain cell between them or just fob it all off to him .

Maybe bring it to the attention of the FSF.

I rang Radio Stoke last night Santa to see if they would pass my number on to Mark Porter , maybe people like Mark carry more clout .

Either roads they are now a pretty despicable poxy club now in my book !!

The ticket office manager finally called me yesterday , Tom Webster and pretty much said the tickets are valid for the re-arranged game, which incidentally he told me was planned for next Tuesday 13th .

Next Tuesday, thats a pity if it is, could have done with it in April when hopefully Pope is fit.

Next Tuesday, thats a pity if it is, could have done with it in April when hopefully Pope is fit.

Nothing announced yet but that is what he told me on the phone. Seems strange that Vale would want it right after another humdinger at Grimsby and surely is a mutual agreement.

With less than a week's notice? Would seem a bit late now surely...

27th isn't a great day for either team too as we have our massive BH weekend coming up, & Barnet have a pretty big one too (Crewe & Stevenage). Loads of free weeks for both in April though, would be better for both IMO.

Not sure how the EFL looks at this though. Does it have to be the first possible opening for both teams? Or are we allowed to hold off on it?

Confirmed for next week 13th March 8pm KO

Club Statement:

The EFL have confirmed our previously postponed fixture against Barnet Football Club, will now be played in six days time, at 8pm on Tuesday 13th March.

An EFL executive decision was made to play the fixture on the 13th. Port Vale Football Club are disappointed by the decision, and do not agree with the EFL and Barnet Football Club's wishes to play the fixture so soon but have no choice but to follow it.

Our CEO, Colin Garlick, respectfully requested full and further consideration to rearrange the fixture for a later date. Rule 28.1 states the game should be played at the "earliest reasonable opportunity."

The club feel the players health and welfare has been not been taken into consideration. Due to the recent adverse weather conditions, the players have been unable to take part in reasonable training for over two weeks, and are now expected to play two away games within three days. We believe it to be unreasonable in the circumstances particularly when there is a reasonable option in April, that suits the fixture, supporters and players.

Port Vale Football Club would also like to stress that we little feel consideration has been given to supporters in trying to reschedule the game for next week when other dates were available. We feel it is unacceptable our fans are now expected to travel to two away games within three days, when there are other reasonable options available.

We sincerely apologise to all Port Vale supporters with tickets for this fixture, who have been effected by the new date set. We have asked Barnet Football Club for more details with regards to refunds, and we are awaiting confirmation.

Archived