onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

May's deal isn't perfect but it's a lot closer to the Brexit that was voted for than any of the options proposed for 'indicative votes' in HOC.

How do you know what "the Brexit that was voted for" is? Was it written down somewhere? If so please let me know where as I'd love to see it.

Advert

In all honesty, no I can't.

But neither can I name my local councillors or most of the Cabinet.

Despite the EU suddenly becoming the most important issue in the world we've never actually afforded it much publicity, apart from attempting to disparage everything it's ever done for us. EU elections were neglected by the press and media and largely ignored. I think in the last general election only about 5% of voters mentioned the EU as one of their pressing concerns, far below subjects like education, pay, jobs, the NHS, crime, transport, the environment, etc. So it's never been at the forefront of people's minds.

You haven't answered the question,one will do.Be honest like the Sage.
I only knew there were 7 by looking it up so none had I heard of, as for my MPs I remember none between Lawson and Costa who resigned for voting with the Govt.

Guest TommyMac
How do you know what "the Brexit that was voted for" is? Was it written down somewhere? If so please let me know where as I'd love to see it.

Well if you don't know, you obviously weren't paying attention.

These new votes about what brexit should look like should have happened 2 years ago, not when there are a few weeks to go. It’s pointless. There are four options, that’s it:

1: mays deal (if you want brexit to happen within the deadline this is your option).

2: no deal (the ‘watch the world burn just because my identity is too closely entwined with winning brexit’ option)

3: A second referendum

4: A much longer delay (we are talking a couple of years) and starting from scratch.

These new votes about what brexit should look like should have happened 2 years ago, not when there are a few weeks to go. It’s pointless. There are four options, that’s it:

1: mays deal (if you want brexit to happen within the deadline this is your option).

2: no deal (the ‘watch the world burn just because my identity is too closely entwined with winning brexit’ option)

3: A second referendum

4: A much longer delay (we are talking a couple of years) and starting from scratch.

Or option 5 (the sensible one), Revoke Article 50

Guest TommyMac
But I've woken up now. Can you help me overcome my ignorance.

I tell you what, instead of playing games I posted the answer to your question earlier in this thread. See if you can stay awake long enough to find it.

Have posted the same, none of the Leave voters had any idea what leaving the EU would involve, what it would entail, what it would cost and what the complications would be, I doubt many MP's knew and that includes the PM and cabinet Ministers.

Did anyone know an open Irish border was part of the Good Friday agreement before they voted.

That's not meant to diss Leave voters but leaving the EU has never been done before, voting leave was a vote in the dark.

We have indeed wasted a lot of time - thanks to the intransigence of May and her reluctance to make it more of a cross party issue.

Whatever you voted for it's looking like a botched deal now and one that few people really want. Time is no longer on our side and it really does appear as if we'll end up with something that is flawed and fudged because of time constraints.

Unbelievable really that after three years we are still arguing the toss about what we ought to be doing and have failed totally to plan it in a sensible, co-operative manner that might have begun to heal the wounds.

Rees-Mogg was calling May's deal a slave's charter a few weeks ago and listed 6 reasons why he couldn't vote for it, as well as trying to force her out of office. Now I see he reckons he might vote for May after all. You could not make it up.

Have posted the same, none of the Leave voters had any idea what leaving the EU would involve, what it would entail, what it would cost and what the complications would be, I doubt many MP's knew and that includes the PM and cabinet Ministers.

So there we have it...Leave voters didn't know what they were voting for and yet Cameron had to offer a referendum or lose votes to UKIP...again because people didn't know what they were voting for. 17.4 Million all stupid and thick according to you

Did anyone know an open Irish border was part of the Good Friday agreement before they voted.

The Irish issue was not one any leaver considered and you know it

That's not meant to diss Leave voters but leaving the EU has never been done before, voting leave was a vote in the dark.

Denying the obvious and then defending it by pointing out the obvious in a way which condescends and patronises leave voters.

And there we have it...the true arrogance of a remainder

I assume some of it was in the leaflets distributed by the government to every houshold... once in a lifetime blah blah blah..... I assume it was the opposite of what the remainers were voting for.. In that same information.

It's a little like asking what were people voting to join in the 70s...... it certainly isn't what they got.

Mays deal isn't about our future relationship with the EU, that process hasn't even started yet... so the multitude of stories about what we won't be able to do are just theory at the moment... the deal being voted on is just the divorce settlement.

I would suggest the question was based around do we want to sever ties with Europe.... the ties that bind us... the ECJ, free movement, common policies etcetera ... the answer was yes.... isn't that what the leaflet suggested?

Archived