onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

I think there's next to no chance of us getting zero tariff trading with the EU once we leave. If we go out with no deal I can only envisage disaster which will take years to recover from, that's why it's imperative our government stop trying to please every faction of the Brexit side and negotiate a sensible trade exit deal. If we're leaving it's better to extract ourselves over time rather than go for the confrontational out at all costs approach which will hurt our economy big time.

Advert

Also, to be clear, I still really, really don't want to leave. I'm a European and leaving to me feels like it would if, say, Staffordshire or the West Midlands withdrew from England or the UK. However, I think we will go ahead because of the referendum result but I can also imagine their being a time when we wish to rejoin.

Also, to be clear, I still really, really don't want to leave. I'm a European and leaving to me feels like it would if, say, Staffordshire or the West Midlands withdrew from England or the UK. However, I think we will go ahead because of the referendum result but I can also imagine their being a time when we wish to rejoin.
I cant remember how the people of Wolverhampton coped with being transferred from Staffordshire to the West Midlands, have they ever asked to come back? Off topic I know, but Brexit is depressing.

Hopefully we can clutch a no deal from the jaws of defeat.

Justice.

All I can say to that is if that's what you really want you must be nuts.

What on earth you think the outcome of a no deal exit will be I can't imagine, unless you actually want a recession, in which case any sane person would have to question your motivation.

Does anyone really think a country of 60 odd million people is going to negotiate the same or better trade deals with the USA, China, India, Brazil etc than being part of a block of 450 odd million people.

The project fear is starting to become project reality. During the last 18 months the world economy has grown at an unprecedented rate yet out of the G7 countries the growth of the UK economy has fallen from first to last, the value of the pound against the dollar remains stubbornly low post Brexit and the uncertainty about possible interest rate rises continues.

By voting for Brexit the probability is the UK has has voted to make itself poorer.

Hopefully we can clutch a no deal from the jaws of defeat.

Justice.

There are members of the Conservative party who are intent on delivering Brexit at any cost that they give no consideration to the implications for their constituents or the UK. They will risk a Corbyn government and if that happens the proposed reduction in the rate of immigration into the UK will not happen.

There are members of the Conservative party who are intent on delivering Brexit at any cost that they give no consideration to the implications for their constituents or the UK. They will risk a Corbyn government and if that happens the proposed reduction in the rate of immigration into the UK will not happen.
All Mps have been told to deliver brexit... whether they want it or not, whether there constituents want it or not.... that's democracy in action.

Does anyone really think a country of 60 odd million people is going to negotiate the same or better trade deals with the USA, China, India, Brazil etc than being part of a block of 450 odd million people.

The project fear is starting to become project reality. During the last 18 months the world economy has grown at an unprecedented rate yet out of the G7 countries the growth of the UK economy has fallen from first to last, the value of the pound against the dollar remains stubbornly low post Brexit and the uncertainty about possible interest rate rises continues.

By voting for Brexit the probability is the UK has has voted to make itself poorer.

Don't expect an answer from the Brexit voting lot there do you? They won't answer that. As they can't. They might just reply "loads of countries want to deal with GREAT BRITAIN" but won't explain why.

The very fact Regal Beagle made the post that a no deal would be justice explains the kinds of people they are; deluded, uninformed and extremely selfish. UK is going down the pan even more than it has while blokes like RB et al on here are spun a load of lies.

I am so happy I am not as thick to make a statement such as a No Deal will be justice.

Don't expect an answer from the Brexit voting lot there do you? They won't answer that. As they can't. They might just reply "loads of countries want to deal with GREAT BRITAIN" but won't explain why.

The very fact Regal Beagle made the post that a no deal would be justice explains the kinds of people they are; deluded, uninformed and extremely selfish. UK is going down the pan even more than it has while blokes like RB et al on here are spun a load of lies.

I am so happy I am not as thick to make a statement such as a No Deal will be justice.

Strange beast justice... people were not asked to vote on a deal.. hard, soft, none are all arguments used by politicians.

Yes,but how then will the EU replace the divorce bill?

I'm shocked! Good question. Like it or lump it, being part of something as complex as the EU we will 100% have financial commitments to AGREED allocation of budgets as an example to various different things over X amount of years! Not to mention all the other stuff, that again we agreed too as a member state. Those who shout "no Deal" demonstrate the behaviour of a spoilt brat playing football in the street with the other kids, who runs off with his football when things don't go their way so no one else can play.

I think that a No Deal will mean we will still pay a divorce settlement but then are left in complete chaos with the EU doing their best to cause it as a retaliation. We will have little options for trade. A collective union like that (who already have everything they need in place) will be able to survive longer than us and will be able to relocate business into the EU and beat us in the long run. They'll probably try and intercept any trade deals we try to do by offering better terms and a bigger market which means more growth potential and consider in a few decades a lot of EU economies will have developed significantly (some not) so as a balancing act they can take more hardship than we could through a no deal. Really dangerous. A no deal would guarantee less investment in employment etc based on the uncertainty around the UK business regulations and direction (and a lot are organisations owned by individuals coming from EU member states, who will be incentivisted to relocate by the EU) leaving millions of young people looking for work.

That's for starters...

I reckon the Brexit lot on here would be screaming to go to war with a country that would walk away from us in a circumstance like this 😂

If a no deal is what it takes to leave the EU then so it should be. That’s democracy.
No, it's madness disguised under a shroud of democracy. Not all leave voters are mad enough to cut their nose off to spite their face, add them to remain supporters and where does the democracy of a no deal lie then?

As has been pointed out many times in this thread no one voted for a brutal no deal Brexit, it was a simple leave or stay, utterly stupid considering the complexity of the issue.

Strange beast justice... people were not asked to vote on a deal.. hard, soft, none are all arguments used by politicians.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-44966969

The injustice here is for the UK population. That these kind of messages were allowed to be used for a political campaign. They are complete lies, the fact they stand up as acceptable political campaigning in the UK highlights how uninformed we have become collectively as a nation. The Remain side did nothing to pull these up and as a result deservedly lost the referendum, a sensationalised lie will beat the modest truth most times in democracy. Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence could have ripped that Leave campaign to shreds and I do still wonder why no one did. It's only after the vote that the reasoning behind Remain has really come forward and I'm sure many Leave voters here would agree that there has been very little positives or tangible benefits that have been highlighted from the Brexit politicians or papers since winning the referendum.

If we had planned properly, fair enough and I'd accept any outcome as I knew what was going on properly. But we didn't. Even if it was based on % of voters, for example if it was 60% Leave then a hard Brexit could be employed. 50% Leave then Medium (if that is possible). 40% Leave then soft Brexit. As an example. At least we would have a better idea of how things got to the situation they are in now.

Archived