onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

I wonder what's the fans feelings towards the manager would be if it were someone different than Aspin?
Obviously different, but any manager with his heart in the club, who explains a game without waffle, will be given respect. It will take a few games for the new players worthy of a place to gel, confidence can be elusive and maybe more easily found away, without the home pressure.

Advert

Ok I'll say it, but recent performances are no better than Browns,tactically it seems to take 45mins to decide what we need to do,I can tell the management that playing Pope up front on his own IS NOT WORKING,I can also tell them that our recruitment policy using Browns scatter gun approach is ALSO NOT WORKING.

The common denominator is the owner.

We’ve changed managers and the same things are still going wrong. Maybe we need to look at a different variable.

I don’t think Aspo is a poor manager but he’s having to shop in the same bargain bin as the others.

Aspin knows he has a difficult task but at least he changes things during a game to improve things.Jules was abysmal and it is obvious why Shrewsbury wanted to get rid as he is very poor technically and attitude wise.Although Pugh has had a lot of stick I think it's because Montano and Whitfield don't track back that leaves him exposed.At least today Hanant helped cover on the left.The thing I don't like is that we have gone back to leaving Pope isolated up front and keep hoofing hopeful balls forward.Both Worrall and Whitfield were playing too deep and not giving support.Teams know if they put two players on Pope it stops him scoring.Last home match Worrall was busy and trying to score but this week it was as if the ball was red hot and he couldn't wait to pass it instead of going for goal.At home we need two up front because most teams come to shut up shop and waste time hoping to pinch a goal.

We have done better at home when teams have come to play football instead of frustrating us with negative tactics.It was nice to see Charlie Raglan back he has improved considerably and was organising the defence and seems to be a good replacement for Tom Anderson.

George Andrews rates Jules is a talent and will go on to play at a higher level and most of Vale fans should not be blaming him for the majority of the problems that have happened in the last few games.This was stated by the football wizard at ht in discussion between 5 of us today.

I think Aspin needs to revert to a basic 4-4-2. Next game I'd go:

Lainton

Pugh-Smith-Raglan-Gibbons

Whitfield-Kay-Hannant-Worrall

Forrester-Pope

I’m going to say that Whitfield is doing nothing to warrant a starting place in the side. We can’t keep waiting forever and hope his form of Sept returns.

My take on the match. Firstly, and importantly, it is simply not possible to play on the ground football on such a poor playing surface. And that is not a criticism of Speedy That's why, I believe, we should be playing two up front to capitalise on any knock downs from the high balls. That is always assuming we win a ball in the air.

Whitfield is not fit. During the pre match warm up, he was showing a slight limp as he went to sign an autograph. He was limping after every tackle and still showed great effort in attempting to run forward with the ball and take on their defenders.

Compare that with Jules. After 25 minutes of poor full back ability, he received a right royal rollicking off Lainton, and spent the rest of the half sulking, yes, sulking. A quite awful attitude.

Great praise for Lainton who was probably our man of the match with several excellent saves.

We need to change our style of play.Sick of saying it.Pandering to one players’ needs is not the way forward.Tom needs to be more flexible.When he’s double marked it’s too easy for teams.He needs to have a look at some Martin Foyle videos on how to create space by taking defenders away with him from the middle.Same old ,same old ,I’m afraid.

Ok here me marks

Lainton 6 a couple of good saves but as the game wore on nowt do .

Gibbons 5 he certainly is giving the ball away a lot but he was ok .

Raglan 7 solid good player he did well and got better as the game went on .

Smith 6 Much better today was considerably better once Jules went off .

Jules 2 abysmal no confidence and didnt go anything right and was a obvious weak link as Morecambe were exploiting him often

Worrall 4 not effective i thought he was quite poor to be honest.

Kay 5 he does some things well but i think Tonge needs a more mobile player playing aside him .

Tonge 7 passed it well ,bit disrespectful to boo the lad he hardly played badly at least he can pass the ball .

Hannant 6 shame he didnt score and he did a lot of good work i felt especially second half

Pope 6 held it up did his best but was well marshalled ,unlucky not score with that header in second half after good inter play down the right forget who put the ball in but shame it hit the post and not the net.

Whitfield 5 i think he should have being left on as he hardly did anything wrong its just Jules was having such a stinker he couldnt afdect the game because all the other 9 outfield players couldnt trust him do his job creating uncertainty throughout the team.

Subs

Forrester 5

Pugh 6 we looked so much better as a team once he replaced Jules .

Wilson 6.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived