onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2017-18

robf

Advert

Just watching Shrews v West Ham,apparently the Hammers are playing their strongest team according to Moyes.So we have the likes of Arnautovic,Lanzini,Cresswell,Collins,

Zabaleta and Adrian all injured.Give us a break Dave and tell us the truth.

Doddsy and Psycho both on the bench.😁

Just watching Shrews v West Ham,apparently the Hammers are playing their strongest team according to Moyes.So we have the likes of Arnautovic,Lanzini,Cresswell,Collins,

Zabaleta and Adrian all injured.Give us a break Dave and tell us the truth.

Doddsy and Psycho both on the bench.

To the older generation like myself, the FA Cup was one of the highlights of the season. Indeed home ties generally attracted one of the highest attendances of the season irrespective of the opposition. Now we’ve come to selling tickets for these matches near half price in an attempt to attract anyone at all. Why is this ? Exactly the point made above. Managers treating the fans and the competition itself with contempt by fielding weakened sides. Yet something else ruined by the Greed Is Good League.

To the older generation like myself, the FA Cup was one of the highlights of the season. Indeed home ties generally attracted one of the highest attendances of the season irrespective of the opposition. Now we’ve come to selling tickets for these matches near half price in an attempt to attract anyone at all. Why is this ? Exactly the point made above. Managers treating the fans and the competition itself with contempt by fielding weakened sides. Yet something else ruined by the Greed Is Good League.

Yep sad, used to love home replays on a Monday night at Vale Park, atmosphere was brilliant.

Easy fix though, give a Champions League place to the winners.

Can't believe no-one has commented about that ridiculous VAR business. We have now had one game in the FA Cup played under effectively different rules from all the others. What is that all about? Also it alters the whole dynamic of the game. Previously if the assistant referee flagged for offside it didn't matter if the attacking side put the ball into the net. Now we are undermining the assistant referee by taking away the decision making from him. Also the defenders now have to keep going even if the flag is up in case it is overuled despite years of stopping which will be very hard for them. I felt the whole game was played with a lot more restraint than you would expect for an M23 derby because everyone felt under the microscope including the ref. Best of all was that the goal was possibly handball but the replays couldn't give a definite answer anyway. Rubbish idea.

I think there's many reasons. Pre-Sky TV, nearly all FA Cup games were played on a Saturday and occasionally Sunday. It now takes place from Fridays to Mondays - so the sense of occasion is gone.

The ridiculous situation of the semi's being at Wembley means the magic of the Cup has gone.

The obsession with staying in the Money League means the Cup represents very little to the overseas investors - the importance of the Cup has gone.

Meanwhile the BBC try to give us a cringy trailer with a bizarre rap about the FA Cup!

If I was charged with restoring the FA Cup I would reverse points 1 and 2 above (and 3 if it was possible so that people who appreciate honours over profits ran clubs).

I would do far more promotion of the Cup matches in advance, and with visits to schools and youth clubs with a replica Cup.

It's a fantastic Cup but it's fading fast - and make no mistake, if Mourinho and Wenger etc could get rid of it they would do so tomorrow.

I think there's many reasons. Pre-Sky TV, nearly all FA Cup games were played on a Saturday and occasionally Sunday. It now takes place from Fridays to Mondays - so the sense of occasion is gone.

The ridiculous situation of the semi's being at Wembley means the magic of the Cup has gone.

The obsession with staying in the Money League means the Cup represents very little to the overseas investors - the importance of the Cup has gone.

Meanwhile the BBC try to give us a cringy trailer with a bizarre rap about the FA Cup!

If I was charged with restoring the FA Cup I would reverse points 1 and 2 above (and 3 if it was possible so that people who appreciate honours over profits ran clubs).

I would do far more promotion of the Cup matches in advance, and with visits to schools and youth clubs with a replica Cup.

It's a fantastic Cup but it's fading fast - and make no mistake, if Mourinho and Wenger etc could get rid of it they would do so tomorrow.

I doubt it,other than the Carabou Cup it's their only way of winning a trophy?😂

The best idea would be to jettison the Greed Is Good League into outer space in one of Branson’s (with him in it) spaceships and then maybe, just maybe, we could get the game back that I fell in love with in the 60’s.

Always thought the FA Cup lost something when replays stopped happening the Mon, Tues, Wed after the initial meeting. There was still a buzz from the original game, when the replay is played 9, 10 or 11 days later that buzz has gone and it's more like another game.

Archived