onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2017-18

robf

Remember the draw at Boothferry Park in the 70s, which was a fantastic result for us at the time.

Remember seeing grown men crying.

That was the game when after our late equaliser their ‘keeper said following an arial challenge from, I think, Ken Beamish, that he thought “The Stand had fell on him”. Great days

Advert

Remember the draw at Boothferry Park in the 70s, which was a fantastic result for us at the time.

Remember seeing grown men crying.

Incidentally Conrad, just to prove my point about the FA Cup, that replay against Hull attracted 10,668 spectators to Vale Park. And the 4th Round home victory against Burnley attracted 18,068 ! And the 5th Round at Villa Park drew a whopping 46,872, of which no doubt me and you were the two ! What would that game attract now ? Almost certainly less than a third of that. And that would be with heavily discounted ticket prices.

Incidentally Conrad, just to prove my point about the FA Cup, that replay against Hull attracted 10,668 spectators to Vale Park. And the 4th Round home victory against Burnley attracted 18,068 ! And the 5th Round at Villa Park drew a whopping 46,872, of which no doubt me and you were the two ! What would that game attract now ? Almost certainly less than a third of that. And that would be with heavily discounted ticket prices.

Yes you’re right I was at Villa Park for that game, I would say that game now, in the 5th round would attract about half that figure.

Just been watching the Leicester v Fleetwood game. Half ground closed, Foxes (or Filberts in my eyes) virtual reserve side. The FA Cup is dead. Murdered by the Greed Is Good League. I am sick to the few back teeth that I have left of foreigners ruining our national game. I don’t damn well care about the precocious Champions League, but I do care about our footballing heritage, of which the FA Cup is the pinnacle. If nobody who matters cares, then scrap the competition. Attendances now show you what people think. I realise that I may well be regarded by the younger generation as a moaning Old Duffer, but I HATE the Premier League and all concerned as it, in my Old Duffers view, has ruined the game I used to love. Whereas before I used to gorge on all Football matters, now all I care about is Vale and Vale alone. The people in charge at the FA & Football League should take a very serious look at themselves. Money is the root of all evil, and the Premier League has proved that beyond all doubt over the last quarter of a century.
Excellent post.Also add the media to it and that's the completed gang that's wrecked football.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I was at the Burnley match . What a great afternoon that was . When Vale scored the second I was on the Lorne St. Terraces , and I jumped up and down , but lost my wallet . A few seconds later , I got a tap on the shoulder and a chap gave it to me. Always remember that . Went mad at the disco in Burslem that night, and a Vale fan took off his club tie and gave it to me. That’s what the FA Cup is all about , days like that.

Your post about last night’s match is spot on.

Foreigners and fat cats have ruined it . It’s a terrible shame.

Just been watching the Leicester v Fleetwood game. Half ground closed, Foxes (or Filberts in my eyes) virtual reserve side. The FA Cup is dead. Murdered by the Greed Is Good League. I am sick to the few back teeth that I have left of foreigners ruining our national game. I don’t damn well care about the precocious Champions League, but I do care about our footballing heritage, of which the FA Cup is the pinnacle. If nobody who matters cares, then scrap the competition. Attendances now show you what people think. I realise that I may well be regarded by the younger generation as a moaning Old Duffer, but I HATE the Premier League and all concerned as it, in my Old Duffers view, has ruined the game I used to love. Whereas before I used to gorge on all Football matters, now all I care about is Vale and Vale alone. The people in charge at the FA & Football League should take a very serious look at themselves. Money is the root of all evil, and the Premier League has proved that beyond all doubt over the last quarter of a century.

Spot on.

The derby match between Brighton and Palace last week was very similar,a half-empty stadium with 14,000 attending.They've drained the life out of the competition.

Yes, but don't forget you can watch Arsenal v Sporting Bolukz of Tajikistan in the Europa League thanks to them winning the FA Cup.

Great result for Sam Morsey and Wigan, as he scores and they beat Bournemouth 3-0

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Bournemouth deserve all they get in the FA Cup.Last year they made eleven changes and lost to Millwall,this time they only made eight and lost to Wigan.Eddie Howe's brief is obviously to stay in the PL at all costs.

I should seriously consider withdrawing from the competition next year with this attitude because the fans are getting ripped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived