onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Vale fans, lets take as many as we can to Notts County tomorrow and help re-build the buzz and show our appreciation to the players and manager.

Trains are running every hour so getting there is not difficult at all. Same with the return journey home! That's decent considering it's New Year's Day!

If your considering going, then go! I have a good feeling about tomorrow although a draw would be a great result.

Play offs anyone? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Advert

IF Vale lose and I certainly don't want them to lose.I just hope everyone don't go in to suicide mode (not much point phoning the samaritans even then as they are extremely busy dealing with the Incinerator stadium lot)We have had a great run of games and results.Getting far more than was expected.To start the New year with a win at Notts County would be awesome.A draw would be OK.To lose would NOT be the end of the world.

So much this 👏👏

County know all about us. Apart from the obvious connections through our former players I was chatting to Mark Crossley, their youth coach, not long ago and he was well aware how we'd improved since Aspo arrived and said they viewed their victory at Vale Park as a close game. He was particularly interested in Tom Pope and how well he was performing against L2 defences now he isn't so isolated on his own up front. Obviously I tried not to big him up too much but County obviously know they have to stop Popey so I expect he'll be closely marshalled, which means our other players have to take advantage of any space created by that. This will be a tough game (again) and another good yardstick for us to gauge progress, especially as recent results have seriously eased the pressure on us.

County know all about us. Apart from the obvious connections through our former players I was chatting to Mark Crossley, their youth coach, not long ago and he was well aware how we'd improved since Aspo arrived and said they viewed their victory at Vale Park as a close game. He was particularly interested in Tom Pope and how well he was performing against L2 defences now he isn't so isolated on his own up front. Obviously I tried not to big him up too much but County obviously know they have to stop Popey so I expect he'll be closely marshalled, which means our other players have to take advantage of any space created by that. This will be a tough game (again) and another good yardstick for us to gauge progress, especially as recent results have seriously eased the pressure on us.[/Q

Great post. They'll be well aware of us and if they had us scouted on Satdee they'll know they have to put us on the back foot to get anything out of this game. Colchester tried to attack us in our last away game and yet we dominated them second half and we should really have won. We closed them down so effectively they couldn't get any pattern into their play.

This is the new Vale. If County want owt they'll have to outfight us for 90 minutes. Not an easy task - as Whitfield said after yesterday, "we ratted them all game". It will be tough but I'm sure none of the Vale players will even be thinking of a rest after our last few games.

It will be a great game. Wish I could be there. C'mon Vale - send a few more tremors through League 2.

The good thing is that we have options that could surprise them. We could go as with Saturdays formation, we could go with Barnett and Pope or we could bring in Gibbons and go with wing backs even. It’s not going to be an easy game by any stretch but things are looking positive for us.

vale proved against Coventry and Luton that we can compete with any team in this division so things could get even better come 5 00pm Saturday night.

Notts were very forunate to win at Vale Park early in the season.

We were in a terrible state then, it makes you shudder thinking about it

Notts County at home we pulverised them most of that game and i think that was the game Pope scored with a header but with having no goal technology it wasnt given .

So i have a feeling T Pope will score today and the Vale fans should be in magnificent voice.

I have a feeling it will end 1-1 but whatever the score hope they play well for the travelling supporters

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Team well it picks itself ,u might freshen it up but i wouldnt unless Gunning is going then its Anderson in for him .

If whitfield cannot play its Worrall in for him but otber than that u go with those players who are deserving of the shirt and thats the 11 who have won us both of the last two games fantastically .

Id go but to much money to be spent on car in Jan and im going Accrington on me first away day on 20th .

I just know the Vale fans r going make such a racket ,one of my favourite awaydays is Notts County .

I remember a 3-1 win there with Brooker 2 years ago the noise at the station will live with me happily in my memories forever it was magnificent .

1-0 last time we met too Marshall goal i think well was about 1100 Vale fans there and a fantastic away day on Charlies fun bus .

UTV enjoy every minute of it travelling faithful

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Thanks Aspo for making it enjoyable to be a Vale fan again. Very tough game today. NC showed their qualities the other week when they fought back from 0 3 to get a draw. Our magnificent demolition of Luton will make teams very wary of us. W8th Aspin in charge and Pope up front teams should be very afraid of us!

Be interesting team selection today. Whatever Aspin does, it usually seems to work. If it doesn't, he usually changes it at half time to make it work. I can't make it today but I'll be listening to SVA with pride. Up the Vale!

Archived