onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big money move for hugill?

carpetman123

It's a subject for another thread on another day. I stand by what I said though - Aspin and Rudge can only do the job with finance.

I would think that the care and expertise that have seen these 2 companies develop so successfully would not be risked on any bids for football clubs if the people bidding were not certain they have the correct resources, personnel and knowledge to at least retain league status.

You are right that Aspin and Rudge will need some finance, and it will be more than interesting to see exactly what support they get in January before perhaps speculating whether another owner would or could provide more.

One final point - if any possible windfall for Hugill is put back into the club as it should be, then would it matter who the owners were - the money should be available from that windfall anyway.

Advert

It is very difficult to know the true position of Preston. Dare they come out and say they will sell Hugill and accept £10m + without alienating the fan base. I know they have held off up to now but if a Premier club comes in with a £12-15m offer maybe it would be too good to refuse.

I must admit that I never thought he would ever be sold for this sort of money and thought the 25k we got was a good deal. There again that's why I sit in Lorne St munching my pie spouting rubbish.

It is very difficult to know the true position of Preston. Dare they come out and say they will sell Hugill and accept £10m + without alienating the fan base. I know they have held off up to now but if a Premier club comes in with a £12-15m offer maybe it would be too good to refuse.

I must admit that I never thought he would ever be sold for this sort of money and thought the 25k we got was a good deal. There again that's why I sit in Lorne St munching my pie spouting rubbish.

At this time of year surely you’re “sprouting rubbish” ! By the way is there the usual shortage of the disgusting vegetable again this year ?

At this time of year surely you’re “sprouting rubbish” ! By the way is there the usual shortage of the disgusting vegetable again this year ?

At the moment I'm eating a potato dinner with cauliflower and sprouts with beef slices and lashings of gravy,can't find anything disgusting about it delicious is the word.

Find me Smurf's business turnover and we can discuss.

No need. We know Smurf is supporting the club financially; whether in the form of 'director' s loans' is a matter for debate, but we're still going. My only question is whether either/ both of Manorshop or Synectics could do the same.

I know the two companies have their supporters, but haven't we been here before? I remember a vigorous campaign on social media to urge fans to write to the administrators to sell Vale to V2001. Once bitten twice shy.

We know Smurf is supporting the club financially; whether in the form of 'director' s loans' is a matter for debate

Actually it is not, it is in the accounts. What and how he is draining all commercial monies out of the club is a matter of debate. As nett, from his own accounts posted here, we have none.

Not a big sprouts fan but always force the obligatory few down me on Christmas day. However heard a conversation the other day on the radio where they suggested covering them in cheese sauce to mask the taste. That's the plan.

The best way to cook sprouts is to cut them in half and parboil them for about five minutes. While they are doing that chop up some streaky bacon and fry for a few minutes in a frying pan. Then drain the sprouts and hoy them in the frying pan with the bacon and stir them together. Lovely!

The best way to cook sprouts is to cut them in half and parboil them for about five minutes. While they are doing that chop up some streaky bacon and fry for a few minutes in a frying pan. Then drain the sprouts and hoy them in the frying pan with the bacon and stir them together. Lovely!

Add a few chestnuts in the pan with the bacon 😋 😋

Archived