onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big money move for hugill?

carpetman123

West Brom,Swansea,Newcastle,Everton,and dare i say Stoke need a goalscorer so come on you so called premier clubs spend the cash and go for hugill he has got to be a better bet to score than you have on your books at the moment.Lets have a bidding war take the plunge.

Advert

I work half the week out of Preston and know a couple of North End fans. They tell me that all this speculation is exactly that - speculation. Once Proud Preston have no intention of selling him so the figures quoted mean sweet FA. 20% of nothing is the same as 100% of nothing. NOTHING ! I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but circumstantial evidence would seem to indicate otherwise.

I work half the week out of Preston and know a couple of North End fans. They tell me that all this speculation is exactly that - speculation. Once Proud Preston have no intention of selling him so the figures quoted mean sweet FA. 20% of nothing is the same as 100% of nothing. NOTHING ! I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but circumstantial evidence would seem to indicate otherwise.

Stating the obvious but the player has the power not the club.if another club offer triple his wages...he'll be gone..

Get over it. If big money comes in Fat Man will just trouser it and knock it off his directors' loans. And keep running the club on a pittance. As he has done for the last few years. Which is why we are where we are....
I just hope that he trousers it and then clears off!

At the risk of turning a thread about Hugill into one about Norman Smurthwaite I should be careful about wanting him gone. If he goes who comes in? Synectics and Manorshop combined wouldn't be able to keep Vale up, let alone take them up.

At least Norman's bloodymindedness in wanting to put right what he got wrong will have some positive effect.

At the risk of turning a thread about Hugill into one about Norman Smurthwaite I should be careful about wanting him gone. If he goes who comes in? Synectics and Manorshop combined wouldn't be able to keep Vale up, let alone take them up.

At least Norman's bloodymindedness in wanting to put right what he got wrong will have some positive effect.

Thought Aspin and Rudge will keep Vale up?

A friend in Lancashire told me that the Lancashire Evening Post's main sports back page story a day or two ago was that Preston are trying all means possible to keep Hugill, and that Moult was not signed as a replacement but to strengthen their forward line.

This would seem to be sensible - you don't replace a £10m player with a £500k one generally.

I don't think we should count on any definite windfall, the player might well stay at Deepdale - depends on how desperate other clubs feel, but Wolves probably won't need him as they seem to be doing fine.

I won't divert this thread on to comments about Norman, but would politely ask the previous poster why he feels Synectics and Manorshop combined would not be able to keep Vale up - if they run the club well and with Rudge and Aspin in the management positions, they could well be a very successful proposition. Maybe that is for another thread though.

A friend in Lancashire told me that the Lancashire Evening Post's main sports back page story a day or two ago was that Preston are trying all means possible to keep Hugill, and that Moult was not signed as a replacement but to strengthen their forward line.

This would seem to be sensible - you don't replace a £10m player with a £500k one generally.

Of course they are going to say that. No club is going to come out and say we're looking to sell our prized asset.

I don't think we should count on any definite windfall, the player might well stay at Deepdale - depends on how desperate other clubs feel, but Wolves probably won't need him as they seem to be doing fine.

I won't divert this thread on to comments about Norman, but would politely ask the previous poster why he feels Synectics and Manorshop combined would not be able to keep Vale up - if they run the club well and with Rudge and Aspin in the management positions, they could well be a very successful proposition. Maybe that is for another thread though.

It's a subject for another thread on another day. I stand by what I said though - Aspin and Rudge can only do the job with finance.

And that is based on?

Of course they are going to say that. No club is going to come out and say we're looking to sell our prized asset.

I have to disagree, there are many instances of clubs accepting the inevitable and saying 'If the right bid comes along we will have to let the player progress etc....'.

For example, Andy Jones, Robbie Earle, Gareth Ainsworth and others at Vale going back a long way, and more recently some of the players that have come from Germany to the Premier League.

I don't think anyone should automatically assume that Hugill will leave Preston, especially if the bid comes from another club in a similar position like Leeds.

I may be wrong, I was just providing information - if it is allright with you, then people can and will make up their own minds how much notice to take of it.

Archived