onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Barnet

Fosse69

Nervy game, their goalkeeper made superb saves from Popey 1st half and Forrester 2nd. Great save and game changer by Boot to deny Barnett.

They came to waste time, frustrate, defend and nick one on the break, got their just deserts.

Being picky, vale do lack a bit of quality in the last third, lack someone who can shoot from outside the box but on the flip side look more solid at the back.

Gibbons reminds me of a young Seamus Coleman, superb effort by him.

Advert

Barnet got exactly what they deserved. 0 points.

I really enjoyed our timewasting in the last 5 minutes. Seeing as Barnet had been doing it brazenly for the first 80 it was justice and brilliant to rub in McGhee’s face. ****.

I’d be amazed if that referee doesn’t get suspended.

Pugh and Kay should never be in the same midfield at home, but needs must and at the moment we simply can't replace our most creative player in Ben Whitfield. We do need more quality in midfield going forward and I don't think Harness is the answer out wide, as he has zero end product, but had we had Aspin in charge at the beginning of the season we'd be comfortably sitting top 10 despite the above.

Biggest plus point from today was the defense, which now seems a real unit, and the fact that we stuck at it and got what we just about deserved with the penalty. Barnet are a very poor side but today they had the 'new manager' effect and there players probably ran that extra yard or two.

We'll play better and lose games of football but at the end of the day it's another win, and I don't think anyone can argue with Aspin's record for us thus far.

Oh, and what a cretin MickyFerns really is.

That game had 0-0 written all over it.Barnets game plan seemed be to be happy with a draw and to do a lot of time wasting.The ref was again a poor one.Dont think that the ref was even going the penalty till his assistant flagged for it even though it happened right in front of him.

4th game I've said this now but stop picking Pugh and Kay together. Especially at home, too negative for me.

Still another clean sheet and we look like we actually know what we're doing, looked like a draw but they got exactly what they deserved for some vile tactics.

Special mention to an utter useless ref and an utter Pratt mickyferns / Michael. You should embarrassed.

Up the vale

Barnet got exactly what they deserved. 0 points.

I really enjoyed our timewasting in the last 5 minutes. Seeing as Barnet had been doing it brazenly for the first 80 it was justice and brilliant to rub in McGhee’s face. ****.

I’d be amazed if that referee doesn’t get suspended.

The highlight of the refs performance was on 21mins when he made Vale take a free kick for offside from just inside the Barnet half - unbelievable!

He didn't give the penalty, it was the persistence of the linesman that forced his decision.

You're right, that was a remarkable 90minutes from the ref that must be punished.

The highlight of the refs performance was on 21mins when he made Vale take a free kick for offside from just inside the Barnet half - unbelievable!

He didn't give the penalty, it was the persistence of the linesman that forced his decision.

You're right, that was a remarkable 90minutes from the ref that must be punished.

That was actually one of the few decisions he got right. The rule has changed so you actually give the free kick from where the ball is played by the offside player. In theory you could be flagged offside in your own box if you can get back from an offside position quick enough to play the ball.

Hats off to the liner for sticking to his guns. Unbelievable that the ref didn't give it - however given his overall performance perhaps not!

Aspos Barmy Army:groupwavereversed::groupwavereversed:

That was actually one of the few decisions he got right. The rule has changed so you actually give the free kick from where the ball is played by the offside player. In theory you could be flagged offside in your own box if you can get back from an offside position quick enough to play the ball.

Hats off to the liner for sticking to his guns. Unbelievable that the ref didn't give it - however given his overall performance perhaps not!

Aspos Barmy Army:groupwavereversed::groupwavereversed:

You've lost me with that one as the player flagged offside never touched the ball?

Nervy game, their goalkeeper made superb saves from Popey 1st half and Forrester 2nd. Great save and game changer by Boot to deny Barnett.

They came to waste time, frustrate, defend and nick one on the break, got their just deserts.

Being picky, vale do lack a bit of quality in the last third, lack someone who can shoot from outside the box but on the flip side look more solid at the back.

Gibbons reminds me of a young Seamus Coleman, superb effort by him.

Have to say, Gibbons performance today had class written all over it

Archived