onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Barnet

Fosse69

The long journey continues with a double header at home, the 6 pointer against Barnet the easier of the 2 on paper. Whether we will repeat the double hat-trick of Foyle and Slaven 20 odd years ago is unlikely, but with Pope and Forrester on form who knows? With our increased options in the forwards and effective substitutions we can surely expect 3 points, as long as we treat the opposition with respect.

Advert

It always concerns me when nearly everyone thinks a match is as good as won befre we step out on to the pitch. So, so many times we have had games like this and ended up losing 0-1 at home to teams like this because of complacency and a relaxed attitude.

I think if anyone can stop this happening it is Aspin and Rudge, but they will really have their work cut out. Barnet are not going to rollover and give up just because we are in good form.

I really hope I am wrong, but somehow don't think we will find it easy and won't win both the so-called easy home matches against Barnet and Yeovil in the Cup. Prove me wrong lads, I will be delighted if you do.

The long journey continues with a double header at home, the 6 pointer against Barnet the easier of the 2 on paper. Whether we will repeat the double hat-trick of Foyle and Slaven 20 odd years ago is unlikely, but with Pope and Fergie on form who knows? With our increased options in the forwards and effective substitutions we can surely expect 3 points, as long as we treat the opposition with respect.

Who is Fergie?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We have deserved all the wins we have got this season and i think the players can only get better so like every game unlike under Mr Brown i feel we have a good chance of a positive outcome.

Team well that is down Aspo and his backroom staff.

Did certain players standards drop v Newport i wouldnt know personally asdidnt attend but those fans who did would know.

Judging by the reports the teamv Barnet would be and maybe should be this .

Boot

Gibbons Anderson Smith Gunning

Kay Regis Montano

Worrall Pope Forrester.

The long journey continues with a double header at home, the 6 pointer against Barnet the easier of the 2 on paper. Whether we will repeat the double hat-trick of Foyle and Slaven 20 odd years ago is unlikely, but with Pope and Fergie*** on form who knows? With our increased options in the forwards and effective substitutions we can surely expect 3 points, as long as we treat the opposition with respect.

*** Should read Forrester

Newport will be no pushover, despite their current position. Four of their last five games have been against Notts County, Mansfield, Coventry and Stanley, so they've had a tough run of fixtures. In addition, Akinde (top scorer in L2 with 26 last season) and Coulthirst (currently on 7) are now both back from injury. They have also signed Dave Tarpey who got 45 last season in National League South for Maidenhead helping them to promotion, and I think he's been out injured too.

We shouldn't overestimate them but you're right that we need to treat them with respect. They won't be expected to win, so the pressure will be on us. Until we're clear of the relegation pack, every game will be on a knife edge and a six-pointer like this one is no exception. These are the kind of pressure games we will need to win and it will need a good performance. Let's hope Aspo and the lads are at their best.

Looking forward to this game, wonder if he will go with same starting 11 did so well at home against Oxford or will Aspo be tempted start with Forrester? He seems a fan of the lad.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I’m sure he’ll want Forrester involved once he has worked his way back to full match fitness, after the problems he’s had it’s crucial that we don’t rush him back too soon.

Archived