onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

You keep your little Port Vale mentality if you like.

strange thing to say when the poster was being realistic,

Do you think norman would pay a settlement fee errr NO

Then as a professional would you leave for a club in a tailspin from a relative job where you can call the shots unhindered err no

Little port vale we are at the moment cause of little thinking going on how the club is run with low budget and scraping players where we can as we are unattractive

Hopefully we will have an experienced manager who has worked in the championship and league 1, who has the strength to work with Smurf and bring the players into line.

Please no one just starting or only has 1-4 years experience, as we need someone with more than that at the moment.

strange thing to say when the poster was being realistic,

Do you think norman would pay a settlement fee errr NO

Then as a professional would you leave for a club in a tailspin from a relative job where you can call the shots unhindered err no

Little port vale we are at the moment cause of little thinking going on how the club is run with low budget and scraping players where we can as we are unattractive

Just because he hasn't paid a settlement fee in the past doesn't mean he won't. He needs to get it right this time and that must be an experienced manager with a winning mentality. He can't fail for a fourth time. He clearly doesn't mind spending money for the club.

You look at the bigger picture and see a bigger club with bigger budgets rather than such a short term immediate view. Why would Wilder take over the basket case Blunts and leave a successful Northampton side in the same division last season, it's about the bigger picture.

Low budget compared to Wycombe and Accy? Come on let's start debating sense

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

To leave a safe and comfortable (for a football manager) job an inducement is required, Prospects are there on the face of it to be a mid L1 team, knowledge of the budget a consideration, players possibly adequate for mid L2 and if need be augmented in January. To me we are looking at unemployed managers who will apply as a matter of course for all jobs at L1/L2. Others will be beyond our reach except non-league managers who would be chancy. I personally would form a group to advise me either as a committee or as individuals. Otherwise I haven't a clue who to pick.

Every manager has failure on there record especially at this level. We need a Coleman/ainsworth etc.

I think MA is brilliant not sure he should return. There are a few decent lower league options. I think smurf will have to get someone decent in on decent money so we don't end up in non league. He's wouldn't get anything for us then if he sold us as a conference club.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using the onevalefan mobile app

Shrewsbury are a similar sized club to us they got there last manager appointment right in getting Paul Hurst in and now there 5 points clear at the top of league 1. I hope for once we pick the right manager as in the last 10 years micky Adams was the only decent one.

I'd say since Brian Horton left Micky Adams was the only decent manager. In fact he actually is the only manager to have won anything at PVFC since Brian Horton left.

Archived