onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Blame

Iron Curtain

Can't disagree with any of that, I'm exceptionally disappointed in the owner and CEO for appointing him and then failing to bin him off. This is hugely damaging the club and all three are culpable.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It isn't too late to rescue our season. By November we could be in deep trouble and facing our worst season.

Keeping Brown could really be sealing our league fate. I have stated on other threads with Stoke City doing so well. Port Vale will die in a generation.

People have already seen their kids coming home in Stoke shirts rather than Port Vale.

What would PVFC being Non League do.

Advert

Nobody is accepting the current situation. There are some - many, who have stopped and thought about it and looked at the longer term view rather than just throwthe toys out of the pram when the pram is pushed over a cliff by its' owner.

Those who want Brown sacked and ask for Adkins/Horton or re experienced managers are living in dreamland. If Smurf cannot afford to sack Brown, as alleged this week, do you think he can 'afford' to fund a high-class replacement ? ?Well perhps he can afford it, but HE WONT- not a chance in hell.

Perhaps we may be wrong and Brown may not turn it round -if that happens and he has to go in, say, November I will admit I was wrong.

There is no chance that gobby knowalls who make it a profession to attack Brown hundreds of times will admit they were wrong if he improves things though.

The point is, on the balance of things, he is more likely to get us some sort of mid-table place (not that this is great) with this bunch of players than any alternative that Smurf will fund.

Having gone through this much pain thanks to Smurf - and its been 2 years of pain and more now - grit your teeth, support the team against FGR and for a few more matches and see if it can be turned round. Having said this, if anyone chooses to stay at home then they are entitled to and it does NOT mean they are not real Vale fans. But come back when we start winning again please !

Those who wish for any alternative and say 'anything is better than this' are wrong in my opinion - we could start losing 0-6 and 0-7 and end up adrift if Smurf comes back and runs things with a puppet inexperienced manager.

I will admit it bea

Therefore it's a sellers market as he's not desperate to sell and therefore it's not in the hands / advantage of the 'buyer'.

A squad of 35 players with a very experienced spine, Garlick saying the budget was strong and competitive.

Wasn't there information the owner put in money on top of giving the 350k of player sales and the ST money? It's also been released it's more than last season. No idea why anyone would think it's £1million.

I agree about the owner and CEO, the haven't appointed this loser to the manager's job and ridiculously haven't sacked him after he hasn't had the balls to resign.

Its not a sellers market in the true sense as the footballing business is being starved and has little to no value - I have no issue with the asset of the ground being separated I would say its general practice but its how this is used for the good/bad of the other separate company and gives a freedon to care little whilst the value drops even further which seems as some forecast is happening (look at british home stores for a good example how to make money from a business your are happy to fail- why sell)

The Budget you say is strong what is this value in £s and how does it compare to this division - if you cant answer that then you cant say with knowledge its a god budget - my estimate is its between 750k and £1m going on the fact we never got a spine of the team as ctr midfielders cost.

The 350k isn't that been paid in instalments so we haven't had 350k so this represents a false figure you cant count it if you haven't got it to spend.

We do agree the men at the top inc the owner are bad judge of managers but this does come down to how attractive they make it for any good targets thus meaning hobsons choice due to budget restrictions-

Face it, we are goosed. We're stuck with Brown-pants because nobody within the club has got the bottle to fire him. We'll just continue to amble along, like we normally do, then we'll get to Mid-February and realise that we are really in the Brown-stuff. But we'll just carry on "giving Michael our full support, because the last thing the club needs is instability". And hey presto, you'll have a manager with two relegations on his CV, promising he "knows what it takes to get us back" into the football league and a chairman taking the attitude that it's all the supporters fault for not renewing their season tickets.

Bill Bell should not even be talked about in the same context as these clowns, regardless of the way he ran the club which was 'old school' - he and John Rudge presided in the finest years of PVFC in my lifetime, therefore any discretions go unnoticed.

Imo V2001 and the cancer of Deakin and Miller were far more damaging (bordering on illegal)to PVFC than Norman.

Norman if i'm brutally honest has taken us from the verge of extinction, 'PROVIDED IMPROVEMENTS ON AND OFF THE PITCH' initially and now seems hell bent on letting the club rot completely - unforgiveable in my eyes. I do hope he has a modicum of self pride in his "project". Perhaps he does nort see failure , only cash rewards after the clubs demise.

I cannot beleieve Brown has not been sacked, he should have gone following relegation without any doubt.

Looks like it will be down to the few remaining 'vocal' few who care passionately (still) about the club to enforce change.

Heard the comment from Garlick on RS last night - we are done - end of

LOL what improvements on and off the pitch 😂😂😂😂 I can't think of one.

I'm to blame !

Why are you Spartacus?

Come Saturday 1800hrs will they still support Brown if we lose? They will probably say it is too early to sack him and he needs time.

No doubt Vale will win comfortably now and they will give him another 10 games, where he will loose them all. Tomorrow is a game we should be winning comfortably, as they are not tipped for promotion after only just coming up.

Get over yourself man, it's a sellers market it seems.

He's provided a strong budget clearly, just once again he and that patronising CEO have failed when choosing who to spend it.

Would you be kind enough to tell us the actual financial details of the 'strong budget' and also how you know them and nobody else does ? It's pure heresay.

if Smurf comes back and runs things with a puppet inexperienced manager.

But bea had he ever gone? and yes thats what he is doing...

everyone has his own pain barrier, for a number of us its now, some have already reached it and have stopped going the Vale, others like yourself its November plus... when a team have a bad run (and we sure had one second half of last season) now a new team is having one the common denominator here is owner/manager. A manager is surposed to lift and motivate his team thru the bad spell, whats ours doing?

=

I will admit it bea

Good man - and most Vale fans will be glad if he does turn it around. And it is not a case of 'I told you so' - I won't be rushing on here to mock the miseeyhogs when we win tomorrow - but I would guess there will still be some who will come on with saying we were lucky, that the opposition were rubbish and that one win is no good.

The important thing is to stop the rot right now and a positive performanace and result tomorrow is all that can be done this weekend, over to you now MB and players, you still have strong support and many of us want you to do us proud tomorrow.

Get over yourself man, it's a sellers market it seems.

He's provided a strong budget clearly, just once again he and that patronising CEO have failed when choosing who to spend it.

So thats what an apologist for Smurthwaite sounds like,I thought all the Smurfettes were extinct and low and behold along pops REP.

if Smurf comes back and runs things with a puppet inexperienced manager.

QUOTE But bea had he ever gone? and yes thats what he is doing...

everyone has his own pain barrier, for a number of us its now, some have already reached it and have stopped going the Vale, others like yourself its November plus... when a team have a bad run (and we sure had one second half of last season) now a new team is having one the common denominator here is owner/manager. A manager is surposed to lift and motivate his team thru the bad spell, whats ours doing?

Yes, that is what he is doing - some say he is like a bad smell that wont disperse and I continually repeat that long term he has to sell if Vale are ever to progress in a meaningful way..

The crucal difference is that, in my humble opinion, Brown and his team are doing all they can to put things right and Smurf doesn't seem to give a tossed pancake about it.

Yes, Brown has had shocking results so far - but he isn't leaking goals lately, there are signs that it CAN be put right and what work has been done will be lost if you bring in another totally inexperienced manager. The problem has been scoring, and if Barnett is back and Pyke and Pope can get off the mark then that will change.

Be under no illusions - you'll get the cheapest, most horrendous appointment if Brown goes (possibly a promotion from within) - and the inexperience could be compounded by him not knowing the players, and there will be some who will attack him from day 1 like one dullard did with Gannon the day after he was appointed. Smurf may even try to run everything himself.

I am trying to be logical and honest and look at what is best for the club - far too many posts (but from only a small nummmber of posters) remre concerened with their personal 'pain barrier' as you call it, their 'embarrassment' at Vale doing badly and are actually being very selfish, or at least self-obsessed.

At least one and perhaps 2 or 3 others are mainly concerned with their OVF standing, and some reason NVER blame Smurf for anything and seem to me be OVF fans not Port Vale fans.

=

Sorry Bea but we will have to agree to disagree .

He isn't leaking goals you say....totally irrelevant if can't hit a cows backside with a banjo at the other end of the pitch.

As for the signs it can be put right I and many others have not seen them.

Luton was the first game I decided not to go to. During the rest of the season I have barely got out of my seat with boredom. There are NO signs whatsover of improvement . My honest opinion .

Archived