onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Blame

Iron Curtain

Hands up those who think Garlick or the puppet Chairman Fradley have the power to sack Michael Brown. For those who raised their arm I say come on and get real, it is the cartoon puppet Papa Smurf who pulls their strings and makes the decisions.

He's not been sacked for the same reason he was given the job in the summer - they don't have the first idea who to replace him with for the wage they are willing to pay.

The club is just winding down now ready for next season.

As I've said before Brown leaving won't make a difference because of the overall incompetance throughout the club but I'd have thought he'd have gone if even just to save the crowd from a Saturday low.

Whatever the clubs plan going forward is I'll just never know.

Advert

Let's be realistic.

Garlick is going to say positive things in favour of MB in the press. The CEO of a football club is not going to go on live radio and say "yes the manager is a tôsser, lose on Saturday and I'm sacking him."

It's not the done thing. Garlick is just playing the game as a CEO should.

What is really happening, behind the scenes however, in my opinion, is that MB knows full well that a loss on Saturday will result in contactual termination. They're both just playing the game in public, behind closed doors the situation is more critical.

I believe we are waiting for paperwork back from an experienced managers solicitors.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Why is considered more 'manly' to surrender and throw the towel in than continue to work as hard as possible, against the odds and against criticism and abuse, to fight and fight and fight to win and put things right ?

He may not get it right, those of us supporting his efforts may be wrong, we are 'man' enough (and woman enough in cases of loyal female fans) to admit it and stand

up and be counted when the club needs support more than ever.

I agree with that .

However if your loyal fans r turning up no matter what u think of Brown Morgan Kelly u put a magnificent display on for them .

To what i call it be a part in the dismissal of Brown Kelly and Morgan because u dont like them is quite lame from the players,i dont buy my season ticket my sons and me mum doesnt buy me nephews c Vale go into most games half hearted and lose .

U dont have to like them but as a professional u have to do the business for the fans or there will be only be the die hards left.

Remember Kelly as being a very good striker so if he thinks u aint doing enough then maybe he is right .

To not score in 12 out of 17 league games no wonder he may be blazing mad ,im blazing mad to as i have attended most of them games .

Cut them some slack as they probably only reacting the way we are to the endless run of defeats .

Its up to the players grow some.

Whats stopping Smith running the length of the field and playing 4 or 5 one

The point is, on the balance of things, he is more likely to get us some sort of mid-table place (not that this is great) with this bunch of players than any alternative that Smurf will fund.

How on earth is Brown, on balance, more likely to get us some sort of mid-table place?

We were relegated from League 1 under his stewardship and now sit rock bottom of the Football League.

His win ratio is 18.2%.

His points per game average is 0.78.

We've failed to score in more than half of his matches in charge.

We've failed to keep a clean sheet in 78.7% of those games.

We've turned a losing position into three points only once during his tenure.

Brown has been a disastrous appointment and is completely out of his depth. We can't score, we don't create chances and despite the negative tactics we can't defend.

While Brown might not be the root cause of all of our problems, there's no evidence whatsoever that he's the man to try and get us out of this mess. His position is completely untenable.

Clearly, Smurthwaite's track record means there's little confidence that he could find a decent successor. However, I'd rather take a chance on someone else than condemn us to a relegation which looks to be a nailed on certainty if hapless Brown remains in post. Four centre halves, a passive midfield with zero pace or creativity, and isolated strikers who continue to be picked regardless of form isn't going to pull us away from the bottom two, regardless of how "brave" Michael Brown thinks his approach might be.

Ah well, we go again.

Brown is completely drowning as is clearly not fit for management. For him not to resign and stand up and show the same dignity Bruno and Adams (who is 100% more a manger than Brown) shows he's a huge failure and has no class.

The CEO and the owner have to take responsibility for the abysmal decision not to relieve him of his duties, exceptionally poor of both of them especially when he was given a contract after relegating us last season.

Brown is completely drowning as is clearly not fit for management. For him not to resign and stand up and show the same dignity Bruno and Adams (who is 100% more a manger than Brown) shows he's a huge failure and has no class.

Norman is completely drowning as is clearly not fit for ownership. For him not to Sell at a reasonable price and stand up and show the same dignity shows he's a huge failure and has no class.

Norman is completely drowning as is clearly not fit for ownership. For him not to Sell at a reasonable price and stand up and show the same dignity shows he's a huge failure and has no class.

Get over yourself man, it's a sellers market it seems.

He's provided a strong budget clearly, just once again he and that patronising CEO have failed when choosing who to spend it.

He's provided a strong budget clearly, just once again he and that patronising CEO have failed when choosing who to spend it.

I would disagree on a sellers market just a case I think he has reached the point he wants more out than putting in and happy to wait whilst doing this before selling.

With regards to budget, I haven't heard how much we have but suspect its low to middle (£750k to £1m)- could you clarify what our budget is and what is a strong budget in numbers please to help me understand the scale a bit better.

Yes they have messed up with the manager and worse still they cant/wont put it right so the bucks stops with the hierarchy at the top - this cant be denied

I still think Norman should sell up and is part of the problem, however I think Garlick has shown to be an awful CEO he isn't fit to run PVFC.

Brown is another argument, should have only been caretaker last season while we searched for someone better.

Instead he was allowed to take us down and looks too again.

I would disagree on a sellers market just a case I think he has reached the point he wants more out than putting in and happy to wait whilst doing this before selling.

With regards to budget, I haven't heard how much we have but suspect its low to middle (£750k to £1m)- could you clarify what our budget is and what is a strong budget in numbers please to help me understand the scale a bit better.

Yes they have messed up with the manager and worse still they cant/wont put it right so the bucks stops with the hierarchy at the top - this cant be denied

Therefore it's a sellers market as he's not desperate to sell and therefore it's not in the hands / advantage of the 'buyer'.

A squad of 35 players with a very experienced spine, Garlick saying the budget was strong and competitive.

Wasn't there information the owner put in money on top of giving the 350k of player sales and the ST money? It's also been released it's more than last season. No idea why anyone would think it's £1million.

I agree about the owner and CEO, the haven't appointed this loser to the manager's job and ridiculously haven't sacked him after he hasn't had the balls to resign.

I still think Norman should sell up and is part of the problem, however I think Garlick has shown to be an awful CEO he isn't fit to run PVFC.

Brown is another argument, should have only been caretaker last season while we searched for someone better.

Instead he was allowed to take us down and looks too again.

Can't disagree with any of that, I'm exceptionally disappointed in the owner and CEO for appointing him and then failing to bin him off. This is hugely damaging the club and all three are culpable.

Smurthwaite is definitely to blame. However I think Brown should have been a man, admitted defeat and resigned.

Smurf is the problem here and he is much worse than v2001 or Bell or anyone.

Smurf is the worst thing to happen to PVFC.

Bill Bell should not even be talked about in the same context as these clowns, regardless of the way he ran the club which was 'old school' - he and John Rudge presided in the finest years of PVFC in my lifetime, therefore any discretions go unnoticed.

Imo V2001 and the cancer of Deakin and Miller were far more damaging (bordering on illegal)to PVFC than Norman.

Norman if i'm brutally honest has taken us from the verge of extinction, provided improvements on an off the pitch initially and now seems hell bent on letting the club rot completely - unforgiveable in my eyes. I do hope he has a modicum of self pride in his "project". Perhaps he does nort see failure , only cash rewards after the clubs demise.

I cannot beleieve Brown has not been sacked, he should have gone following relegation without any doubt.

Looks like it will be down to the few remaining 'vocal' few who care passionately (still) about the club to enforce change.

Heard the comment from Garlick on RS last night - we are done - end of

Archived