onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

David Artell - you're a disgrace

Jacko51

Advert

I wonder if Lee Blakeman got out of bed the wrong side today? I heard he got to the ground early to set up and they wouldn't let him in. Made him stand and wait outside the Lorne Street for ages with all his stuff.

Must have been turned away by someone who believes in playing two strikers at home. Maybe Brown let him in. Would explain a lot.

Blakeman is a joke,his attitude to callers who criticise is to cut them off,he also struggled with the concept that Pope was isolated in the first half,scared stiff to ask the questions on every fans minds.

Yes, he is woeful, but is so, so typical of Radio Stoke. He seems to be getting worse and gives the impression recently that he has a right ego and is very antagonistic, rudely putting down callers' opinions if they're not to his liking. I wouldn't even say that he was playing Devil's Advocate, as he just rubbishes anyone's opinion that is critical of the manager, in particular - obviously following the age-old Radio Stoke tradition of crawling up the local managers' backsides, as they don't want to upset them as they'll have to interview them later that week.

Have I read somewhere that he's a Stoke fan? - I've noticed occasionally that he lets his role as the supposed Vale-assigned reporter slip, such as when stating to a caller today that "YOU [meaning Vale] lost last week and YOU were awful".

Have I read somewhere that he's a Stoke fan? - I've noticed occasionally that he lets his role as the supposed Vale-assigned reporter slip, such as when stating to a caller today that "YOU [meaning Vale] lost last week and YOU were awful".

I actually like Lee Blakeman and I've been thankful for his RS coverage these past few years. Now we have iFollow, i don't hear so much of his work, but the "You" comment did bristle a little with me. It seemed deliberate. Has he been told to be impartial?

Back to Artell, his interviews belie his education. He's actually got a couple of university degrees. But he was bang out of order with his remarks today.

Thanks for missing the point of the thread. This is not about Brown's ability or lack of it as a manager, it's about the total lack of professionalism shown post match by Artell. His behaviour was, quite frankly, pathetic and if Brown had made those sort of comments you would have been apoplectic.

You are talking about professionalism of a football manager, so am I, I personally wouldn't want theirs or ours as for differing reasons they are not fit for role.

Mumbling about the words of an opponent when our manager is completely destroying us is however like playing the violin as the titanic went down!

You are talking about professionalism of a football manager, so am I, I personally wouldn't want theirs or ours as for differing reasons they are not fit for role.

Mumbling about the words of an opponent when our manager is completely destroying us is however like playing the violin as the titanic went down!

That may well be but there's other threads to talk about the incompetence of our manager and more importantly our pathetic owner who is to blame for where we are now.

This thread is to talk about Dave Artell and his arrogant, disrespectful and childish comments. Can we stick on topic?

You are still missing to point of what this thread is about.Maybe Artell was on about you with his disgusting comment

You are talking about professionalism of a football manager' date=' so am I, [/quote']

But not the one the thread is about. You criticised me recently for going off topic in a thread. Can I suggest you take your own advice and stick to the topic. I have said on more than one occasion going back as far as January that the appointment of Michael Brown was, in my opinion, a mistake but that is not the point of this thread. I really wish you could grasp that.

But not the one the thread is about. You criticised me recently for going off topic in a thread. Can I suggest you take your own advice and stick to the topic. I have said on more than one occasion going back as far as January that the appointment of Michael Brown was, in my opinion, a mistake but that is not the point of this thread. I really wish you could grasp that.

You can suggest what you want, you chose not to listen to me as it's a world of free speech so unless you want it to be Jacko's version of North Korea I will crack on.

Let's get our own club in order before criticising others

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Incidentally, I rang Radio Stoke immediately after Artell's interview and when I was asked what I wanted to speak about I said I wanted to respond to the comments in the interview. That was a good half an hour before the end of the programme. I was never called back. Cheers Lee.

You can suggest what you want, you chose not to listen to me as it's a world of free speech so unless you want it to be Jacko's version of North Korea I will crack on.

Let's get our own club in order before criticising others

But I am not criticising Crewe, I'm commenting on remarks made by an individual. Please read this post before responding, Kim.

Archived