onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Advert

Can't believe we still don't look like we are organised with a pattern of play other than a hit and hope to Pope..just not good enough.

Can't fault players effort but is there a worst CB in L2 than Kaye?? Smith looks a shadow of the player from last year and I really think that partnership needs to be broken up to halt our losing streak.FFS play 2 up front, still think we should play 3-5-2.

I've called for patience but sorry Brown needs to go now. The lack of organising and general play at this stage of the season is a disgrace and his post match interviews just confirm my suspicions that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Brown Out!

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Pope had two jobs to do first half.

Ball not sticking due to lack of support.

It was a re run of last week, as we looked OK and then let in a very soft goal, followed by the sending off.

Very different second half.

Pope and Pyke together, a mobile midfield.

Really like the look of Worrall and Whitfield.

Ultimately fell short in spite of a real good go.

Central defence is a nightma re!

Hornby kept us in it with some excellent stops.

I'm hoping this is a work in progress and the players we have gel.

There are some decent players out there and they are a very new team.

It might well take 10 games or more to really click.

If not, then there can only be one option.

Brown will have to go.

It's interesting to read the comments from the game, which are all very reminiscent of last season - we played well, didn't deserve to lose, the ref cost us the game, the players need time to gel, Brown will get it right eventually. Well, the simple truth is that if you play well and lose, particularly against a poor side, you are in serious trouble.

The enforced changes at half time only served to show how wrong Brown got it from the start, playing with one up front and relying on the long ball to Pope. This may work away from home, as it did at Crawley, but it's not the recipe for success at home. We are also repeating one of Brown's cardinal errors from last season - playing people out of position and hoping the opposition don't notice.

So, we're four games in and here we are joint bottom on three points. The questions is, will Brown learn from today? Personally, I can't see it but we'll have a good idea after our next three games, which are against much sterner opposition than any of the L2 teams we've played to date. Looking at it in the cold light of today's defeat, a run of three more after today will put us in dire straits.

Frankly, it's not good enough that we have to rely on a rookie manager with one of the worst managerial records in the club's history to put right the mistakes of last season. Why should we, the paying fans, have to put up with it? I hope Norman is watching this unfold because he will need to sort out yet another mess of his own making if we can carry on like this for very much longer.

I'm sorry but today was worse than Wycombe.

Today really pissed me off.

I said it before the game started on here our team selection was comical and so was the formation that brown attempted.

Didn't brown last season have a moan at Bruno once he had left for playing one up top? Didn't brown when we signed stobbs say he won't be ready to start matches yet?

Today we played joe Davis who isn't very good at centre back at right back where he was for a large part clueless. We have signed a good right back in Wilson, granted he's not started well but he's better than Davis there!!! So a back 4 containing 3 centre backs, brilliant.

The midfield was comically bad selection wise, 4 wingers out of 5 playing there?!! Come off it brown. Stobbs isn't ready he said that himself, harness looks crap to me, not a fan at all, Whitfield is steady as was worral who was decent.

Pope up front alone again. I've never been his biggest fan but I won't blame him for this **** show. Brown get it into your head. Tom pope can't play as a lone striker. Play him with pyke or turner and we might actually cause a side a few issues. Just look at the 2nd half!

To me today once again proved how clueless our manager and his assistant are. I think we've signed some good players for league 2. The likes of worral would've been good in league 1 but continue to pick negative formations that simply don't work with our personnel, pick players out of formation, and then call it brave when you change to what we should have started with!!!

Did smith just have a decent year or something because he's been a shadow? Or is that down to this brilliant assistant manager who has failed everywhere?

Surely Kay can't be selected again? He's ******.

Brown is horrific I'm sorry but it's 100% true. He was woeful and got us relegated last season and it's been just as bad if not worse thus far! 3 goals v Crawley and 2 v Wycombe. Back to normality under Michael brown as we draw two blanks against let's be honest average sides.

I don't buy that we deserved a point because of the 2nd half. Yes we were better but the game should have been over long before. Today was just **** again and it's depressing as hell to watch.

**** off brown before you relegate us again.

Has Brown actually scouted these players or is he signing people like Popes mates who can't get in the Bury side.

Would Streete or Bikey come back if they havnt got a club.

I'm starting to think that we haven't properly scouted players for a few years now. There is no way Bruno scouted all those chancers, and considering the amount of goalkeepers and wingers browns brought in, along with players he brings in then decides they aren't good enough, im presuming browns scatter shot transfer policy doesn't include scouts either. Does ray Williams need a job? Oh for the days when him and Rudgie would travel the length of the country watching players at all levels to get the right man.

I feel a lot more hopeful today than I did after the Wycombe match.

Ray Williams after the match said that Michael Brown is close to establishing his best side. The effort and industry of Vale today was far more in abundance than last home game. True, we still have our defensive frailties and he'll have to solve that problem still, but I think we have the makings of a competitive side. Only time will tell - and Michael, please consider going two up front from the kick off - but I'm hopeful.

Last season Ray Williams said Brown would be a Premier League manager one day. I remember Blakeman saying Brown might have learned a thing or two from Neil Warnock and Ray Williams sayid Brown would be ten times the manager that Warnock ever was... the manager that has been promoted seven times. Ray Williams said!

Well done Crewe on your win .

Game lost in first half yet again thats three league games on the bounce lost because of first half docileness.

I enjoyed the second half the heart and committment were there .

The difference between the teams was they defended superbly and we defended horribly.

Bad times but enjoyed Worrall Pope Whitfield and Pykes efforts second half .

Brown lost us that with the set up first half .

I'm sorry but today was worse than Wycombe.

Today really pissed me off.

I said it before the game started on here our team selection was comical and so was the formation that brown attempted.

Didn't brown last season have a moan at Bruno once he had left for playing one up top? Didn't brown when we signed stobbs say he won't be ready to start matches yet?

Today we played joe Davis who isn't very good at centre back at right back where he was for a large part clueless. We have signed a good right back in Wilson, granted he's not started well but he's better than Davis there!!! So a back 4 containing 3 centre backs, brilliant.

The midfield was comically bad selection wise, 4 wingers out of 5 playing there?!! Come off it brown. Stobbs isn't ready he said that himself, harness looks crap to me, not a fan at all, Whitfield is steady as was worral who was decent.

Pope up front alone again. I've never been his biggest fan but I won't blame him for this **** show. Brown get it into your head. Tom pope can't play as a lone striker. Play him with pyke or turner and we might actually cause a side a few issues. Just look at the 2nd half!

To me today once again proved how clueless our manager and his assistant are. I think we've signed some good players for league 2. The likes of worral would've been good in league 1 but continue to pick negative formations that simply don't work with our personnel, pick players out of formation, and then call it brave when you change to what we should have started with!!!

Did smith just have a decent year or something because he's been a shadow? Or is that down to this brilliant assistant manager who has failed everywhere?

Surely Kay can't be selected again? He's ******.

Brown is horrific I'm sorry but it's 100% true. He was woeful and got us relegated last season and it's been just as bad if not worse thus far! 3 goals v Crawley and 2 v Wycombe. Back to normality under Michael brown as we draw two blanks against let's be honest average sides.

I don't buy that we deserved a point because of the 2nd half. Yes we were better but the game should have been over long before. Today was just **** again and it's depressing as hell to watch.

**** off brown before you relegate us again.

Very hard to disagree with any of that.

So tonge is sent off and then we play better second half with ten men than all the 3 last halves at Vale Park with Eleven .

Lets not forget we should have had 2 pens .

Worrall good i liked him ,Pyke hungry and he linked up with Popey well,.

The centre halfs r costing us every game we need to sign someone like Bikey or go with Gunning or Davis ,id drop the both of them on current form .

Some positives yesterday but not enough.

Crewe deserved there win on chances created.

U get nothing for huffing and puffing.

U have to have the killer instinct

Archived