Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y

REP, I don't know where you were in the ground, but I was in the Lorne Street and the incident was about 20 feet away so I saw it clearly.

Yes the lad was caught, but not with two feet and certainly not with any intent. When it happened I thought 'he'll be lucky to get away with that one', fully expecting a yellow card. When it was red I couldn't believe it and neither did Tonge. I think it would be extremely difficult to prove any intent if the replay was viewed, so I hope for Tonge's sake Vale are appealing it.

We must be close together then as I sit in Lorne Street in the first block about 10 rows behind the away dugout.

My first words were 'he's off' and from replays no reason to change that view.

One of those challenges that would barely have warranted a word from the ref 10 years ago, but under current rules he was high / over the ball, and out of control/reckless with the risk of causing injury to an opponent. Intent is irrelevant.

Reality is the rules have changed and we have to play to them. Agree with REP on this occasion that zero chance in an appeal. Nothing has come out of the club that they are to appeal, so I assume they have come to the same conclusion.

Archived