onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Advert

The stats will show it being a close game, even with having 10 men for an hour, but the reality is it's yet another defeat.

I don't think the players we have are bad players, but they don't look like they know what they're doing.

Where is our pattern of play?

What's our identity?

What do we do in training?!

Agree totally disorganised at the min time will tell

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

We have the players to play 5/3/2 or 3/5/2. Tom needs someone up with him.Stone wall pen first half,blatant shove in the back.Possibly a pen when Montano looked to be fetched up. Some decent crosses second half ,Tom should have buried the one that hit the bar.Sam Hornby and David Worrall standouts for me.

Thought you were going if we lost.

Still making excuses for Browns poor tactics and team selection.But I know nothing about football.

I dont think we can play pope up front by himself, whilst his build up play is good he doesn't have the turn of pace to make other teams sit a bit deeper, for pope to work you need players bombing through from midfield which I don't think we had today, the whole team was to deep in the first half which allowed them to press and easily fill the gaps which showed whilst having the majority of the possession and territory first half we didn't trouble their keeper. I thought Worrel looked tidy first half and looked to press on, almost in a number 10 role but the sending off made him sit in a more natural centre midfielder position.

2nd half we looked much more lively with the introduction of Pyke, pope had someone with pace to scare the defences but most of all he was no longer isolated. I thought harness looked more effective when he came inside 2nd half and drove at them which created space, first half I thought he ran his socks off but his end quality wasn't there, also he needs to play clever, every time he got to the bye line he cut back onto his right foot, mix it up and drive in now and again which would have kept their full back on their toes!

I have to be honest I just think we look like conceading, every time Crewe finally got out of their half porter, dagnall and cooper looked dangerous

My hope is brown quickly finally figures out his best starting 11 and formation and with that a settled side will gel!

We're going make mistakes at this level, players who can consistaty perform do not play in league 2!

UTV

Thought the lads played well after going down to 10 men. Davis and the two centre halves to blame for their. Really liked the mobility of our midfield with Whitlock and Worrall. Harness hopeless as a winger but looked better in midfield. Pope played well but was desperate to have someone feeding off him. Pyke made a difference when he came on. Denton and our goalie had good games. We need time to gell but we will get there. Feeling optimistic.

Thought the lads played well after going down to 10 men. Davis and the two centre halves to blame for their. Really liked the mobility of our midfield with Whitlock and Worrall. Harness hopeless as a winger but looked better in midfield. Pope played well but was desperate to have someone feeding off him. Pyke made a difference when he came on. Denton and our goalie had good games. We need time to gell but we will get there. Feeling optimistic.

Good to see genuine sense on here instead of the trolls who only want to blag us off. These are good players and just need to gel and have our support.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

As the saying goes we huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down. I really held Smurf responsible for our demise but after his team selection and substitutions I have got to wonder where we are going with Brown. We are a one trick pony, long ball to Pope then pick up the knock-on..... pity we had to wait until second half to give him the support. We apparently have a seasoned centre half as coach....really. Smith has gone backwards and Kay is garbage. Why play Davis at full back when in Gibbons we have someone equally inexperienced but a natural full back. Sort the defence out and maybe we can make progress. But what do I know.
Obviously more than our managerial team. What has Kay brought to the table he is slow as a cart horse, never wins any cross balls into the box and has turned Smith into a bag of nerves. I bet the Pope wishes that he was playing against him instead of with him!

Any more losses and Norman will be begging someone to buy it.

Oh I forgot he,s a clever business man and he has loads of buyers begging him to sell at the right price.Time is running out Norman tick,tock.Sell it while someone will still pay you to buy it.

You may have pay someone to buy it soon.

Where,s plan C.

You sad person you can request me to leave if Vale won but won't leave if Vale lost.Bet it will would be different if Vale had won .If you can't take it don't give it.

You're the one with the problem.You must be dying for us to down again.Either that or you are a **** fan.

The stats will show it being a close game, even with having 10 men for an hour, but the reality is it's yet another defeat.

I don't think the players we have are bad players, but they don't look like they know what they're doing.

Where is our pattern of play?

What's our identity?

What do we do in training?!

Thing is that these types of things happen under brown constantly. Last season how many games did we not look worse than the opposition but still lost? Mistakes and lack of organisation cost us league 1 status last year and what you've mentioned there is exactly right we look like a Sunday team where 11 players start the game and encourage each other and work hard. However they don't have a style or pattern of play, they lack quality and give away goals- it's just 11 people playing what they think their position needs and having a game.

How many times did we see Pope bring the ball down and have no one going past him? Or we

Got the ball wide and everyone was all stood waiting for a cross. No one leaving it late and attacking the ball or one front one back etc... just beggars believe. Again defensively how many times a game do we give a free header to forwards??? We don't pick up tightly on crosses or set pieces at all we seems to just all watch and get in the way without anyone attacking the ball or marking.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived