onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Out

Advert

I think most are very frustrated at the moment BUT it is only a few on here who cant wait to see Brown fail from what i can see and read.

I am prepared to give him a chance but lose a couple more and the pressure will build on him from others thats for sure

How many more chances do you want to give Brown until we are relegated.

The guy hasn't got a clue and is completely out of his depth.

He still blames every man and his dog for his failings.

He has had all summer to plan his recruitment but has bought in players who are not good enough for the first team instead of fewer players of better quality.

He is depending on young kids and loan signings who aren't ready for first team football. Look at the bench on Saturday who could he bring on to improve the team.He signed Hornby when he already had Boote as cover when he needed an experienced keeper.We need a midfield ball player and a right back as Wilson is not good enough.Davis and Gunning are not good enough for the first team. Where are his successful signings to improve the team.

I will give him a chance on Saturday against Crewe and hope and pray we can get a result.lf we do lose he deserves all the flak he gets.

I think most are very frustrated at the moment BUT it is only a few on here who cant wait to see Brown fail from what i can see and read.

I am prepared to give him a chance but lose a couple more and the pressure will build on him from others thats for sure

It's not a case of waiting for him to fail, he has already massively failed. What I would like to see is him replaced because he has failed and I don't want him to fail even more.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Bruno got 27 points from 23 games, he'd have needed less than ten points from the other 23 games to finish bottom (assuming he lost to Coventry like Brown did) so what's a large margin? 5 points? So Bruno would have needed to get less than six points from 23 games. Five times less points than he in the first half.

Brown has been in charge now for two months longer than Bruno had and has signed eight more players than Bruno did.

Those are facts. Now here is my opinion: Bruno had no plan B but at least he had a plan A, which is more than I can say for Brown.

My point is if Bruno had stayed the chances are we would have been relegated sooner and by a larger margin. As it turned out Vale would have stayed up with 1 more win or 2 points (I mistakely said i point above), Brown narrowly failed despite the .poor hand dealt.

Wrex, history has shown Bruno signed many players who weren't good enough for Lge 1 and the majority of them weren't going to play under Brown, thankfully the majority have gone. Hence Brown has had to sign replacments for the overseas players plus those that left in January plus those that left because of relegation. The playing fabric of PVFC has been ripped apart by Smurf & Bruno and it will take some rebuilding.

Bruno's plan A or was it the "Norwegian's Plan" was flawed from the start, many people predicted relegation before a ball was kicked, signing so many Conference caliber or lower players and there is only one place to go. Bruno didn't have a plan B 'cause be had no plan A and who knows what Moussallati's role was in the debacle.

Obviously we have a different opinion but Brown picked up a huge mess, missed his target by 1 win or two points, I believe he's signed some good players who will do the business as they gell, time will tell.

My point is if Bruno had stayed the chances are we would have been relegated sooner and by a larger margin. As it turned out Vale would have stayed up with 1 more win or 2 points (I mistakely said i point above), Brown narrowly failed despite the .poor hand dealt.

Wrex, history has shown Bruno signed many players who weren't good enough for Lge 1 and the majority of them weren't going to play under Brown, thankfully the majority have gone. Hence Brown has had to sign replacments for the overseas players plus those that left in January plus those that left because of relegation. The playing fabric of PVFC has been ripped apart by Smurf & Bruno and it will take some rebuilding.

Bruno's plan A or was it the "Norwegian's Plan" was flawed from the start, many people predicted relegation before a ball was kicked, signing so many Conference caliber or lower players and there is only one place to go. Bruno didn't have a plan B 'cause be had no plan A and who knows what Moussallati's role was in the debacle.

Obviously we have a different opinion but Brown picked up a huge mess, missed his target by 1 win or two points, I believe he's signed some good players who will do the business as they gell, time will tell.

It would be interesting to know how many players Bruno actually wanted and how many were signed up by Smurthwaite/Moussallati/Norway. But Bruno agreed to whatever the arrangement was so he has to culpable for the signings. I predicted relegation before last season began, but the situation when Brown took over was far from hopeless, six points above the drop zone. Brown's recruitment plan is more sensible than last season's, though that's not saying much, and there are clear holes. But no, the plan a/b thing I was referring to was more matchday tactics. Bruno aimed to play possession football and tire the opposition out, which worked his luck ran out at Sheffield United. I couldn't say what the plan has been against Wycombe and Chesterfield. I guess it's just a generic 'wingers beat their man, defenders get stuck in, everyone do their job' kinda thing, but either the coaching or the motivation isn't there because players clearly are not winning their individual battles or working together cohesively. I agree he has signed some good players, but if good players are playing like bad players you have to look at the coaching staff.

If Bruno had remained in charge for the whole of last season and the same 3 players were lost in January the chances are Vale would have finished rock botton, 24th, by a big margin, the whole playing side of the club had been wrecked.

Michael Brown managed to get Vale to within one point of safety despite not being able to sigh some preferred players, he had lousy luck with injuries which unfortunately seems to have carried over into this season.

MB is in a process of rebuiling the playing side of the club and it's going to take time, he's got rid of the majority of Bruno's follies, signed some good players but needs to get the balance right in center midield, perhaps adding a new player, and sort out the problem with a goalkeeper if Lainton's injury is long term.

First ca 4 months of last season Vale were up there in the table despite generally playing poorly, Bruno had luck but the luck quickly ran out. MB's completely new team are W1-D0-L2 and he's having no "Bruno type luck", I expect Vale will get better as the season progresses as the players gell, it will be a mirror image of last season.

Vale have to break this cycle of new owner/new manager/new different players/new backroom staff etc it's a recipe for the Conference. Back Michael Brown.

Brown managed to get us to within a point of safety....

Oh dear.

Bruno was useless but that dosent mean that brown should have got us relegated. I'm fed up of saying this but even though he was dealt a bad hand his tactics were crap. A decent manager would have kept us up and at least made us tough to beat. I think had Bruno stayed we would've probably finished about where we did. Both poor managers.

Ovf members in over the top witch hunt lol 3 games and dont say he had 18 before because most players were bruno's and totally unfit give the players time to jel together brown will come good 3 games has any manager ever been sacked after 3 games

Well look at the facts. Be bad 24 games before so 27 in total..... most players were Bruno's, the ones brown signed on the most were pretty woeful as well. Remember the lad from qpr who never even made the bench?

Brown managed to get us to within a point of safety....

Oh dear.

Bruno was useless but that dosent mean that brown should have got us relegated. I'm fed up of saying this but even though he was dealt a bad hand his tactics were crap. A decent manager would have kept us up and at least made us tough to beat. I think had Bruno stayed we would've probably finished about where we did. Both poor managers.

Already realized my mistake in post #232.

593, Much, much harder to create than destoy, Bruno and Smurf destroyed the playing fabric of PVFC in 6 months and Brown is trying to rebuild/create what was destroyed.

Time will tell if Michael Brown is a decent manager but at least give him, with his own team, as long as Bruno had. We know Bruno was a dunderhead of a football manager and was before he came to PVFC.

the situation when Brown took over was far from hopeless, six points above the drop zone.

And dropping like a stone, team morale zero, experience players wanting to leave during Bruno's tenure, Bruno refusing to give interviews, no leadership, 3 captains appointed - schooolboy stuff then the 3 of the best players leave, as close to hopeless as it gets.

Brown's recruitment plan is more sensible than last season's, though that's not saying much, and there are clear holes.

Still time to bring in players to imrove the squad

But no, the plan a/b thing I was referring to was more matchday tactics. Bruno aimed to play possession football and tire the opposition out, which worked his luck ran out at Sheffield United.

Possession football isn't used to tire the opposition out, this is PVFC not Barca, the possession football under Bruno was laughable last season usually ended up with a big boot from Alnwick.

I couldn't say what the plan has been against Wycombe and Chesterfield.

Vale were dire against Wycombe and it was Wycombe's and Akinfenwa's day, we matched Chesterfield but didn't score.

I guess it's just a generic 'wingers beat their man, defenders get stuck in, everyone do their job' kinda thing,

You mean the same tactics Mickey Adams got vale out of Lge 2

but either the coaching or the motivation isn't there because players clearly are not winning their individual battles or working together cohesively. I agree he has signed some good players, but if good players are playing like bad players you have to look at the coaching staff.

It's gonna take some time for the players to gell, there were some 50:50 hospital balls around Vale's box on Saturday during the 2nd half and if I remember right Vale won most if not all, it showed motivation.

Well look at the facts. Be bad 24 games before so 27 in total..... most players were Bruno's, the ones brown signed on the most were pretty woeful as well. Remember the lad from qpr who never even made the bench?

Proul...was a strange one, the two goalkeepers were poor, three experience players Brown wanted didn't sign, Eagles, Walker, Guy, Bikey and Pugh were all decent signings, Shodipo got injured so difficult to judge so the statement, "the ones brown signed on the most were pretty woeful" is more than a tad unfair.

Much, much harder to create than destoy, Bruno and Smurf destroyed the playing fabric of PVFC in 6 months and Brown is trying to rebuild/create what was destroyed.

Time will tell if Michael Brown is a decent manager but at least give him, with his own team, as long as Bruno had. We know Bruno was a dunderhead of a football manager and was before he came to PVFC.

Smurfs decisions last season have set us back years I think. For us to get us back to a steady mid table league one side is not to going to happen over night

Everything we had built through Adams and then the continuity with Page was destroyed by one man thinking he knew football better. Now look where we are.

This season the players are new, the management team is new, it needs games for them to gel as a side. I don't understand why people think this will happen immediately, it just won't when we see upheaval on the scale we've had. 3 games is too early yet to start calling for a new manager. At this rate the cycle of new manager and him bringing in his players is going to be never ending.

Smurfs decisions last season have set us back years I think. For us to get us back to a steady mid table league one side is not to going to happen over night

Everything we had built through Adams and then the continuity with Page was destroyed by one man thinking he knew football better. Now look where we are.

This season the players are new, the management team is new, it needs games for them to gel as a side. I don't understand why people think this will happen immediately, it just won't when we see upheaval on the scale we've had. 3 games is too early yet to start calling for a new manager. At this rate the cycle of new manager and him bringing in his players is going to be never ending.

You are still living in your Alice in Wonderland life thinking Brown can stop a sinking ship from going down. The players Brown has bought in are poor (just name one decent signing)plus his loan signings are raw kids who aren't ready for league football.The lads from the youth team are not ready for league football and aren't suddenly going to turn off into world beaters overnight.He has wasted his budget on players just to make up the numbers like Davis,Gunning,Hornby instead of bringing in players ready for the first team.He had no options to bring on better players from the bench on Saturday.

Archived